5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not super-thin, won't hold international currency
First, let me say that if you're looking for a solid, inexpensive wallet for US currency, this is a great choice!

I really wanted to like this wallet, especially given the price and the bad things I've read about Tyvek as a wallet material.

Published 6 months ago by Jeff Kletsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I was looking for, September 11, 2013
I suffer from fat wallet syndrome and have for awhile, having gone to counseling but to no avail. I even moved my wallet to my front pocket as my fat wallet was actually causing me problems with my lower back as I was no longer sitting on an even keel. My son-in-law uses a money clip style wallet and I looked at a few of those but reviewers noted that some weren't all that durable and often the money clip would come loose so I decided to look elsewhere. I stumbled across the Flowfold in my research and although it was a bit more expensive than some of the other thin options out-there I thought I might give it a try, although I hadn't yet bought it. I liked the idea that Flowfold repurposes sailcloth that might have blemishes, or is scrap or has been discontinued.

A week ago I stumbled across a Flowfold display in a store (not far from where Flowfolds are made on Peaks Island in Maine), and once I was able to handle the wallet in person I decided to give it a try, replacing a thin, but not thin enough leather wallet that my wife had bought for me earlier this year. I went with the more neutral colored Black Pearl although they had a selection of other colors. I looked at the tri-fold as well as their single pocket wallet but decided the billfold was what I needed. I've got 9 credit cards in it plus a couple of loyalty cards and some bills and it is half the size of the leather wallet with the same set of contents. Some may say that I still have a ways ago in dealing with my fat wallet syndrome giving the amount of stuff I've crammed in, but the first step is always the hardest they say! :)

It feels durable and I'm very pleased so far. I was a little concerned that the bills might not fit but US bills certainly do. From a durability standpoint I think the material it is made of will last well, although we'll see how well the stitching holds up over time (no anticipated problems but that is likely weaker than the billfold material itself). If I remember I'll update this review down the road once I've had the wallet longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes...This is the wallet you have been looking for, April 10, 2014
This review is from: Flowfold Men's Sailcloth Slim Front Pocket Bifold Billfold Wallet (Apparel)
I don't recommend much but this one...YES. Lightweight, slim in the pocket and durable. I have had many leather and cotton/poly wallets that eventually fall apart as everyone has but this is the real thing.. Get one and you will not be disappointed. Bonus - all vegan...if that matters as i know it does to some.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not super-thin, won't hold international currency, July 18, 2014
Jeff Kletsky (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews

If you're looking for a super-thin wallet, the Flowfold made a couple design errors, in my opinion. While the binding (black tape) is reasonable way to finish the edges, its use for the interior of the wallet makes it significantly thicker where it matters -- the central section. See those two credit-card slots on the inside? They way they are cut, you end up with the seams overlapping when closed so you get a double-thickness of that taping right over your cards, the thickest part of the wallet. Throw in the Flowfold label right in the middle, and it gets even thicker. It's not a "thick" wallet, but with the materials, they could have done a lot better.

Filled with my stuff, it is only ~4 mm thinner (24 mm vs. 20 mm) than the Mywalit "Zip Purse ID Holder" that I've been borrowing since my dog ate my Olbrish wallet. For comparison, the same contents are 16 mm thick in a Picharpak Hybrid Wallet in VX / Cuben.

The kicker for me is that it is too short to handle UK currency. The bill compartment is only 75 mm deep. That means a £20 note sticks out 5mm and a £50 note, 10 mm. While a 20 euro note just barely fits, you'll need to carefully tuck it in there, as deep as you can go.

If you are looking for a super-thin wallet with today's materials, or need to carry non-US currency, you might be better served by looking for other options, such as those that use
* Cuben (that is not a misspelling)
* Hybrid Cuben
* Dyneema or Dyneema X

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Posh and Modern, February 9, 2014
Philip Zamora (New York City, USA) - See all my reviews
I need to replace my wallet and I like a small wallet where i could put it into my front packet.
I saw this and have good reviews so I gave it a try. When I received it and started using it, it feels very light.
I am able to organize at least 6 cards (drivers license, credit cards, debit cards, gift cards) + 10 paper bills and it is not bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect for my needs and I'm very happy with it, July 22, 2014
I wanted a light weight, non-bulky wallet as I always carry my billfold in my front pocket. I needed enough space to carry the typical cards: credit, ATM, AAA, Insurance, Buyer's Clubs, etc. and cash bills. The leather Tri fold I had was over an inch thick, this Flowfold Slim is about 3/8ths inch, with the same contents and much less weight. It's well made and I think will last. I'm carrying 10 cards total now, counting the two window slots, and there's room for at least 2 more cards if needed. It's perfect for my needs and I'm very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Best Wallet Ever/, April 9, 2014
I researched wallets and this is the one which stood out. Very thin. Very light. Apparently very solid. Just what I needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Difference!, June 10, 2014
COMO (COLUMBIA, MO, US) - See all my reviews
Decided to go in a different direction from an oversized billfold that was having issues after a few years, to something minimalist. Search on Amazon brought up the Flowfold line. Went with the bifold in white. Have carried it for a week or better and so far am very pleased. Carries everything I need - IDs, insurance cards, few credit cards, loyalty cards; about eight in all. A few bills.

Except for washing it because it is so light (never done that before,ever), have had no issues. So light and small really don't notice it. Most pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good thin wallet for everyday use, August 31, 2014
ASH (Detroit, MI USA) - See all my reviews
If you really want a slim wallet, this is a good choice. I don't like to have a big, thick wallet in my back pocket, so I had been looking for a replacement to my current leather one, which is fading quickly. This is a good replacement, but the wallet is a bit stiff and takes a bit of getting used to for me, who has always had a leather wallet for many years. The material is stiff and slightly transparent as some other reviewers note, but I don't mind that so much. The quality is good and seems like it will take a good beating over time.

It does not hold much in terms of cards and has only 4 'slots' - 2 on each side. I just stuff 2-3 cards in each one, with my license in the last one and they seem to be holding in there nicely. I don't think that some complaints of cards falling out is really warranted, but that's my opinion.

The bill holder is fine, but won't hold too many bills - for those of you who carry a lot of cash on hand. It also will not hold larger sized notes very well - such as British pounds. It is too narrow or short for those.

All in all, I am pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars My butt thanks you, February 28, 2014
Brad Buffum (Lincoln, NE USA) - See all my reviews
This is the slimmest, most comfortable wallet I've ever owned. Why did I wait so long? It's stylish, see-through (mostly) and holds everything I need it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars best wallet, July 12, 2014
Best wallet I have ever owned. Fits great in the front pocket. So light I almost forget it is there. Easily holds 6 cards and cash. Great product.