Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc DJ Shadow Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 20, 2007
Ahhh, the ridicule I get for writing a few pogo stick reviews... but these things really are fun.

I find that the best pogo stick reviews and discussions can be found at the xpogo website forum. You'll find comments from people who have tested all the pogo sticks and provided honest, critical feedback. So take a look at recent reviews at xpogo before buying any pogo stick.

I own a Flybar 1200, which I love (See my review). If I was in the market for another pogo stick, I'd check out Vurtego, Motostik, and Power Pogo products, among others.

At xpogo, there's a long thread on the Flybar 800, with reasonable reviews starting around Sept 20, 2006. The 800 seems to be great if you are under 120-135 Lbs. I'm a bit over that, which means that it isn't for me, unfortunately. The 800 is smaller and lighter than the Flybar 1200, which reportedly makes it more controllable. There was a problem with surgical-tubing-like bands ("thrusters") breaking which may be under control. Flybar (SBI) offers remarkably good customer service, so they are likely to address any problems you have.

Keep in mind that pogo sticks have changed since the old days. The new technologies are actually kind've interesting. The Motostik has a spring, and is reminiscent of the Master and GG sticks of the old days. It is pretty quiet, which might be a plus. The FB 1200 and 800 use elastomere "thrusters" that provide a sling-shot like bounce. The Vurtego and Power Pogo products feel a bit like a rubber ball bouncing. You adjust them as if you were inflating a ball. So if you want to drop big $$ on a pogo stick, take a look at what is out there. There's a very, very good chance you'll choose a Flybar, but be aware of your options.

I think that a pogo stick renaissance is just around the corner. And, I think it might be good for kids to bounce around on these things because all those heel strikes might affect calcium levels and actually strengthen bones. There's research linking heel strikes to calcium levels and bone strength. If these results hold up, then the pogo sticking as a child and teen may offer lifelong health benefits.
on April 16, 2009
My son saved his allowance and did extra work so that he could purchase this. When finally he saved enough, we ordered and he loved it immediately. It does bounce very high (but not scary high)and the ride seems smooth. He wanted me to write a very positive review the very next day so that everyone would know what a great product it was.

However, within two days a thruster broke. We contacted the manufacturer who gladly replaced it with not only one thruster but TWELVE. Wow, I thought, how generous. It quickly became apparent why they sent so many out--they break very, VERY easily. At least six of ours have broken in less than a month. At this rate the life expectancy of this pogo stick is extremely limited, and we are very disappointed.

This product is fun for a day, and then it starts to break. Not worth the $200.
on September 18, 2006
State-of-the-art technology and years of research have led to the Flybar 800, an ultra-high performance pogo stick / trampoline hybrid.

Having managed the Flybar Demo Team for the past year, I thought I would give you a preview of the newly released Flybar 800. Our team has gotten to know the product line and its potential very well, as we have been bouncing on the Flybar 1200 for almost two years now and have had the opportunity to test the Flybar 800 over the past few months. The team loves the 1200 for its smooth bounce and big air potential, so we were excited to see the same technology made available for our smaller, younger team members.

When Flybar handed us the first product sample of the Flybar 800, we were blown away. Not only did the Flybar 800 bring the smooth bounce and durability we loved in the Flybar 1200, its reduced form factor allowed younger and smaller riders to `enjoy the view'. The flagship Flybar 1200 will still be the preferred stick for adults and advanced jumpers, with a suggested weight range of 120 - 250 lbs. But the Flybar 800 is smaller than the 1200, and has the same adjustability features of its predecessor (the spring tension and the pedal height are easily adjustable to accommodate rider weight and skill level) This makes it the ideal entry-level high-performance pogo for younger male riders and women of all ages. We have had 12 year old kids and their parents bouncing side by side on the Flybar 800, which has a weight capacity of 80-180 pounds.

Ever since the release of the Flybar 1200, the most common request was for a Flybar that would be better suited for riders that weighed less than 120 lbs., which is exactly what the 800 delivers. It has been great to see the Flybar 800 reach new people. Grinds, drops, and backflips are becoming routine for our most advanced jumpers, but even novices are taking to the 800. The fitness arena has embraced the Flybar 800 as a novel way of getting in shape. The approachability and low impact jump make the Flybar 800 an addictive cardio or aerobic workout, available now for the first time to women who were too small to effectively operate the Flybar 1200.

