The Fluval Spec is the ideal two gallon glass desktop aquarium that combines style and functionality into one small package. Its integrated 3-stage filtration and powerful LED lighting exceeds one’s expectation from an aquarium this size.
The unique Nano design features a frosted glass background that conceals the integrated filtration system, where the powerful circulation pump pumps 40 gallons per hour. It is also designed with brushed aluminum edges and a plastic cover. Although small in stature the Fluval Spec Aquarium is big on features, including the oversized 3-stage filtration with removal handle for easy maintenance that comes with the aquarium:
Porous foam block traps large particles and debris
Activated carbon adsorbs unwanted odors, discolorations and impurities
BIOMAX insert provides optimal colonization of beneficial bacteria and enhances the nitrification of fish wastes.
In addition, The Fluval Spec features a sleek, round pendant of LED lights, which puts out a pleasant full spectrum natural daylight, ideal for growing small plants. The Spec includes a powerful LED light fixture that includes 31 LED lights conveniently located above the aquarium to provide brilliant illumination for plants, fish and décor with a convenient on/off switch.
Fluval Spec is the smallest of our Nano aquariums and can be used to provide a cozy home to smaller fish and to create beautiful plant displays. The addition of a few decorative aquatic snails adds interest as well and they help keep the aquarium free of algae. The Fluval Spec is the perfect aquarium to keep your office desk or small nook in your house filled with simple but beautiful décor.
The Fluval Spec Aquarium makes an ideal gift for those who want to have the beauty of an aquarium without having an abundance of fish life. The Fluval Spec is a great fish tank for one or two smaller fish and also provides the perfect home for aquatic plant life. The possibilities are endless in the Spec and it is an aquarium that truly allows you to get your feet wet with designing an aquatic world. It comes with everything you need to get your aquatic home started.
What’s In The Box
• Two gallon glass aquarium with molded cover
• LED light unit
• Circulation pump 40 GPH with output nozzle
• Foam filter block
• Activated carbon insert
• BIOMAX insert
• Safe, low voltage transformer
• Adjustable flow control
Maintaining your aquarium
To ensure the well-being of aquarium inhabitants, it is essential to maintain your aquarium. At the very minimum, remove 20% of the water once a week and replace with tap water that is of similar temperature to your tank and treated with the correct dose of Nutrafin Aqua Plus. Note: Regular replacement of Fluval filter media is essential to ensure optimum performance.
The filter media should be changed alternately in order to maintain continuous biological activity. To enhance bacterial action, pour a dose of Nutrafin Cycle onto your filter inserts each time you change the media.
Installing your aquarium
1. Thoroughly rinse the aquarium, cover and filter media, using fresh water and a damp cloth. Never use soap on any component placed in your aquarium as soap is harmful to fish. Note: Place aquarium on a level, sturdy surface; away from any electrical equipment, direct sunlight, drafts, heat sources or high traffic areas.
2. Position filters media pump and outlet.
3. Using the Allen key, secure light unit into aquarium.
4. When filling aquarium with water, add the correct doses of Nutrafin Aqua Plus, tap water conditioner and Nutrafin Cycle, a biological aquarium supplement (sold separately) Note: Consult with your fish dealer for proper species and fish stocking levels.