4.0 out of 5 stars Fold and Carry 5 gallon water carrier
The water carrier worked well for us. I was careful to carry it with my arm under the bottom. I was not sure if carrying it by the handle would work, based on the weight.

It set perfectly on the tailgate of the truck where we did all our dishwashing.

It was accidently dropped while full of water and was fine, no splitting of seams or leaks...
Published on June 12, 2010 by Linda Sanz - Northern CA, USA

Published on September 9, 2010 by Jarrod Plevel

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase this item if you need to rely on this container for water!, September 9, 2010
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
I recently purchased 5 of these Reliant 5 gallon water containers for a camping trip in the desert. We carried all of our water in these jugs. out of five containers two immediately had leaks. I carried each with one hand on the handle and other below the jug. The containers moved from sink to truck bed and then from truck bed to smooth ground, where they stayed untouched until we left. We had enough water thus we did not use all the containers. By the end of my trip I had only one container that did not leak. Two that were barely touched also leaked. Thus, a total of 4 of 5 containers leaked. I felt that buying these reusable contianers would be the right thing. However, I was proved wrong!

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap = leaky, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
I bought 7 of these for Burning Man. I doubted there was a big difference between these and the more expensive ones ($10 vs. $17 or so), so I bought the cheap ones. All but one or two leaked, and nearly cost me $100 of expensive steam-cleaning for the van I returned smelling of mildew. If you weren't holding water in them for very long, I guess they'd be fine, but they literally leaked so much that water was dripping through the floor of the van - we had them all in garbage bags, and they basically leaked until the level of water outside the bottles was even with the level of the water inside the bottles. Mind-boggling!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised . . . . Beware of inferior substitute., November 29, 2011
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
The products I received were not manufactured by Reliance. Product came in unmarked bags. Only identifcation was a 1/2" X 3/4" sticker with Rotnco printed on it. Construction is made of multiple vinyl panels heat-seamed together unlike Reliance single molded construction. Very low flow spout. Seller was not responsive to a exchange or a refund. Product and seller not recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising, October 4, 2011
Dr. SRW (Saint Paul, MN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
Beware! Product not as shown online! I purchased this product to replace one I had that had worn out after many years of use. The online picture matched what I had but the product wasn't what was pictured! It wasn't even the same brand! (Different handles, flimsy construction, different spout, etc.) I contacted the seller and they told me to send it back, IF I PAY THE SHIPPING! I decided to keep the item because paying shipping was HALF the COST of THE ITEM!!. I used it on ONE camping trip. It was windy and blew off the picnic table because I left it not too full. It BROKE. I mean the neck of the spout molded into the body of the vessel split open, rendering it COMPLETELY USELESS!! I would never but from these people again.

Reliance Products 5 Gallon Poly-Bagged Fold-A-Carrier Collapsible Water Carrier

1.0 out of 5 stars Cool idea, real bummer, October 26, 2011
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
Upon removing from the package I attempted to fill 5 of these jugs. They looked really neat until 3 out of the 5 had pin holes in them in the places where they were creased from being folded up. I can only imagine what will happen when trying to transport these jugs. Too bad, I was really depending on this water for camping.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fold and Carry 5 gallon water carrier, June 12, 2010
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)

It set perfectly on the tailgate of the truck where we did all our dishwashing.

Another great product !!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed to say the least!, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
Recently bought one of the 5 gallon containers to take on a camping trip to Utah. Thought the collapsible design was perfect for my needs, however I was a little worried about the inconsistencies of the wall thickness in the corners. Turns out I was right, when it started spraying water out of two different spots the first time I filled it up. Thought the problem might have been just a fluke, but i definitely won't be buying another one after the number of negative reviews I've seen with the same issues.

2.0 out of 5 stars Something changed in the design, May 10, 2011
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
Something changed in the design . back about 10yrs ago in boy scouts, we used these jugs all the time and they were great! they were used them the hike water in and out of sites that were dry. no issues. However....

i purchased one this past month, may 2011 and found the quality to be low. the thickness of the plastic wall was very inconsistent. The bottom corners we so thin i did not feel it was acceptable for placing a full container down of rough ground. i returned the product.

likely good for a tail gate or boat, but as for long term camp life.. i would pass.

2.0 out of 5 stars not stable beyond the ground, September 11, 2010
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
Bought this water carrier and a rigid 2.5 gallon water container with a spigot. This water carrier may be useful if campers must bail water and carry it for a distance. It cannot sit properly without tumbling over (i.e. very unstable)to the point of annoying. My other 2.5 gallon water container provides good water dispensing and it's a delight to refill from the top and easy to carry and transport.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok if you don't use the handle, March 8, 2010
This review is from: Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal (Sports)
This is just your basic collapsible water carrier, except the word "carrier" indicates you should be able to carry it around with water in it. Don't.

Fold a Carrier - 5 Gal