Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

82%
18%

on March 3, 2013
I'm a cook who has worked for a james beard award winning chef. this fish sauce is literally the only fish sauce I will use. beats red boat, and everything else is just a laugh in your rear view mirror as you peel out doing donuts from fishsauceville. leave the suckers in the dust, buy flying lion brand fish sauce.

PS - buy this locally, the price on here is absurd.
on December 9, 2012
I've bought a few fish sauce brands in the past, but I couldn't tell you which ones because they were wholly unremarkable. Flying Lion is quite the opposite. This is the brand I will look for from now on.

This stuff will singe your nose hairs with the powerful aroma, but the flavor is anything but unpleasant. It is amazing to me how something that smells this powerful and has flavors this big can at the same time taste so approachable and nuanced and be so good at lifting the food it goes in and on to such glorious heights. I adore this stuff. (I love wine too and I have never in my life spoken of any wine, not even the ones I love dearly, in such grandiose and flowery terms. That's how nice this stuff is.)
on August 5, 2011
Flying Lion fish sauce has a more subtle and complex flavor than Squid and other more common brands. Sure it costs more but how many bottles do most people buy each month? This is affordable luxury that will make a noticeable improvement in your cooking.
on March 24, 2015
I am not going to pine about where this fish sauce is made or what it may or may not pretend to be. I grew up in Thailand and know fish sauce. I won't mention any other brands here as that is not what this review feature is for. I am basing my review solely on how this product tastes. They may take some shortcuts in producing this fish sauce and it may have hydrolyzed wheat protein in it. But this fish sauce is delicious. It is one of only 3 brands I will allow in my pantry. Used straight or diluted, it adds a wonderful dimension to cooking and it's essential in Southeast Asian cuisine.
on June 21, 2014
As you can see when you zoom out the lable of this product "Product of Thailand processed in Hong Kong". This is NOT a Vietnamese-style fish sauce or Nuoc mam in Vietnamese. Vietnamese style fish sauce is made purelly from a kind of sea fish and salt not from sugar or anything else. The maker of this product violated trademark law and caused customers misunderstanding on the origin of the product. Just bear in mind that in Vietnam there are a lot of regions that have the long time tradition of producing fish sauce. Some are very famous are Phu Quoc island, Nha Trang, Phan Thiet, etc. Flying Lion is not a product that comes these region or their method. Stay away from this fake thing.
on July 23, 2016
I have been using this brand of fish sauce for years after reading about it in an article by a chef who specializes in Asian cuisine. For me it has the perfect flavor. Mixed with a little lime juice, sugar and fresh thai chilies, it is a divine dipping sauce.
on October 27, 2015
Growing up Vietnamese, I’ve been using fish sauce my whole life. My mom had always brought the three crab brand. Now that I am older and out of the house, I’ve got to try many different other brands of fish sauce and always end up grabbing this one at the Asian market. My mom actually switched over to this brand and convinced me to switch. I have been using it ever since. This has a more distinct flavor to me and doesn’t taste as watered down as the three crab brand.
on February 24, 2013
This is not Vietnamese style fish sauce. It is not Phu Quoc fish sauce. It's Thai style fish sauce, made in Thailand. It has sugar and hydrolized wheat something-or-other, which isn't how Vietnamese fish sauce is made. Sugar? Ew! How do I know about fish sauce? I lived in Viet Nam for five years. I have been to Phu Quoc island and seen the fish sauce factories there, as well as those in Mui Ne and Nha Trang. The ingredients for Vietnamese fish sauce are: fish and salt. I would expect this sort of false advertising in a third world country, but I expect truth in advertising and labeling here in the United States. If I could give zero stars, I would, and I haven't even tasted the stuff yet. Now I'm going to report the seller to Amazon.
on January 26, 2016
I live somewhere where I couldn't find the fish sauce I wanted. I am happy I was able to order online. The item came with no damage either.
on February 28, 2015
This is the real thing. Good for all Asian cuisines, especially Vietnamese and Thai dishes.And the bottle size makes it a bargain.