Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 60" Folding Hitch Cargo Carrier Basket
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 60" x 19.5"|Change
Price:$99.99+ $35.00 shipping

on July 16, 2011
My wife, 2 boys, and I took a road trip from Oklahoma to D.C. We road trip every summer but with the boys growing so much, we needed some extra space in the ol' Pathfinder. I ordered this cargo carrier and assembly was quite simple, especially for someone like me. I also ordered the locking hitch so I didn't have to worry about theft.

We were able to fit 2 large suitcases and 1 large Nike bag on the carrier (1 suitcase laid down on one side, 1 suitcase sat vertical/straight up in the middle, and the bag was on the other side). The cargo carrier created so much room for my 2 boys and wife, they almost didn't know what to do! They were able to stretch out, watch movies, and even sleep comfortably while the "cargo" rode outside in the cargo carrier. I'm so glad I purchased it. I'm wishing I had bought one YEARS ago! But hey, this "CC" (as we called it) has plenty more miles and trips to go!

The CC also folds up easily and nicely and I never heard it rattle or make noise. I did use plenty of bungie cords to make sure my cargo wasn't going anywhere. Also, make sure you do make a Plan B in case of rain. I brought several 55 gallon trash bags and that did the trick.

I would highly recommend to anyone who loves "road-trippin" and would like some extra space in their vehicle to purchase this cargo carrier! I think my wife and boys would tell you to "get it so we have room to SLEEP!"
on August 21, 2011
Awesome! Strong. On the back of our 2011 Honda Odyssey. The rails make it easy to strap things down. This will not fold with a hidden/recessed hitch. the hitch has to be protruding from the bumper for the basket to clear the bumper when folded. No fault of the basket, but just something to be aware of of you have a hidden or recessed hitch. Goes in easy with two people. i can manage it by myself, though.
on June 28, 2014
The basket leans at a very noticeable angle. I thought it was just my imagination until all my friends have also noticed. I decided to take a leveler and checked it out and it was definitely not just a figment of my imagination. I first checked the level of the hitch receiver, the bar of the basket and then the basket. I went to Lowe's to buy some flashing to put between the bar and the trailer hitch receiver to make it level. Then I measured the basket and it was still at an angle. I will have to look for a wielder to fix the issue. It also started having some rust. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be rust free but I wanted to make you aware of all these issues I ran into.

Update Jan 2015:
If you look at the photo I posted, there is a gap where the pole is and where the metal is supposed to catch it. I should not be able to see between the two. The square bracket on top is supposed to catch the pole so that it would not sag. I ended up going to a local trailer shop to get it fixed. While waiting, they had similar baskets for the same price and I compared their basket. They had a bracket top stop the pole from going any further which was what this item failed to do.
After getting a wielder to fix it, it now sits approximately 2 inches higher from the ground. Before, when I placed coolers on it, it would sag even more and when I went over speed bumps, it would scratch the bottom. I notice some people have put reviews since my review and they seem to be very happy with it. I must have had a bad one along with a few other people that share my pain; this tells me the quality inspection is not there to make sure they are done right.
Go to your local trailer shop first because you will find it to be the same price as buying it here or maybe 10 - 20 more. Paying a wielder to fix the problem ended up costing more.
on March 18, 2015
When you're carrying everything but the kitchen sink inside the vehicle, there's room for the kitchen sink on the back.

I bought this to carry the luggage on the back so my 3 big golden retrievers have room to move about inside my trailblazer. But I've yet to use it to carry luggage. I have used it to carry a chest freezer and a storage shed (separate trips) between buildings more than a dozen miles apart. Strapped down securely, they didn't move around much and I couldn't hear any wind noise from them.

My only complaints: 1) when it's flat, it's a bit farther behind the truck than I'm happy with, 2) when it's folded, I cannot open the tailgate, and finally 3) the included reflective tape is fairly worthless. You're going to want to buy a couple of trailer lights or better reflective tape.

Update:
I've used it to carry luggage on several separate 200 mile jaunts without problems. One thing to keep in mind. If you use it in the winter, you'll want to rinse it off when you're done to get the salt off of it. When I took it out for a trip this summer, it was completely covered with salt from the previous trip. All the bolts were rusted.
on May 27, 2016
Because the predrilled bolt holes didn't quite line up, assembly was troublesome. Also, the tongue is too short to use the unit folded up with my 12" wide spare tire that mounts to my Jeep tailgate. This is an is so with Jeeps that renders the unit unable to lock up in the folded position. Lastly, the unit came with scratches in the finish.
on June 27, 2013
When my husband put this together we were missing 1 lock washer and the frame was crooked causing the basket to be lopsided when it was placed in the hitch. He had to loosen all the bolts and I sat on one end so he could tighten them back. After we got that to look as even as possible, we attempted to fold the basket and discovered the folding pin wouldn't go in the holes because the spacer on the basket arm was welded in crooked and would not allow the folding pin holes to line up. My husbad had to use a grinder to widen the pin hole so the pin could fit. I am sure this would be a great product if you get all the pieces and the workmanship isn't shotty. I didn't want to go through the trouble of sending it back so I can't speak to how the company may have responded. We just didn't have time to wait for a replacement.
on June 5, 2013
Needed this item for some extra cargo space when going south for the winter and this was just the item to provide it! Two large plastic tubs fit perfectly on this, just as we needed. We also were happy with how quickly this item arrived!
on January 9, 2011
I thought this bascket worked for me all right but there were some flaughs about it. i drive a jeep wrangler and carry my snowboards on it but they get all muddy by the time i get to the mountain but that might have been my fault for buying this type of basket i should have got one that is higher up and doesn't hang down so much. but i like it overall it works for me.
on May 5, 2014
Does not all fit quite right. I had to wallow out hole for pin to fit and will likely drill another hole so that the basket actually sits level instead if leaning down at an angle and hitting the road when going over a bump.
on July 8, 2015
Just as advertised. It does stick out a bit further than expected or I would like but that is to allow it to fold up when it's not being used. We had a large Rubbermaid container on it which fit nicely.