Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fluke 115 Compact True-RMS Digital Multimeter
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Style Name: Digital multimeter|Change

on April 23, 2008
I too, replaced several old Craftsman meters with this one. I should have gone with Fluke several years ago: Accurate, simple, and 'does everything' including measure capacitance. Also, the DC ma range can handle all the way from 200ma to 1A, while most can't handle above 200ma which is a range I need. This is the one to own.

July 2016 update: this meter is still going strong. I have blown the (big) fuse a couple of times due to (stupidly) turning the dial with the probes connected to voltage. But it sailed on and works perfectly after 8 years. Never had a cheaper meter do that.....
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 29, 2009
I'm not married to any particular brand of meter, but every time I trust Fluke I am pleased. This meter looks cool. It feels right in the hand. It is incredibly simple to use, and very accurate.

I pitted this meter against reference standard equipment, and the unit was dead on on everything. It's a pleasure to pull something out of the box, and have it be dead nuts on every time.

I might have gotten an exceptional sample, but the unit I own is very accurate. This meter is a general electrical testing device. It is a logical alternative wherever a general purpose portable meter would be used.

I like the white back light, and the yellow holster. The labeling makes good common sense. The meter is well protected against overloads. In case you forget to turn the dial to 'A', and then feed current into the meter, or you do switch the dial to 'A', but forget to switch the lead to amps, the meter tells you.
88 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 31, 2008
For a few years now, I have been running a small business repairing electronic pinball machines. A digital meter is essential for checking the various components, voltages and circuits. I was using a less expensive Craftsman meter that worked fine for me but wanted something smaller. I tried another Craftsman, but it just did not make me feel confident in its readings.

So I bit the bullet to purchase this "over $100" unit and have no regrets. The feel of this meter was just right in my hand. The readings felt much more solid/consistent. For example, the window not only shows a number, but a scaling line which made comparing voltages quicker.

I already had some experience with the various settings, but using this meter made it exciting to explore some of the other settings that I never used. I feel like I am advancing my skill set which is always a satisfying experience. There also seems to be a little sense of pride when using a more professional product. This model is on the low side of their product line, but I feel like I graduated to the best.
11 comment| 95 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 10, 2010
This meter is quite amazing... Ive always heard good things about fluke and have finally bought one. The last meter I have owned was a snap on meter which retailed around the same price. The 115 completely outperformed the snap on meter though. The refresh rate is much faster.. The gauge bar at the bottom is more smooth and flowing than the snap on meter. It has a very bright backlight which comes handy anytime your working on a car (which suprises me why the snap on one didnt have one). Then theres the feel.. The fluke sits in your hand perfectly and you can rotate between the settings with your thumb instead of dropping everything your holding just to switch it over. The meter also comes with lead holders on its backside which makes it easy to store.
on May 11, 2012
The test leads this comes with don't work with any of the adapters (alligator clips, etc.) Fluke sells. Instead, you have to buy a new set of test leads for them. Deceptive practice in my opinion.

The multimeter works great and the quality is wonderful, but I just wish they would sell a turn key package instead of trying to nickel and dime you.
on January 30, 2011
It's a shame that a company like Fluke haven't latched onto the advances in levels of twist for LCD displays such as FSTN; the display on the 115, while readable, has me moving the meter around to be able to clearly see the numbers.

Other than that minor irritation, the meter functionality is awesome.
on October 4, 2010
I'm not an electrician, but consider myself very handy around home wiring and electronics. After owning and using several types and brands of analog & digital multimeters, I've had my disappointment's over the past 30 years. From poor designs, useless features and unreliable readings to hard to read displays, shorted controls and general fair construction, I seemed to have a lot of trouble trusting multimeters!

However, having experienced quality Pro Multimeter products from my work environment, I was always impressed with the Fluke brand. Accurate, durable, and hosting usable feature sets, I could only fault their asking price...too high to justify my simpler homeowner needs.

Now, Fluke has come out with a professional line of compact multimeters that offers the same reliability and quality of their advanced top-of-the-line units, but on a homeowner's value minded budget. My Fluke 115 Field service Tech Multimeter has just the feature sets I need and wanted for around the home...East-To See large crystal clear white LED backlight readout screen, Min\Max\Average memory data points, Cat III 600 Volt safety rating, High Quality test leads and a Very Durable holster case and stand! Lets see, what have I left out...Oh Yea, it works Flawlessly!!

For me, this should be my final multimeter purchase...A Great Performing Product at a Great Price!
on May 16, 2015
Works like a charm. Well worth the price. Was well packaged and arrived as expected no problems. Nothing better than fluke if your looking for accurate readings then using those cheap meters. Little on the pricey side but it's excited since your getting a true RMS METER.
review image review image
on September 3, 2009
Hi I use this meter on the shop everyday many times I left on and after few minutes turn off itself, read quickly with accuracy well I think is an excellent option the last multimeter Fluke-77 I bought still working after 25 years sometimes give a little trouble with rotary switch but remain at the workbench.
Is an excellent option
Gabriel de la Torre Rivera
on January 10, 2011
As for True RMS DMM's go, Fluke is simply the best. I've been using a Fluke 81438 ( basically the older model of the 115) from 2004 to present in the field of mobile install. It's seen the inside of literately thousands of cars/trucks and still holds up like a tank. The only reason I replaced it with the 115 is because the selector on the 81438 finally broke. I was able to fix it and still use it BTW but I figured id go ahead and treat my self to a new DMM. So far the coolest upgrades the 115 has over my last Fluke is the ability to move the selector easily with one hand and the Backlit screen, very handy. Also, you can now change out the battery with out removing the entire casing. Not that changing out the 9v happened that often, a welcome improvement non the less. The 115 feels like it was build with the same quality as my old fluke and have no doubt ill be getting at least another 7+ years out of this one.