What impresses me is that the Flybar 800 exceeds all expectations and abuse from our demo team, yet is so user friendly that a 12 year old and their parent can pick it up and be bouncing together in minutes. The Flybar 800 lives up to the high standard set by the Flybar 1200, packing innovative technology into a smaller unit. A versatile toy that the whole family can enjoy- you won't be disappointed.
on January 5, 2007
Great pogo stick. bought for child that is 14. Lots of fun and great workout. Goes about 4 feet so need to be careful they will get hurt at times but no more than bike or skateboard. company customer service is great. Called up because rubber cap on pogo stick was coming apart. They sent me overnight new cap and nice t shirt for the trouble. Cannot beat that. Most warranty places put you through the ringer. Great stick and a lot of fun. By the way it looks good to.
on December 17, 2006
I recently purchased the flybar 800 and was blown away by its durability and its strength. I"ll admit that i handle products very roughly however, i haven't had a single problem. I am a skateboarder so naturally i want to do tricks on it. From backflips to barspins you name it. The flybar 800 can do it all. In fact i like the flybar 800 even more than it's companion the flybar 1200. The flybar 800 is lighter, smaller, and quieter. But dont get me wrong i reccomend both. Do not get this product for children under the age of 10 because it can be quite dangerous. SO use it respectfully and responsibly!
on November 10, 2006
My three sons and I saw these pogos demonstrated at the Cleveland X Games a couple years ago. We could not beleive what we saw. This is unlike any pogo stick you have ever seen. For the money, it's a tremendous value, and their customer service is the best I have come across. They also make a high(er) octane version called the Flybar 1200 which supports larger riders. For adults (yes, adults will love this thing!)or kids this is a "must have" this Christmas. My youngest son can't wait for their next model (Flybar 400) due in '07 I believe...An absolute, 100%, thumbs-up! Jim Woods, Akron, Ohio
on February 16, 2008
this thing is awesome! I can go about 4 feet on it with only 6 bands engaged. If you want a great pogo stick that goes way higher than the others, then you should definitely buy this one.
on November 22, 2015
Remember back when you were a kid 4 feet tall, and feeling like you were on the way to the moon, the first time you got on a pogo-stick? That's how I felt as a 46 year old, 180 pound man, an hour after my Flybar came in the mail.
I like tough looking stuff. I like Allen-Head bolts, fabricated aluminum aircraft parts and rugged design. This has it all. The first thing I noticed about the Flybar pogo stick is its weight. It weighs in heavy. It doesn't feel like a toy, but rather like a piece of machinery you need to treat with a bit of respect.
When I hopped up on it, it felt like I was standing on a stiff trampoline. I idled a bit kicking off short, 6" bounces, getting a feel for it. Again the weight of it felt solid, and its momentum contributed to the ride. I had only engaged six of the 12 power bands and had the stroke setting of the main rod at mid point.
I took a few more tentative hops and then went for it. You could literally feel the Flybar 1200 crouch and gather up all that potential energy before releasing and hurling you skyward. It makes an authoritative "Kah-WHUMP Kah-WHUMP Kah-WHUMP" with each jump. Dogs bark. Cars slow down and drivers gape as they drive by.
My feet are easily 3 feet above grade when I start to bottom out. A quick pit-stop and two adjustments later using the custom tool that comes with the flybar , I am back on it again. This time with 8 power bands engaged and another 6 inches of stroke available. It feels scary getting back on it with the extra height and initial resistance. I start off easy. Real easy. "Kwump,kwump,kwump,kwump" I look straight ahead, not at my feet and the ground receding below and imagine I am on a trampoline.
"Kah-whump Kah-Whump Kah WHUMP KAH WHUMP KAH-WHUMP!" Each impact on the street only serving to pump more stretch out of power bands and now my legs are helping to launch me as well. My feet are easily at shoulder level of the neighborhood kids gathered around me now. Ten minutes later I am totally winded but totally stoked. Nothing prepares you for that sensation like you're being thrown out of a catapult.
on November 17, 2012
This pogo is simply amazing. The system that it runs off is great and I actually prefer it over the vertigo pogo stick. I think it's more stable and it can jump higher. I think this pogo is better for trials than tricks just because the body of the pogo is is bigger than the vertigos. I can still do all the tricks I can on the vertigo, they are just a little bit harder to do. One issue I had was that a few of the bands broke after two years of use and then fly bar has horrible customer service. I emailed them and then they replied like a month later. O well eventually ill get my bands
on March 16, 2007
I bought a flybar 800 a few months ago and its the coolest thing ever. You can jump super high on it, and the people that work for flybar are awesome. i emailed them when my ruuber tip broke, and they responded a few hours later and sent me a new one for free.