Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 12, 2009
My daughter's university was requiring this book, but at a $45 plus shipping price tag and only available through the publisher's website. When we found out she could use last year's book, it was a great way to save money. Though it came in from someone who went to the University of West Virginia, my daughter matched it up with her roommate's freshly purchased one from the website, and except for the cover and the binding, which is customized to each univerity, it was identical. When ever you can save $37 on a college text book that you'll be lucky if the bookstore will buy back, it is great!
on July 31, 2012
As A Student:
I am currently preparing for the GRE. This book has provided me some EXCELLENT study strategies, specific to my learning style. I have learned a lot about test taking and note taking in this book.

As an Advisor:
I work with students who struggle academically. I use the techniques in this book frequently when counseling with students who struggle. I talk a lot about creating a master semester calendar. I am constantly talking with my students about figuring out their study style and using it to their advantage. If a student is auditory, I recommend they read their notes aloud. If they are kinesthetic, they can read while riding an exercise bike or playing the guitar. There are so many ways to improve study skills.

As a College Instructor:

I teach a college success studies class and use this book. I love the look and feel of the book. The language is very casual and approachable. It has great illustrations and is VERY interactive. As you go through the book there are activities and quizzes to take along the way. It has some of the best advice for college I have ever seen.
on January 11, 2013
I bought the kindle edition of this book for $23 and then the access code for $31 saving myself a total of $35 vs. the UVU bookstore (physical copy).

To buy the code go to[...] and scroll down to the "digital" section and pic the right code for your class.

NOTE: this review does not address the content of the ebook but mainly is here so people can easily find the access codes. It took me a bit to find.

UPDATE: There is no "jump to page" option on this book. WTF, how am i supposed to follow along on assignments and whatnot? i'll go ahead and adjust my rating of this product to reflect the stupidity that is manifest in the lack of jumping to a specific page.
on February 21, 2011
I really enjoyed this book. If you really use the advice that it gives, your school days will be so much easier!
on October 2, 2013
I am enjoying reading it. I find easy to navigate. I live the real life stories that they use for examples
on January 8, 2013
They never mailed item! Attempted to contact them and they never responded to email. Still waiting on a reply. I
on January 10, 2010
I bought this book for a college class my son's taking. It was just what I ordered, in the shape I was told it would be in. Pleased with this purchase.
on February 22, 2014
I got this text book on time before my class was about to start during spring semester and the book arrived in good condition as stated by the seller. I would be happy to buy more college text books from this seller in the future since this seller saved me over a hundred dollars from buying a new book since this used book is just as good as new.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
Was required reading material for my college course that I had to take. Amazon offers to rebuy school books which is a nice feature, but I like keeping mine for reference purposes.
on August 4, 2014
Very good used book and cheap compared to school campus bookstore.