Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on December 9, 2015
I purchased a 6 pound container of this last time and it started to smell funky after a while so I decided to go with the smaller bottle so it will stay fresh. Crickets seem to enjoy the food and of course it is to fatten them up so the chameleon can get better nourishment from them. I like the Flukers brand better than others I have tried ( because the crickets get excited about eating it when they get to my house. I guess the crickets would be the best ones to give the review but they aren't answering.

I recommend this product and will continue to buy it.
on June 27, 2013
This stuff is nutritional, but crickets are constant chewers and just don't seem to find the stuff very fascinating. I throw some in and it sort of becomes my cricket bedding. I figure they are always in it, that some must get ingested, and a Beardie can almost never have too much calcium.
I have been using leftover greens and Fluker's Bearded Dragon Diet, as well as Fluker's Cricket Hydrator as my gut-loading materials.

As well, when I'm cleaning my Cricket Keeper, the stuff seems to crust and gunk on the bottom of the Keeper.
on October 30, 2015
This is the best stuff for gutload. I have 2 veiled chameleons and 5 leopard geckos that are fed crickets loaded with this and my babies are perfectly healthy. The ONLY reason I didn't give this 5 stars is because it's overpriced on here. You can get the same size jar for $3.99 at petco or any other pet store. The price here ranges from $5.50-$11.
on March 17, 2015
I CHOOSE THIS PRODUCT OVER THOSE GREEN CUBES PET STORES FEED CRICKETS , I HAVE LOST MANY FROGS DUE TO PET STORE CRICKETS, SO I CATCH MY OWN AND FEED THEM FLUKERS CRICKET FEED WITH SOME ADDITIONAL FRUIT AND VEGGIE SCRAPS AND SINCE THEN I HAVEN'T HAD ANY FROGS SICK OR DIE ! THIS CONTAINER HAS LASTED ME OVER 1 YEAR !
on March 30, 2014
Sprinkle the bottom of the cage and you are done. I had been "dusting" the crickets. Putting them in a separate container and dusting them with vitamins before putting into reptile cage. Messy and it killed some of the crickets. This is so much easier
My only complaint is that this container which is the size of a jar of peanut butter was delivered in a huge box ! Not a very efficient use of cardboard.
on July 15, 2014
Flukers is the only cricket feed I use !!! It was good enough for my cousin in 1998, it is still good enough for me !! LOL NO really it is exactly what it says it is.... HI Calcium. I have fed it to crickets to be fed to my geckos and turtles for..for....... Wow most of twenty years!
on February 21, 2014
I have been using a cricket cube diet by Fluker's but it often gets maggots and they don't really seem to gobble it up. My crickets eat this up almost faster than I can pour it. Very clean and easy to use daily.
on February 22, 2009
I have been Breeding and rasing my own crickets for over 2 years and i have gone through alot of cricket feed products. My personal favorite is the Flukers cricket feed. It seems to me that the crickets live quite a bit longer when on this diet and seem alot healthier. The crickets need no help locating and eating the food and the high calcium in it make them a great gut load for your reptile.
on April 10, 2012
I ordered this product based on some recommendations from breeders/owners. Half of my crickets were dead the next day. They had appropriate water and supposedly this should be enough to keep them alive for at least a couple days; since everything I read talked about gut-loading for at least 24 hours with this product. I thought maybe it was a fluke (oh so punny!), so I purchased another batch of crickets and the same thing happened. I cleaned out the keeper and I switched to the orange cubes, which I "float" in the SoBe caps I use for the water dishes -- keeps crickets from drowning and keeps the cubes moist, and haven't had any problems since I started keeping the Hi Calcium product OUT of the keeper. Perhaps I have a bum batch? At any rate, I have an entire jar of this product with no intentions of using it again. I'll stick to the cubes.
on October 22, 2013
I bought the 6lb jug of this stuff some time ago, and have long forgotten the price. It is a fine food. I go to buy it again, find it on Amazon, and it's 10.99. I'm in. So I'm shopping for other things, come back, and find one for $8.09. Cool! Nowhere obvious does it say it's the 13oz size. Oh no...for that into you have to dig into the freaking shipping dimensions. Why would I need to know how much the container holds, right?

Why the heck would I assume I could get 6lbs for $11 and 13oz would cost $8????????? Less than 20% of the volume for almost 77% of the price????? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

I don't know who is responsible for this, but this is freaking chicken meal. Charging someone $8 for less than a pound is highway robbery.