5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Especially for the Price!
Published on April 6, 2011 by -1

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Unhappy!
Published on January 6, 2012 by pharmgirl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Especially for the Price!, April 6, 2011
I'm very happy with my Key Largo sunglasses. I find them very comfortable. Along with the Key Largos, I ordered a pair of Flying Fisherman Kingston sunglasses, and for some crazy reason, they made the ends of the temple arms on that model very pointy, so they actually cause discomfort when they're put on. The Key Largos don't have that issue at all, and they are thin behind the ear. I can't stand sunglasses that I can feel pushing my ears out the whole time I'm wearing them.

I was hesitant to order amber lenses, but the lenses on these sunglasses aren't so yellow that it takes any getting used to. Color vision isn't significantly altered when wearing them.

With every other pair of sunglasses I've owned recently, I had to remove them to view LCD screens (gas pumps, ATMs, etcetera). With the Key Largos, I've found that I can keep them on more often under such circumstances.

The lenses are not on par with premium optics, but they're quite good for the price range.

The rubber on the temples really helps keep them in place. I put a tiny amount of silicone/Teflon lubricant on the hinges to make the temple arms move more easily. I'm nuts like that.)

I don't understand the extent to which people are complaining about the size of these sunglasses. I do not have a small head (I just measured my head and it's 23.0" around at my forehead--which is a men's large hat size), and I have no problem with the Key Largo sunglasses. Sure they could be a bit bigger, but I never even had that thought before seeing the complaints here.

As I write this I've been using them daily for seven months, and they've held up fine. I think they're great. The price is just icing on the cake. I ordered a second pair.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very clear for inexpensive lenses, November 1, 2010
D. Gray "yargnad" (Jacksonville, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I was not expecting the lenses to have such level of clarity as they do. I was buying these as a backup pair, but they are now my primary pair. Can't beat this price for good quality, polarized lenses.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Unhappy!, January 6, 2012
I ordered these for my husband for our anniversary. I had already gotten him something and wanted to add these to his gift. They looked really nice in the picture and I liked them. The shipping was nice and fast. When I opened the box I was very unhappy. They looked like little kid glasses. They were tiny! They didn't even fit my head, they definitely didn't fit my husbands head. I realize they are pretty cheap but I at least expected them to fit his head! I would not recommend these for anybody with a normal sized head!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value - works for me!, April 18, 2013
This review is from: Flying Fisherman Key Largo Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
For many years I bought Ray Bans (always in amber lenses) until the last time I destroyed a pair. Decided on going cheaper and try these out in the amber lens. Works great for driving, clarity is amazing, and when I look at my polarized car windows I see a neat Moire pattern - or "birefringence pattern" or whatever it is. Kinda freaked me out the first time.

Anyway, the frame and lenses are pretty small, which is not a problem for me but you larger folks might want to pass on these.

The bottom of the frames actually touch the top of my cheeks - which is great for driving in a convertible, it help keep flying grit out of my eyes. However, this might annoy some folks.

The frame is pretty flexible, which compensates to some extent for no spring-loaded hinges, though I suspect the first time I sit on 'em or bump something while wearing them they're a goner.

In summary -

Pros:
================
Cheap
Clear, non-distorting lenses
Light plastic frame
Rubber inset pads on bridge and ears help keep them in place

Cons:
================
Small (not a con for me but I know you big people are out there reading this :-)
Delicate frame

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice optics, but too small, June 27, 2011
I guess my head is just too big. I really like the optics, for the price, they're hard to beat. Unfortunately, these frames are for a man with a much smaller head than mine. I have an 8 or 8 1/4 hat size, as a reference. I can still use them but not as fashionable as they could be if they were a little bigger.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for adults, December 6, 2013
These glasses are way to small for an adult. I ended up giving them to my 9 year old son.

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for., September 16, 2013
The price was great. And the glasses worked great until it broke. The plastic frame holding the lens at bottom just snapped one day. I had these for about 3 weeks. Again, it was cheap to purchase so it was cheap to manufacture.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke before I wore it..., June 30, 2011
This review is from: Flying Fisherman Key Largo Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
When I first got this product I was happy how light it was and its visibility. However, when I tried to actually wear it for the first time, the side of the sunglasses fell apart and I cannot reassemble it back to its original state, because the sides were made out of plastic and looks like it will snap apart if I forced it back. This may be one out of 100 pair that happened to be defected...but I would appreciate if I can get a refund or a replacement for the defected product that I bought :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, August 1, 2011
Horse Trader (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I was recently fishing, and decided I needed to have polarized lenses; these very inexpensive glasses were advertised as such, so I ordered them. They are indeed polarized, but not as effectively as other glasses I've tried. They also arrived with a lense out, but it was easy to put it back in and it hasn't popped out again in the 8 weeks I've been using them. They're a great deal for the price and I'm happy with the purchase. I recommend them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, July 19, 2013
the frame is cheap and broke within the first day. they were not dropped, sat on or miss handled. they cracked and the lens fell out.

do not recommend them