5.0 out of 5 stars Ge Foldable Headset
Great product for working online and working with multiple people in a customer service environment. You can clearly hear the other people through the headset.
Published 6 months ago by VONETTA WILSON

3.0 out of 5 stars handle with care
I broke two of these before I figured out how fragile they are. When they work, they work great.

The current pair is about 6 months old and people are beginning to complain about sound quality. A mic should not wear out, but who knows? The same people had commented earlier that the sound quality was good.

I use this headset for conducting business...
Published on January 12, 2011 by jmhr

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Finally breaking up with this headset... on to greener pastures., March 20, 2011
This review is from: Ge Foldable Headset Voice Over Internet Protocol (Voip) (Electronics)
As many have previously stated, "...when it works, it works great... or ...it is very fragile..." -- I love the headset from the standpoints of sound quality, how lightweight it is, and that it is generally easy to wear and use. The problem is it breaks at the hinge so easily. I have bought, broken, and returned four of them now and I am giving up. Thankfully they took each broken one back, however it's always a hassle. I wish the hinge was not there or it was metal, however a plastic hinge on a headset that is taken off and put on repeatedly in a day is bound to wear out. Really wish this was built a little stronger and was more reliable. Sorry GE... you were close, but my business is no longer yours for phone headsets.

3.0 out of 5 stars handle with care, January 12, 2011

I use this headset for conducting business meetings so reasonable fidelity is a necessity.

1.0 out of 5 stars Basically Worthless, September 20, 2010
A colleague recommended this headset for its versatility (it can connect to many devices) and practicality, since it allows two-handed typing while on a phone call, without the risk of earbuds falling out of one's ears at a crucial moment.

But, like a mobile phone that can perform Internet wonders but consistently drops calls, this device failed spectacularly in its primary function -- allowing conversation. A constant background clicking could be heard at my end on all phone calls; the people on the other end could hear one syllable out of four, and even that unintelligible audio was faint. I had to resort to the speaker phone function to do interviews; I would have been far better off if I'd stuck with earbuds.

For me, the device was worthless.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very durable!, January 28, 2014
Mike Martins (Marshalltown, IA USA) - See all my reviews
I used this for less than 2 months, and the microphone stopped working. Other wise it is a very good design. Be ware! GE does not stand behind this product. I tried to get honor the one year warranty on the product, and they bluntly refused. Below find their email response to me:

Jasco Products Tech Support callcenteremail@jascoproducts.com
12:33 PM (3/17/2014)

Hello

Thank you for contacting Jasco Products Company.

Unfortunately MidAtlantic Merchant is not an authorized retailor so a replacement would need to be handled by them. I see on the ticket that they will not take it back because it is used so you will need to contact them about how to handle this issue. The reason that we can't exchange it is because the warranty starts from the day that the headset was originally purchased and we don't have that receipt. For us to replace the headset that you bought you would need to get a copy of the receipt from when the headset was originally purchased and if it's still within the warranty time frame then we would be able to replace it.

If you need further assistance, you can contact us
by e-mail at support@jascoproducts.com
phone at 1-800-654-8483 option 1,
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.

To respond, please select "Reply" in your e-mail software, and be sure that the past e-mail is included in this reply.

[AOL Users: In order to include the previous e-mail, you must highlight it with your mouse when you are replying.]

If you need to reply, please be sure to include in your message all information from prior e-mail messages & replies. If your e-mail client automatically deletes prior e-mail thread information, it will cause a delay while we look up your support history. If this is the case you may want to save the old e-mails as attachments and attach them to the current e-mail. Ticket number for this email is 70880.

Customer Information Center

Jasco Products Company."

They are even more annoying and paternalistic over the phone. Who cares if the people who sold it are authorised dealers or not. If you place a product on the market, you should stand behind it!

3.0 out of 5 stars These are ok, December 10, 2013
1 of the headset's broke in 2 weeks of using it. The behind the head part of the frame, broke in 1/2 and the sound broke so that all the sound, sounded like it was coming from a closet.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last too long, March 9, 2012
I never used the microphone. The left ear part stopped working after a month and right ear part stopped not too long after.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ripped off!!, February 3, 2012
I bought this to use for an on-line course I was taking. The headphone part worked great but the microphone part was absolutely TERRIBLE. What a waste of money. I had to go out and buy another one.

1.0 out of 5 stars they just didn't work with the iPhone as advertised?, September 20, 2011
Marty German "macs4e4" (Manchester, CT United States) - See all my reviews
I returned these instantly because they just didn't work as advertised, with my iPhone?

It's both in the advert as well as written on their packing ... "works with iPhone" but it's a lie!

Too bad? Had they worked, they were just what I wanted.

The buzzing, clicking noise from the microphone was horrible. I bought two pairs and both had exactly the same problem on two iPhones and an iPad, too! So, I connected them to my computer with the same results? I have no idea what their problem was but it made them unusable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Concept, Fragile, December 23, 2010
Linda (Medford, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
I used these heavily for about 6 months for use on cell phone conference calls. The sound quality was consistently good. They broke once putting them on and eventually the right ear stopped working. I liked that they only have one plug for a phone and an attaching cord with dual plugs for a computer. Other headsets I tried that were similar didn't work with all my calls, some people couldn't hear me and the inline muting button was cheap, and the dual plugs offered an extra dangling unneeded part. I'm buying another set of these until I find a better option.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Construction, November 18, 2010
I love the idea behind this headset. The fold up for convenient transportation, they have a plug designed for phone use, and they come with an adapter for the computer. The sound quality was fine and the microphone worked great. The issue is with the plastic that goes around the back of your head. I broke them just putting them on 4 times in 8 months. Each time I wrapped wire around the affected area and used epoxy to glue them back together. After the 4th time, the right earphone stopped working.

So overall I think the sound quality and idea were very good, but the material quality in the plastic was terrible. I would not recommend these because they will not last.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Ge Foldable Headset Voice Over Internet Protocol (Voip)
$14.99