5.0 out of 5 stars Six years and still going strong
I ordered my Fluidity bar along with the three accompanying DVD's, ball & pump over SIX years ago through the Fluidity website. Since that time, I have used my bar consistently, both with the Fluidity DVD's and more recently with the Physique 57 DVD's. The bar is incredibly well-designed and solidly constructed. Not once have I felt it would collapse or wobble.
As...
Published on February 27, 2012 by Pheebie

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware...waste of money
Published 22 months ago by Judy

5.0 out of 5 stars Six years and still going strong, February 27, 2012
Pheebie "pheebie" (Kenner, LA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
As for the Fluditiy DVD's, I adore Michelle's calm and encouraging demeanor and the background music is soft and inobtrusive, which is a welcome change from some DVD's I've used in the past.

I've been active all my life and until discovering Fluidity and other barre-based workouts, I had done "traditional" workouts, including jogging and strength training with free weights and machines, isolating particular muscles or muscle groups. Talk about time-consuming. The beautiful thing about Fluidity is that it works your body naturally with integrated movements. Not only does this make sense physiologically, but it saves time! In 30 or 40 minutes, you've worked ALL of your muscles, even the tiny ones you don't realize are working, thereby creating a long, lean, feminine, dancer's body. Upon completing a workout, you'll feel stronger and healthier, not exhausted or run down. What's more, you're also improving your posture, increasing bone density and strengthening your joints. This is one of the BEST fitness innovations on the market - truly ground-breaking and effective.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware...waste of money, March 19, 2013
Judy (Anchorage, Alaska United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
I ordered this after seeing an infomercial and checking their web site. A chat window opens almost immediately and I asked several questions. I was assured that someone my age would be able to use it because a 75 yr old woman (older than me)was using it successfully. When I got the bar I found I was not able to use it. It is nearly impossible to watch the DVD from many of the positions. Although the bar was very heavy it was not as sturdy as I would expect. I weigh a lot less than the max weight recommended and found that I could lift the bar off the floor when I tried some of the exercises where the bar was supposed to stay put and anchor me solidly. I contacted Fluidity about returning it and after a bit of a run around got a return authorization number and address. I was aware that I had to pay for the return postage. I was very unhappy to learn that I could not return it to the west coast facility closer to my home from which it came to me but had to ship it across the country to the east coast at a cost of $142.28 (the cheapest method). It arrived at the east coast warehouse which failed to notify the billing offices and so one month after they had received it I found a charge on my credit card for the next payment. I called the 800 number and was told I would receive a refund on my credit card. I will be watching for that. Buyer beware...unless you live in the Pennsylvania area you will be gouged for the shipping which you will not receive back. I chose to spend the $142 because it was cheaper than the $500 I owed them. Expensive lesson learned. I also find it telling that the Fluidity web site allows success story reviews but has no way to register other reviews. Another lesson learned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do all the same moves for a fraction of the cost, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
You could do pretty much everything with the bar with a stable indoor step ladder, and include even more movements at different angles using the front and back of the ladder. PLUS then you can use it as a ladder! Here's one for $42: Cosco 11 880PBLW2 Platinum Platform 3 Step
Add a yoga mat to it, and it's almost the same. Pay even less for a 2-step stool step ladder, and it's exactly the same. The band they include with it costs less than $1. The ball is $10. The videos for Fluidity are on YouTube for free.
If you want something more stable than either Fluidity or the ladder (many people have said Fluidity tips over easily), you can attach a bar to your wall for less than $30. Or you can drape ankle weights over the base of the ladder for more stability if you don't have a wall you can drill into.
If you can't afford a ladder, try using the back of a chair.
There is no reason to spend money to get in shape. People have been in great shape for free for thousands of years.
If you're still hell-bent on buying the Fluidity itself, check craigslist, there are tons of them, some for $100 or less. But consider why that is before you go out of your way to buy one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Defective Customer Service, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
Fluidity machine arrived on time and as described but with a torn fabric cover and a DVD that does not work on any of my players or computers. Tried to contact Fluidity through their "Customer Service" information on their receipt and web page but got NO response at all. Sent a message to Amazon and almost immediately got an email from Fluidity that the damaged and defective parts would be replaced. THREE weeks later...Nothing. Another email to Fluidity and another NO RESPONSE. I am now filing a claim through Amazon and writing this review to warn others.

