5.0 out of 5 stars Charming pony, wise tale
What a beautiful creature. I grew up reading and rereading Flutterby. The story, however, didn't hit home until much later: who you are is who you are, and that's all that matters.
Published on December 19, 2005 by Liz It Is

2.0 out of 5 stars The book itself is just fine. Great story
The book itself is just fine. Great story. The seller shipped it to us sandwiched between two pieces of paper, virtually unprotected. It is a thin paperback and was pretty mangled when it got to us.
Published 2 months ago by Jenagain

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming pony, wise tale, December 19, 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet variation of The Ugly Duckling, May 17, 2006
This is a great little book for elementary school girls who like fantasy. It's about accepting yourself and realizing that you don't need to be just like other people you meet to be a valuable person.

Flutterby the tiny pegasus hatches from a cocoon and sets out to figure out what she is. After she makes funny but failed attempts to blend in with a beehive and an ant colony, a wise butterfly shows Flutterby her reflection in a puddle.

If you considered getting "Stellaluna", but the mother-loss angle bothered you, this is a very good substitute.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have in the series!, April 14, 2004
E. J Pine "ami_quinton" (Bogota, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Flutterby is the enchanting tale (as all Serendipity books are) of a small pegasus set on discovering what she is. Her hilarious antics would leave anyone smiling. For collectors, this is a must have, by far. The artwork is astounding, but nothing less is expected from Robin James!

5.0 out of 5 stars one of my fave books of all time, May 27, 2010
I actually bought several Serendipity books to send to my niece in Oregon. I'd read some of them as a child (and admittedly still read them occasionally now), but never this one (I don't think). I read it as soon as it arrived, and I have to say, it is wonderful. The Serendipity series is something that you should keep forever, and read every now and again. It really does explain, simplify, and drive home many things that even we as adults struggle to grasp. This book actually makes me cry--not because it's sad, but because it is so wonderful. Every time I read it I feel like I belong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome series for children of all ages !!!, April 19, 2009
The 1st time I purchased this book was back in 1981 for my then 2 y.o. daughter. She grew up with that book (and many others of course) but this one had a timeless moral: "Just be who you are!" This time is for my 20 month old grand-daughter and I can't wait until she understands the moral.

As for the seller, I received it in days rather than the weeks it was promised and the condition was better than "used". All around an excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flutterby, August 10, 2007
I love this book. My grandmother bought it for me (hard cover version)when I was little & I still have it. It is about a very tiny winged horse named Flutterby who does not know what she is. As she tries to figure out who/what she is she tries to be a bee and later an ant. At the end a butterfly shows her her reflection and tells her that she is unique and that she should just be herself. I think this is a great story for any child to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favorite books as a kid, December 17, 2009
I used to read this book over and over when I was a kid. It's one of the ones I remember the best from when I was a new reader. I really liked the story and the super cute illusrations. Like most little girls, I had a thing for horses. What kind of little girl wouldn't love a story about a teeny tiny horse with wings? I also like that the Stephen Cosgrove books all have a moral to the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book thrilled me., July 3, 2008
I loved this book as a little girl, and read it again when I found it while helping my parents move. When I read the first page aloud to myself the words felt familiar. The writing is more beautiful than most picture books intended for young children, not "speaking down" to them. Of course I also loved the pictures and the fact that the story is about a tiny flying horse.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, March 20, 2014
This review is from: Flutterby (Hardcover)
arrived very quickly and in great condition. my grandchild loves the story and I will continue to search for more serendipity series books.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, November 25, 2013
I remember reading these books when I was younger. I bought this for my niece and my daughter and they both love it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Flutterby
Flutterby by Stephen Cosgrove (Hardcover - Mar. 1981)
Used & New from: $2.45