5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and precise ( did I spell that correctly? )
I've used Webster's 'software' dictionary for quite some time. It's fast, reliable and doesn't cause problems. I keep the icon pinned to my quick access bar and when I'm stumped for a spelling I just give one click and up it pops, helping my tired mind to remember how many 'i's are in Mississipi ( hmmm...that doesn't look right ).

The dictionary as well as the...
Published 22 months ago by R. Frantz

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT
The key will be invalid if you reinstall the program. I don't know why. I regret buying a bulls***!!! Ironically,the old cracked version works perfect.
Published 20 months ago by daozhi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT, January 7, 2013
This review is from: Fogware Publishing Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus Bonus Pack (2-Users) (CD-ROM)

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AMAZON'S FAULT, BUT..., December 8, 2012
A. Reader (Ridgecrest, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The disk doesn't load the program, which seems sort of weird. No, you must connect to another website. From there, you download 15-day trials for each of the three programs contained in this bundle, and are supposed to activate them (separately)by typing in the "key" supplied in the package. But the key doesn't activate.

After repeated trials, I contacted the site from which the trials were downloaded, and they gave me a phone number to call yet ANOTHER site. At that point, I said "Not worth it" and contacted Amazon. They refunded my money within the hour, even though the returned package was still in my outgoing mail.

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning....., March 10, 2013
You won't find out until you open the case and read the tab where the activation code is located that you can only register this product twice. So, if you have to redo your hard drive because of a crash or anything else like that, you can only use the code twice. After that, you can't use the code to activate the full license of the product. You will get a 15 day trial and that's it.
Plain and simple, rip off.

Other than that, the product does what it says and is an excellent educational resource to have. However, they should have made it clear about the license on the case or description.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, February 22, 2013
Very slow, the same information is available online through many sources, including Marriam Webster. Can't reinstall it on another computer due to licensing issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., December 11, 2012
M. Kessler "MikeK" (Lakewood, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Difficult to install, so I put it aside. Not recommended. Older (Win 98)versions of Webster were very simple to use. This one isn't.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not user freindly, August 10, 2012
I had an old Microsoft Bookshelf 95 and it kicked arss! This one is not user friendly and it does not suggest words if you make a spelling mistake. I'm an engineer and I grow up speaking four languages but spelling is not my strongest suit. Microsoft Word has a more powerful dictionary than this piece of Crap!

1.0 out of 5 stars RIPOFF, May 26, 2013
RR2004 (Seattle, WA) - See all my reviews
This product is a ripoff. I was hesitant to purchase it because of all the bad reviews; however, a big box retailer was offering 100% rebate so I figured that I had nothing to lose.
In order to get the software to work, you had to register your name, address, e-mail, and type in the activation code. I typed in the code very carefully and I get a message that it is invalid. I triple checked the activation code and submitted it several times. Each time I get a message that the it invalid.
In order to get the rebate, you had to submit the confirmation e-mail from Fogware that confirms that you successfully registered the software.
Since I could not successful register, I had a product that did not work and I couldn't get a rebate for it.
DO NOT BUY!!!
Update of review: I was able to get a refund from the big box retailer. The customer service person told me that there were numerous complaints from customers. Although the complaining customers were able to register the product successfully, Fogware did not send them the confirmation e-mail that was necessary to obtain the 100% rebate.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BOTHER!!!, April 3, 2013
Absolutely useless. Hard to use, definitions WHEN you can get them to load, are 3 or 4 words long apropos of nothing, least of all an actual definition of a word. The synonyms and antonyms are doled out with a clogged eye dropper. Serious waste of money and memory space. I got this mainly to avoid the spamming from the free online sites. I figured well at least since there is a link with in the program to go to their online site, I won't have to put up with all the spam.
. NOT!!!!!!
. In a coup de gras of resplendent uselessness, the link does not give you a spam free access to their on line site. RUN AWAY from this, give the 20 bucks to a homeless person, or use it in the restroom, you will have gotten more use for the money that way, than you will spending it on this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy and precise ( did I spell that correctly? ), November 14, 2012

The dictionary as well as the thesaurus are helpful in finding the right word at the right time with guides and other aids.The install is a little rough because the software company wants to make sure you are the one who purchased the disc, but outside of that I find the everyday software execution flawless.

Online dictionaries might be cheaper, but if you're looking for speed, dependability and an instant 'I.Q.' booster when the correct spelling or proper use of that specific word elludes you, Webster's is a must-have tool.

Excuse me for a second while I check...Ah-ha! How about that! It's two 'p's.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wake up, amazon!, December 24, 2013
Bruce Kinsey (Shenandoah Valley, Virginia) - See all my reviews
Read these reviews. Words like "nightmare" and "horrible" and "rip-off" oughta be a big clue. Pull the product, for Heaven's sake!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Fogware Publishing Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus Bonus Pack  (2-Users)
Fogware Publishing Merriam Webster's Collegiate Dictionary & Thesaurus Bonus Pack (2-Users) by Innovative Knowledge, Inc. (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
$19.99 $19.94