5.0 out of 5 stars No buyer's remorse!!!, April 26, 2013
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
Okay...I was so afraid I may have made a big mistake, but after my first workout, I can relax. This was a lot of money for me! I'm a very young fifty two with a solid lifetime of fitness, but now with bad knees, and overall worsening condition, I decided to go for this. The on,y way I've been able to enjoy s challenging workout in my fifties so far was with an elite trainer. He got me into shape, but at a cost I cannot afford. I hate putting on gym shoes and going to the gym,not knowing who I may see there, afraid to do free weights alone, and just plain annoyed by constant adjustment and clanking of the machines. I just did the workout for the first time, I feel fantastic, relaxed and limber....although I'm not wiped out, I know that I can control the intensity of the workout as I learn the moves.

Bar...fantastic quality. Solid all the way. Assembly...just unfold it and look at it for about two minutes....you'll see how it sets up...just pull up the bar and lock in the hinge. Height adjustment easy and solid. I was worried about this part, but it is really well engineered. Smell...horrible, but after 16 hours out, it was fine. Video...watch first. Moves...simple, small. Instructor..even keeled and not annoying. Quiet and simple. I don't follow along well, and this was so easy for me.

For someone with joint issues, this is a perfect way to work out...you've got your friend the fluidity bar to support you. I've decided to leave my bar out without the mat extended so I can do some dips, plies or squats whenever the mood strikes or during commercials. If you have problems with your DVDs or like added portability, the workouts are all on YouTube. With an iPad, you have added instructor portability at way. Search fluidity workout on YouTube and you can see the actual workouts to see if they are something you would like.

Well, I'm happy because I just know this is something I will use. I had a bad feeling about my Pilates reformer the first time I used it. The workout just seemed so somber and onerous. I knew I would have to either admit to my former husband that I'd made a big mistake and send the huge thing back, or let it sit there as a constant reminder of my bad decision. Even though this was a huge investment for me, I don't have that feeling at all. I'm happy and at peace with my decision. I will update in a month. From my preliminary assessment, I think that this should be done every other day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Challenging workout, but videos become repetitive, May 10, 2010
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
Fortunately a family member gave me a Fluidity Bar including the 3 DVDs it ships with, so I didn't have to spend 250.00 on something that now mostly collects dust.

I like the idea of this workout very much as I have done yoga on and off for years now and I'm pretty flexible which certainly helps.
While it is sometimes difficult to crane your neck trying to watch the videos and duplicate the movements using the bar, it got easier as I memorized the routines and I no longer really needed to look at the TV, I just followed Michele's voice prompts. But this is where I ran into a problem. I began to get bored doing the same routines.

The videos offer good instruction with varying levels of difficulty, but the music is uninspiring and gets repetitive. I found it difficult to stay motivated to do this same workout the 3 times a week that is suggested to really see any results.

This is not to say the workout is not challenging, it very much is. Especially the abdominal exercises, I found I could barely do a few reps so I do realize how very out of shape I am. If I could stay motivated I'm betting it would do a good job of transforming the body.
After doing some reading I learned Michele teaches this workout at NYC gyms, and if I could do this workout live with other people where the routine would be varied somewhat, I could see myself enjoying it much, much more and sticking with it.

It could just be that I got this product slightly used, but the bar itself is a little wobbly. Also if you use it on carpet the mat will slide a little bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fluidity is Challenging and Effective; makes you stretch and sweat!, July 24, 2011
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
In order to lose weight, I started doing lots of cardio such as swimming and running stairs. The pounds did fall off, but they appeared again about 2 weeks later when I gave myself a cardio break. I did my research and found out that even though I lost some fat, I also lost muscle mass. Building lean muscle mass with strengthening exercises 3-4x/wk, and then adding cardio 3x/wk to your routine, is the best way to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF in the long run! Eating 5-6 small, balanced meals throughout the day is also essential, because your body is burning calories when it's digesting food. Since I'm smaller and slightly flexible, I started with the beginners/intermediate DVD's the first week, but I feel more challenged with the advanced workout and do that every other day. The bar is easy to store, the ball and bands come included, and the DVD's are enjoyable to watch-nobody shouting at you from your screen!

