Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$6.99

on October 30, 2007
The re-release of Flyleaf's debut album excited me, but after seeing the videos leading up to the re-release and reading about some of the special features on this new Special Edition I was really ready to go pick it up right then! The album has the recordings of their first powerful release as well as acoustic renditions of some of their most popular songs, including "Red Sam", "Cassie", and "I'm So Sick". The addition of these tracks really brings out the musical skill of the musicians as well as highlighting the beautiful voice of the lead singer. The DVD holds videos of the acoustic recording sessions as well as their full music video collection that brings a dimension to their artistry that those of us not able to make it to the shows tend to miss. Definelty worth picking up for the current fan or a curious music enthusiast!
on March 18, 2006
Ok, so I'm staring aimlessly at my ceiling with the tv going in the background when I hear a soft voice turn into a violent scream. FLYLEAF's "I'M SO SICK" is on and I am instantly drawn in. I love hearing new music, so I get up and look at FLYLEAF in action. The song ends and for the rest of the day, their infectious tune is playing in my head. Later that night, I downloaded a few tracks and my next thought was an obvious one: I had to get their CD.

Song by song review:
I'M SO SICK start's off nice and gentle, but before you begin to think the singer is just some whiney chick, she lets out a shattering scream. This is definitely a strong opening track, and the song that draws you into the cd.

FULLY ALIVE is about how one's complaints are usually not worth it. There are those who have suffered worse and are still "fully alive, more than most, ready to smile and love life". A very inspirational song; a positive message and a great beat to match.

PERFECT is another strong song, though probably not the strongest. A driving beat and more great lyrics. It's an insight full song and a good look at what’s to come; a person who is beinging to accept themself is introduced to us.

CASSIE starts off with a little humming noise the explodes into a song that begins to show us what FLYLEAF is about. It gives us a good look at FLYLEAF's faith. This is where you begin to understand why some people consider them a Christian band. "'Do you believe in God?' | Written on the bullet | Say yes to pull the trigger." The singer later answers "And I will pull the trigger." Definitely a strong song with strong vocal work.

SORROW, though not the strongest track on the album, is a great song nonetheless. FLYLEAF is a very positive band and look on the positive side of things. This song ends with an uplifting scream assuring you that "Joy will come".

I'M SORRY starts off strong and only gets better. The beat is fast paced and the vocals are amazing. In the beginning, someone is building their shell but by the end, that shell is being broken. They are "done healing". Another positive message.

ALL AROUND ME is another song that displays FLYLEAF's faith. Beautiful lyrics and another very positive song. The singer's voice floats over the beat at times and you can't help but feel what she's feeling.

RED SAM is also about their faith. It's about a person accepting God. Now, another great thing about FLYLEAF is that even though they believe in God, they are not preaching to you, nor do they ask you to believe as well. They pay homage to their god in their music, and it comes across beautifully.

THERE-FOR-YOU is about wanting to be there for a true friend who is always there for you, despite your actions. It is another beautiful message and pleasing to the ears.

BREATHE TODAY is one of the strongest tracks on the album. It urges you to just Breathe . You are told to "Search your own self". Great lyrics, wonderful vocals, compelling beat, great song.

and last but not least... SO I THOUGHT. I can hardly find the words... this is just an amazing song, possibly the best song on here. Strong and emotional and demands a second listen. Just...wow...no words. Amazing song. Great end to the cd.

Lets clear one thing up:
Now, I see them being compared to EVANESCENCE a lot. Though both bands have a female vocalist, that’s about where the similarities end. FLYLEAF is hard rock while EVANESCENCE is more of a hybrid band. The vocal styles and lyric themes are different as well.

Overview:
FLYLEAF is a new band with a big sound. The look on they positive side of life while most other bands are only telling you to go ahead and slice your wrists. The singer has an amazing voice and the rest of the band makes strong, rockin beats to match. The lyrics are deep and heartfelt. Each song is beautifully constructed. Their music is about something; It's not the mindless nonsense you see so much of. I hope to see great things from this band in the future. I highly recommend this CD.
on June 10, 2015
I met and became friends with someone due to the sharing of our favorite band, Thousand Foot Krutch (well, second for me, behind FM Static, which is pretty much the same band, anyway). It didn't take her long to find Flyleaf, and I share my amazon music library with her. I only recently bought this for my sake, but she apparently didn't have any Flyleaf albums on her own.

Anyway, this album is one of three I've purchased, but I'm enjoying it more than the others. Best album I've heard since 2012.
on July 31, 2015
Heavy music and lyrics about gut wrenching pain go together like peanutbutter and jelly. Belton, Texas quintet, Flyleaf, aren't about to break with tradition. While many rockers reopen old wounds by singing about their broken homes and broken hearts, Flyleaf kicks past traumas in the head then tries to heal old scars and prove in the process that hope shines brighter than despair.
on May 11, 2007
Lacey Mosley has an amazing voice , a powerful combination of melody and rage all mixed together. After hearing "I am so sick" and "fully alive", I got a new energy to burn my calories at the gym.. Check them out !!!!

Its sad most of us dont know about them, instead we see all those stupid videos all the time on MTV.
on May 9, 2016
Absolutely awesome album that you can rock out to while feeling the touch of a Lord that loves you and would never leave you even when you feel alone. Great throwback to my past and a timeless treasure I can revisit time and again.
on April 24, 2014
This is probably the best album ever released. I love every song. I've been a huge fan since 2005, and have been wanting to buy it since then. By the time i got a job (i was in high school when the album was released) and could buy the song the second album was the only one on the selves in stores. (i bought that one, and highly recommend that as well). I was against buying digital songs for a long time. But I've gotten over it this past year and i'm glad i did. worth every penny.
on June 23, 2006
As many others have said before me, Flyleaf seems to be a band that is filled with genuine hurt and pain and depicts that in their music. I have been an Evanescence and Lacuna Coil fan for a while now and I am glad to see there are some similarities between the three. However, despite what people might believe, Flyleaf is much different. I was hooked when I first heard "I'm so sick" on Fuse, the song was filled with anger and true emotion, yet wasn't overly dramatic or screamo.

A personal favorite off the album is "Breathe Today" and "Perfect" because the lyrics are very catchy and Lacey's strong voice makes you feel like you know exactly what she's talking about.

The song "Cassie" is very interesting about the victim in the Colombine killings, Cassie Bernall. Not only do Lacey's voice change with the theme, but the guitars and drums do the same- making an ultimate combination of a perfect mood.

I highly recommened Flyleaf's self-titled album and hope they are a big hit so we hear some more from them.
on October 6, 2005
Lacey, lead singer of the band, has an incredible voice! She can be quiet and touching, then screaming and raw all of the sudden. Flyleaf's sound is very original and has somewhat of a dark sound w/o the dark lyrics. Though I've seen Flyleaf and they were even better live, the CD is great and a smart buy.
on April 12, 2007
Flyleaf has found quite a bit of success touring with bands like Deftones. Their lead singer is female, and she is tiny at that. But don't let that turn you off. This isn't another average girl fronted metal band, like Kittie. She is able to convey so much emotion into every song it is unbelievable. It is a very solid cd. No filler. I'm excited for their next one too, because I think they have tons more potential. I mean, they've already sold over 500,000 copies of this one, which is pretty darn good. I don't think that everyone will like them, though. But if you're looking for something different as far as vocals go, try them.