5.0 out of 5 stars Panama Holiday
Published on November 8, 2010 by Melou

3.0 out of 5 stars OK guide for general information, but not accurate!
Everything time I travel, I don't learn and keep going back buying Fodor's travel guides! Don't get me wrong, it is a good guide for general information when traveling to a place you never been before, BUT information provided is not accurate time after time! Examples:
Published 22 months ago by SZ-Frm Hls

5.0 out of 5 stars Panama Holiday, November 8, 2010
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
After looking at many websites about Panama I still had too many unanswered questions. What to do next? Before the internet, I always used travel guides, so I ordered the Fodor guide and immediately felt that my questions were answered. There were several excellent suggestions that I've used. My family trip is this Christmas season, so I haven't fully used the Guide, but I plan to take parts with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, March 1, 2012
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I am an old Panama hand, thus not that easily impressed. But I am with Fodor.

Written honestly and accurately, it is updated as needed. So there is always something of interest perking in its many pages.

For the first time visitor this book and the country of Panama has too much for a single visit. But you can begin, well-prepared having studied this book before you arrive.

The repeat traveler will find new side trips, fresh details and old sights you want to see again -- this time armed with sharpened insight. And on and on.

The book is a great investment to provide you a richer experience.

Read it six months before your trip. Fodor has to be absorbed, digested. Bon Voyage!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Great book. So helpful, so informative. Has everything you need to know. Would recommend it highly to anyone considerating a trip to Panama.

2.0 out of 5 stars limted, February 7, 2013
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This guide book will be useful only if you are going to the most populous cities or the most trampled tourist spots. Very little info on the bocas region.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK guide for general information, but not accurate!, December 25, 2012
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
I wasn't able to find restaurants mentioned by Fodor's in Italy; or recommendation to go to Colon in Panama when commented numurous times by travelers on Trip advisors forum not to travel there due to safety issues!

5.0 out of 5 stars Guide Books, April 6, 2011
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
These books are great. I know much of this info is available on line but nothing like a good book. Who can beat Amazon!

1.0 out of 5 stars Crap, May 12, 2013
Tall Dee "ctalld" (Fort Mill, SC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Pure unadulterated crap. I gave this travel book to my local library rather than throwing it away. You must peruse it and decide if it has value for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, December 27, 2012
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
The book was a bit old. It has surprisingly little history on the country and the people. The info on how to see the canal could have been better. Some of the restaurants in the mountains and beaches are out of business but that is not surprising.

Overall, a useful overall country guide. There was info on each of the tourist areas and on activities, that was useful for planning and while in the country.

4.0 out of 5 stars This guide helped me get an overall lay of the ..., September 24, 2014
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
This guide helped me get an overall lay of the land. I was able to plan my vacation with more detail and comfort knowing the information obtained in this book

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, October 4, 2014
This review is from: Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Good book for first time tourists.

Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide)
Fodor's Panama, 2nd Edition (Travel Guide) by Fodor's (Paperback - March 30, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.01