5.0 out of 5 stars Tired of the Same Old-Same Old
I heard the single, "I'm So Sick," on the radio a few weeks ago. I bought the self-titled album. I went to their concert a couple of hours ago...And now I can't help but write a review.

Flyleaf is young, raw, still growing, and full of energy. On stage, they are passionate and fun to watch. In their songs, they are honest and searching, spiritual and...
Published on March 13, 2006 by Eric Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars OK With Some Bright Spots
Flyleaf has a hard-edged sound that combines raw, aggressive rock with some interesting vocals.

Although it is not a type of music that is my usual taste, this album has a couple of quite memorable songs. The band also injects some substantial meaning to their music. Most of the songs start off quite angry, but there is a resolution to them that turns them...
Published on April 7, 2007 by S. Peek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 522 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Going in my top ten of all-time..., June 19, 2006
S. NELSON (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
Originally drawn in by seeing the music video for "I'm so sick," I had to check this band out. I live, breathe, and sleep music; Flyleaf's debut immediately went into heavy rotation.

Lacey's vocals are infectious, pleasantly different, and commanding united with a rarely seen energy and passion. Jared and Sameer are creatively raw, talented guitarists that truly bring powerful elements to this band which is subtly accompanied by a phenemonal bassist in Pat Seals. Unfortunately, his talent seems a little quieted on the album. However, when seen live, his talents are well showcased. All this set against a backdrop of methodical stick-slappin' provided by the gifted hands of one James Culpepper.

The lyrics in this album are something I truly hope no one over looks. Vivid, courageous and self-examining, they are beautifully set into songs. If you are Christian, then most of the songs lyrics will allow you to enjoy Flyleaf on another level.

This is an amazing band who's debut album both affirms Flyleaf's deserved place in music and promises bigger and better to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acoustic versions worth an extra star, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Flyleaf (MP3 Music)
Music is very subjective and I don't by any means think Flyleaf is a top tier music producing act, but what they do have is an ultra-talented front woman. My impression of Lacey Mosely's vocal talents is she could probably go solo and sing any genre and have a very long and productive career. I think it is interesting that they get labeled as Christian rock band when their lyrics certainly don't seem to slant that way. Perhaps we should label all our politicians as Christian senators and congressmen etc., since 95% are of that religion? (And they certainly seem to bring it up at the drop of a hat.)

What I would like to point out to those who might only be aware of the audio CD before rerelease is the excellent acoustic tracks that are available with the MP3 downloads. I didn't think much of them when I first downloaded from Amazon but taking a listen to them recently they are quite impressive. They isolate the vocal quality and ability of Lacey perfectly.

Overall I would give this album 3 stars but with the inclusion of the acoustic tracks it scores a 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flyleaf LP, October 13, 2005
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
While the album has a more 'polished' feel than the EP, Flyleaf's debut album is something to invest in. In an industry where negativity is more present than not in lyrics, it's refreshing to have a great female voice singing about the good things in the world. It might sound cheesy, but it's done with tact, and it inspires nearly all who listen.

Lacey Mosley, the woman who fronts the band, has a very unique voice. She's pint sized, and has quite an edge with her vocals.

Jared, James, Pat and Sameer are what back her in their hard rock endeavor, and are just as wonderful. All of them stand out in their own light.

This album is certainly a must have if you like female fronted rock. I know I'm a fan of it if it's done well, and this album proves without a doubt that Flyleaf is one of those bands.

5.0 out of 5 stars The biggest voice from the tiniest body, July 2, 2006
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I felt it necessary to share with everyone who considers buying this cd... if you actually listen to lyrics and get into the music, this will not be a waste of your money. These songs are well-written, effectively delivered and emotion-stirring.

I've saw this band live 3 times now, and they've never disappointed me. Lacey is so animated, as are the 3 guitarists. So they deliver a high-energy, audience-geared show. They have very good stage presence, and Lacey has excellent crowd connectivity with lots of eye contact and dialogue between songs.

This CD will not disappoint you, and if you ever get the chance to see them live.. DO IT!! Thank you for reading this. <3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, July 28, 2009
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I got the Flyleaf EP and after hearing that I wanted to get the CD. The songs are changed a lot from EP, but still good. At first they sounded worse since they had lot of added effects or such to the song. After getting use to them I ended up preferring the versions on this cd, but still would recommend for people who liked this cd (I would recommend even more if you sorta liked band) to get EP since it has different sound. The lyrics change a lot between some EP and normal versions off the songs, mainly I'm So Sick. The acoustics also change lyrics a bit, mainly Cassie. it's a good CD with lot of nice sounds, but many have a religious reference (some very directly).

3.0 out of 5 stars A Strong Debut, June 28, 2006
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
You've got to love Lacey Mosley's voice. As the diminutive frontwoman of Flyleaf, Mosley's vocal range is anything but. She can wail with the best rock frontmen, blasting out lyrics of anger and confusion, and then quickly turn the tables and deliver something swooning and seductive. She can hold your heart in her hand tenderly. Or crush it with a single squeeze. Listen to "All Around You" and "I'm So Sick" back to back and you'll catch my drift. This eponymous debut, though plagued with many typically debut album problems, works more often than it doesn't, and showcases the group's potential.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fully Alive, February 28, 2009
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
Even though I am not a Christian, Flyleaf is one of my favorite bands. I first heard them when the "I'm So Sick" video came out and I was instantly intrigued. Don't be deceived by their popularity or comparison to bands like Paramore (not insulting paramore). They have a one-of-a-kind passion.
I really hope they don't lose their screaming in the next CD :-)
Favorite track: 'I'm So Sick' or 'Breathe Today'
Least Favorite: 'Perfect' or 'So I Thought'

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I tripped across this band while hunting through hundreds of Amazon samples for something new and interesting. Man, I went through a lot of rubbish before hitting Flyleaf. I instantly ordered the EP and full release. In my opinion, the full release is superior to the EP in production quality and depth, but the EP (especially "Fully Alive") is more gutsy. The style of "Fully Alive" and "Sorrow" is superior to "I'm So Sick" (Kittie on a good day) and "Perfect" (Cranes/Curve on a bad day).

5.0 out of 5 stars bands like this only come so often, June 18, 2006
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
I've know the band from the beginning. I'm from Belton Texas and we are very proud of them. This CD is one that should be heard. The sounds of the band and vocals are definetely different from the norm. Giving their own style to the sounds. Very dedicated in the lord and their music, you can really feel it. This is a must listen to; a band like this only comes along so often and that's rarely.

5.0 out of 5 stars FlyLeaf is Great !, December 30, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Flyleaf (Audio CD)
Flyleaf is an amzing band. Lacey the lead inger's voice is amazing ! Her voice can change from sweet and innocent to hard rockin bad. Her voice is better than how some women sing in rock bands because usually their voices still sound all sweet like a pop song. I was shocked at how she sreamed in "I'm so sick" it was so cool.FlyLeaf's lyrics and sound are great !

from-mi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 522 | Next ›

Flyleaf
Flyleaf by Flyleaf (Audio CD - 2007)