Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Flowfold Vanguard Slim Front Pocket Bifold Wallet
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 11, 2013
I suffer from fat wallet syndrome and have for awhile, having gone to counseling but to no avail. I even moved my wallet to my front pocket as my fat wallet was actually causing me problems with my lower back as I was no longer sitting on an even keel. My son-in-law uses a money clip style wallet and I looked at a few of those but reviewers noted that some weren't all that durable and often the money clip would come loose so I decided to look elsewhere. I stumbled across the Flowfold in my research and although it was a bit more expensive than some of the other thin options out-there I thought I might give it a try, although I hadn't yet bought it. I liked the idea that Flowfold repurposes sailcloth that might have blemishes, or is scrap or has been discontinued.

A week ago I stumbled across a Flowfold display in a store (not far from where Flowfolds are made on Peaks Island in Maine), and once I was able to handle the wallet in person I decided to give it a try, replacing a thin, but not thin enough leather wallet that my wife had bought for me earlier this year. I went with the more neutral colored Black Pearl although they had a selection of other colors. I looked at the tri-fold as well as their single pocket wallet but decided the billfold was what I needed. I've got 9 credit cards in it plus a couple of loyalty cards and some bills and it is half the size of the leather wallet with the same set of contents. Some may say that I still have a ways ago in dealing with my fat wallet syndrome giving the amount of stuff I've crammed in, but the first step is always the hardest they say! :)

It feels durable and I'm very pleased so far. I was a little concerned that the bills might not fit but US bills certainly do. From a durability standpoint I think the material it is made of will last well, although we'll see how well the stitching holds up over time (no anticipated problems but that is likely weaker than the billfold material itself). If I remember I'll update this review down the road once I've had the wallet longer.
on July 18, 2014
First, let me say that if you're looking for a solid, inexpensive wallet for US currency, this is a great choice!

I really wanted to like this wallet, especially given the price and the bad things I've read about Tyvek as a wallet material.

If you're looking for a super-thin wallet, the Flowfold made a couple design errors, in my opinion. While the binding (black tape) is reasonable way to finish the edges, its use for the interior of the wallet makes it significantly thicker where it matters -- the central section. See those two credit-card slots on the inside? They way they are cut, you end up with the seams overlapping when closed so you get a double-thickness of that taping right over your cards, the thickest part of the wallet. Throw in the Flowfold label right in the middle, and it gets even thicker. It's not a "thick" wallet, but with the materials, they could have done a lot better.

Filled with my stuff, it is only ~4 mm thinner (24 mm vs. 20 mm) than the Mywalit "Zip Purse ID Holder" that I've been borrowing since my dog ate my Olbrish wallet. For comparison, the same contents are 16 mm thick in a Picharpak Hybrid Wallet in VX / Cuben.

The kicker for me is that it is too short to handle UK currency. The bill compartment is only 75 mm deep. That means a £20 note sticks out 5mm and a £50 note, 10 mm. While a 20 euro note just barely fits, you'll need to carefully tuck it in there, as deep as you can go.

If you are looking for a super-thin wallet with today's materials, or need to carry non-US currency, you might be better served by looking for other options, such as those that use
* Cuben (that is not a misspelling)
* Hybrid Cuben
* Dyneema or Dyneema X
on February 9, 2014
I need to replace my wallet and I like a small wallet where i could put it into my front packet.
I saw this and have good reviews so I gave it a try. When I received it and started using it, it feels very light.
I am able to organize at least 6 cards (drivers license, credit cards, debit cards, gift cards) + 10 paper bills and it is not bulky.
on July 22, 2014
I wanted a light weight, non-bulky wallet as I always carry my billfold in my front pocket. I needed enough space to carry the typical cards: credit, ATM, AAA, Insurance, Buyer's Clubs, etc. and cash bills. The leather Tri fold I had was over an inch thick, this Flowfold Slim is about 3/8ths inch, with the same contents and much less weight. It's well made and I think will last. I'm carrying 10 cards total now, counting the two window slots, and there's room for at least 2 more cards if needed. It's perfect for my needs and I'm very happy with it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 22, 2016
I bought this wallet specifically to use while on vacation. My everyday wallet is a Saddleback Leather ID wallet which is my favorite wallet I have ever used. The only downfall is that ID wallet isnt really made to carry cash. On our vacation we were going places I had to carry cash for. I began my search for a thin front pocket wallet.

Upon reading some forums, there was a mention of this wallet. I looked it over and thought I would give it a shot. I didnt really like the look of the wallet and thought it might feel cheap. When the wallet arrived, it really was the complete opposite of what I thought. It felt very well made and feels very durable. The wallet is the lightest wallet I have ever felt. There was no need for a break in and the wallet fold over flat easily. I had over 30 US bills of currency, and 7 credit cards and this wallet still closed and felt great in my front pocket. I am so happy that I found this wallet.

I still wish the wallet had a more solid color, but just found another listing that provides a solid color and will try that wallet out too. Its nice to be able to have a slim wallet when there is a need to carry cash. I would say the only negative bit on this wallet is that the cards do not hold really tight. It isnt like they will fall out because the wallet is a bifold, but its alot looser than I would like and I can see how a card could be lost if you werent careful.
on April 10, 2014
I don't recommend much but this one...YES. Lightweight, slim in the pocket and durable. I have had many leather and cotton/poly wallets that eventually fall apart as everyone has but this is the real thing.. Get one and you will not be disappointed. Bonus - all vegan...if that matters as i know it does to some.
on May 17, 2015
This wallet is amazing! Very thin, very light, and well made. All the stitched trim folds are welded at the edges to prevent fraying and splitting. I carry three credit cards on the left side and my drivers license, another license, and laminated credentials on the right side. A few bills and a grocery member key chain dongle in the bills area. The whole thing is maybe 5/16" at the widest point, just shy of where it folds in half. I definitely recommend this to people looking to slim down, or as a gift to your gadget loving friends.
on July 9, 2014
Fully loaded, this is thinner and lighter than the empty leather billfold it replaced. I have about 8 credit cards / IDs and 8 bills in the wallet and it could hold much more if required. It also has a certain "cool" factor being made of carbon fiber which should offset the concern some may have that it is not a traditional leather product. The wallet is too new to comment on its durability, but it certainly appears to be rugged. It would be nice if the corners were rounded, but this is not enough of an issue that I'd deduct a star. I would estimate that the wallet fully loaded is about half the thickness of the leather wallet it replaced with the same contents. This is a very noticeable difference, and makes it as convenient to carry in the front pocket as the back pocket.
on September 27, 2014
So thin! I replaced my mighty wallet with this and was looking for something nearly as thin...this is it! Great construction and material. I tried another that claimed it was thin, but how thin can leather be? Not very. I carry about 14 cards of various thickness, pills of cash (ha ha..right) and other random things. Another cool thing about not being leather is your condom ring won't show up ;-P. Just kidding, who uses those?! Just kidding. No really, protect each other out there. Oh, right... where was I? Great wallet! Get it, be a little bit happier with a purchase, I was.
on April 27, 2015
This thing is amazing. It takes a couple of weeks to break in and stay closed, but it's the best wallet I've ever owned. Extremely compact, and fits so easily in my pocket. I usually keep it in my front pocket (no bulging), but even in my back pocket, there's no discomfort when sitting down.