Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Draw 50 Flowers, Trees, and Other Plants: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw Orchids, Weeping Willows, Prickly Pears, Pineapples, and Many More...
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on April 19, 2013
This book wasn't exactly what I was expecting, and the projects are a little dated. The book, like all of the books in the Draw 50 series, has no text or explanations of techniques to go along with the drawings. The format has you copy the author's sketches as he develops them, showing 5-6 steps of each drawing. Each page has a different drawing on it with 50 plants total in the book. What I wanted, but didn't find in this book, was how to use simple shapes to develop the overall layout of the plant and to help establish size and proportions before adding details to make a final drawing. The sketches in the book don't really have a layout. Some start with a few lines, the curve of a leaf and a few petals, but there is no visual connection to them. Others start with one detail of the plant and develop the sketch from there. If I could draw like that, I would just draw from photos or by looking at a plant, and not get a how to draw book. I looked at one other Draw 50 book, the one with multiple projects, and it looks like some of the the themes work in this format since they use layouts with simple forms to start the project, such as animals and famous faces, but others don't, such as plants and full figures. The latter also appear very dated, and you can tell its a 1960's sketch of a weeping willow or soldier. In the end, I returned this book, and I have been happily using some books from the Draw Books series (Draw 3-D and Draw Cars) to get back into drawing, but I haven't found anything on flowers which I like yet.
on February 19, 2015
I bought this as a gift for one of my teenage daughters who wanted to be learn to draw better. It has definitely helped her learn to think in terms of shapes within shapes, forming designs from basic shapes, and synchronizing all of these together. She has kept a journal of her work and the progress is obvious since using this book. It might be a bit much for a very young child to try without adult guidance, but pre teens and teens, as well as adults, should find it quite useful in expanding their art skills.
on May 2, 2014
Great instructions - step by step easy to follow - and easy to grasp the concept of drawing accurately. A very useful tool for design and beginners. Cost effective - packaged well - prompt delivery.
on January 2, 2015
Nothing too special and I would not buy again. Yes it shows pictures and you can just copy what they have done, but there is no real theory behind it.
on December 28, 2013
It really does provide a starting point for those who do not have a clue where to begin. I'd recommend it for kids from 12 on up to an adult.
on May 1, 2015
My daughter said this book did not have enough steps. She found it frustrating and put it away without even fininshing one drawing.
on February 6, 2015
My kid loves drawing all kinds of things. She loves this book. I bought several other books in the same series for my kid.
on April 25, 2016
Not really what I was expecting. I wanted some instruction as I got this to use for homeschooling.
on December 12, 2014
I was a little disappointed in this book, plus when I returned it I was charged a restocking fee.
on June 28, 2016
grandson loves the assistance from the books to enhance his drawing