4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Money
I've owned a pair that cost me $180, and while they were no doubt the nicest most comfortable and effective pair of sunglasses I have ever owned, every nick, drop, or scratch drove me nuts. Paying $180 for that kind of torment, that at least for me is bound to happen, just wasn't worth it. Since then I've never been a fan of expensive sun glasses.

The only...
Published on April 23, 2012 by Kevin

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest sunglasses I've ever purchased
I always buy cheap sunglasses because I break or scratch them within a couple of months -- never fails. I usually get them at walmart or similar and usually pay 10-20 dollars.

Published 16 months ago by A. Patterson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for the Money, April 23, 2012

The only reason I rated this product a 4 and not a 5 is because they are certainly not on par with Oakley's, Costa's, or RayBan's; and I wouldn't want anyone to think you get anywhere near that kind of quality for $20. That's like expecting Cadillac quality when purchasing a Kia. They both do the same exact task, get you to point A to point B effectively, one simply does it with a lot more quality, comfort, and style than the other. But if someone dings the car door at the grocery store of my $15k Kia, it hurts a lot less than my $60k Cadillac.

That said, they do a great job of blocking glare, are comfortable enough to wear all day, and look good. Which, in my mind at least, is everything a good pair of cheap sunglasses should do. If I drop them or scratch them, I won't lose 10 minutes off the duration of my life being p.o.'ed at myself.

Even while kayaking Tampa Bay under the bright Florida sun my eye's were relaxed in these, which says a lot because my light blue eye's have always been particularly sensitive to sun light. If you need a pair of cheap sun glasses these are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pair, November 15, 2010
These are very nice and I was looking for polarized. I don't know why in the US the selection for polarized glasses is limited. It seems only at locations with a lot of sun glare, like skiing, beaches, etc. there are more options for these yet polarized provides extra protection for your eyes. You can tell you are wearing polarized when looking through window tinting which creates a pattern. I found these very fashionable and also were not loose for my face which is smaller than usual.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great relatively cheap glasses., May 9, 2011
Decent Polarized sunglasses. I was looking for a relatively cheap pair of Polarized sunglasses for wearing fishing and just for general use, playing basketball and other sports. I recently got Lasek eye surgery. The doctor said I need to be religious about wearing sunglasses for about a year. I splurged and bought a pair of nice polarized aviator glasses at the eye doctor after my surgery for about $100 (one of the cheapest pairs). I bought these because I know the aviators would not work well for active sports, and all the sunglasses at the eye doctor designed for active users were in the range of $200 - $500. Hopefully these will suffice. They are working great so far and look much nicer than what you woul find on the Walmart shelves.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheapest sunglasses I've ever purchased, September 24, 2013

So I thought I'd try to buy a cheap pair online. Wow. These are really cheap and they must be for "Fly Fisherkids", not "Fly Fishermen". I wear a 7 1/8 hat -- my head isn't that large. These are designed for a head about 1-2 inches more narrow. They hurt, they are flimsy, they are really, really, cheap.

The only reason I gave it 2 stars instead of one is because they are actually polarized and might be useful looking for a fish in a river. But other than that, I'm terribly disappointed.

On a bright note, they DEFINITELY won't fall off your head if you look down and these are the first pair of sunglasses I've ever owned that got thrown in the trash BEFORE I scratched or broke them. So I guess you could say they outlasted all the others.... ;-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Glasses, didn't fit too well though., April 1, 2012
This review is from: Flying Fisherman Cabo Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I really have no complains about these glasses, except that they didn't fit me too way. I just have a big head or face or a combination of the two or something. I ended up giving them to a friend because they looked better on her. She said they are the best glasses she ever had for driving because there was no glare what so ever and she could see and it wasn't too dark or anything. She loves them. So yeah, if you have a big head or whatever, you may not want to get them, but they are super as my friend said.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding value, December 10, 2012
I'm not one to pay more than $20 for sunglasses, especially the way I go through them. These are an excellent value for me, they don't break the bank, are comfortable, and best of all do what they're supposed to do. I'm a delivery driver, and spending a lot of windshield time during the day, these are comfortable, yet fit well, and are not too dark, protects the eyes from the sun without distorting or making it seem like it's night time while wearing them, will buy a back up pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, they're great., February 17, 2012
Good optical quality, cut down glare significantly. I notice no distortions in the lenses, and they look reasonably good. The frame, though, seems very cheaply made and it'll remain to be seen how they hold up. But for the price, they seem to be a good deal.

Update: after another year's daily use, I give these 5 stars. They've held up very well, the lens coating doesn't appear to scratch or wear easily, and they're very comfortable eyewear. I've spent far more for polarized sunglasses only to have them be lost or broken: these are every bit as good and at the price, if they're lost it's much easier to live with.

2.0 out of 5 stars looks are deceiving, November 24, 2013
These glasses are built smaller head and face type people. I wish there was a way to order sunglasses with a guide for face size lol

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as cool as the picture leads you to believe ..., November 12, 2013
The first pair I got was broken - one of the lenses popped out. I tried to put it back in and couldnt.
Here is where I felt the cheap quality of the glasses - kind of like the 3 for $10 at the drug store quality.
The lenses on the glasses do not match the distinct color in the picture.
The glasses come in a bubble wrap mailer in a thin zip-lock bag.

If these glasses were $5 I would say its worth it. I bought a pair of Polarized glasses (or blue blockers) from Sams club for $19 which was a better quality - heavier build, came with a protective case and a lens polishing rag too

Flying Fisherman - everything is a little darker - not sure if it polarized or not but it is sunglasses
Sams Club - everything is brighter and you can see flaws in car tinted windows while driving. My mom says these make everything look like my hi-def television

When you buy this - think "Drug store by the cash register next to the candy bar display" quality

I gave 2 stars because the RMA procedure was easy and they sent me another pair in a day

5.0 out of 5 stars Great glasses, July 24, 2013
I am a woman with a smaller sized head, and I was looking for sunglasses to replace my Julbo glasses. These are perfect. They wrap around my head and feel very secure, even wearing them on the top of my head they feel very secure and not too tight. The nose pads are great! Won't get tangled in my hair when on the top of my head and feel very secure on my nose. The color of the lenses is a litt weird, they are a little color tinted instead of just dark. But I think I like it. Pretty sure that is for glare, and it makes them not too dark either. Really like these glasses!

Flying Fisherman Cabo Polarized Sunglasses