Michelle has an amazing personality and a soothing, calm demeanor but she pushes you to the top. I love how each move is done for a maximum of 20 counts and changes to something else, so you don't get bored. She transitions quickly from one body part to another, working each to exhaustion, and shortly stretching after each move for maximum strength and flexibility gains. The ab exercises are too tough for me to complete, so I do my own variation with the core ball tucked underneath my lower back, instead of between the knees, and follow her lead. After doing the same workout 15 times already, I am starting to get antsy to view a new routine. No problem! On the Fluidity website, you can order new DVD's, like the ones she does in her classes, and you also have the option of having a new one shipped to your door automatically every month for $19.95.

Here's a workout tip my friend, a fitness instructor and yoga teacher, gave me: Before doing the workout, do some quick cardio for about 10 minutes to get your heartbeat up and your body into fat-burning zone. I do this by dancing intensely to my favourite music videos, and quickly press the "play" button on my Fluidity workout. My body is getting stronger, more toned, and more flexible, and I'm having fun at the same time. I love this unique workout!

5.0 out of 5 stars I will stick with this one!, June 6, 2013
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
I ordered this system off of an infomercial. Usually I end up regretting those purchases. However, this is one that I am so happy that I made! The bar is very sturdy and folds compactly to store under my bed. It was also a breeze to set up! I have sciatica and I have no problems getting this out from underneath my bed every morning and storing it there again after my workout.
As for the workout, I found the beginner to be just a tad too easy for me. I did the beginner segment the first night. It wasn't hard at all. I did break a sweat, but just lightly. The following morning I did the intermediate workout and realized that none of the movements are strenuous. Then I realized...that's the beauty of the program! And to my surprise, I was so sore the next two days so it definitely does work!
This workout was definitely refreshing. I cannot stand a workout that has you jumping around and putting unnecessary stress on your joints. It seems like a lot of money, but having this system and seeing results to me is worth it. I dont have to go to the gym. This addresses all my needs and keepsme at home!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good.., April 8, 2013
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
I've only done the workout a few times but here are my thoughts so far -
First to note - I'm 51 and weigh 250 pounds.
Easy to set up. I appreciated that I could easily unpack it and start using it.
Recommendation - Don't skip the intro section. While it didn't contain a lot of information, it did provide some definition of terms she uses.
Pros - Bar is very sturdy. No slipping on carpet surface.
Moves and stores easily.
I like the multiple levels. In the beginner section, some exercises I had to do the beginner move but some I was able to do the intermediate.
I feel I'll be able to use this program for a long time, increasing the difficulty as I get stronger.

Cons -
She moves very quickly from move to move. So the first time through it was frustrating to follow her.
She often doesn't give you time to get into position for the move before she starts. Again, very frustrating when first starting.
Still trying to find the right angle to work the bar and view the dvd. That is getting easier as I get more familiar with each move and what comes next.
It would have been nice if the intro section had maybe included some more of the basic moves and suggestions about foot, leg, etc placement. I spent a lot of time at first trying to figure out what move she was doing - pulse leg up? pulse leg/thigh sideways?
The next time she films one of these I hope she wears less shear tights.

Overall, I think the equipment is great and I look forward to using it more. Don't let the dvd presentation frustrate you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long time user is now back on track, January 6, 2012
This review is from: Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre (Misc.)
I originally bought this program probably 5 years ago and found it was exactly what I needed. I was running/walking but not getting strength/stretch training. The concept of using your own body weight for weight-training, combined with increased flexibility is perfect for most women who want to get trim and stay trim. I had fallen off the wagon and hadn't used the program for quite awhile for no good reason that I can come up with. Now, I'm back on it and bought another bar through Amazon (refurbished so saved some money!) to use in another location I visit a lot. It was shipped far more quickly than I anticipated so was pleasantly surprised. I recommend that you use the program every day if you can squeeze in the time. I think the stretching part is so important as is the positioning of the body as you do the exercises. The exercises initially look easy but, once you push yourself to use the correct positioning, the exercises are really fairly hard. Having not done the exercises for awhile, it was nice to have 3 levels to choose from so I could break back into the routine. While this program works for all ages, I think it is particularly important for middle-aged women who are losing flexibility as they get a bit older. This program really helps and is a good alternative to (or supplement to) yoga.

Fluidity Fitness Exercise Barre