5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected
Published on July 2, 2011 by Tyler March

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the amount of money you spend.
We bought this as a bike my husband could ride off the subway. Delivered faster then expected which was great. Was easy to put together. Issues we have had (after a few weeks of owning) wheels dont want to stay aligned and one of the peddles broke. But overall I would say you get what you pay for. This is great for the price.
Published on February 5, 2011 by Kat

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, July 2, 2011
This review is from: New 26" Folding Mountain Bike Foldable Bicycle 6 SP Speed Shimano, Navy Blue Color
After reading some of the reviews on here I was skeptical about buying this bike, but it was cheap enough to gamble on so I purchased it anyway. Much to my surprise, this bike exceeded my expectations. I live in Manhattan and needed something very compact I could store in my studio apartment, so a non-folding bike wasn't even an option. I also didn't want one of those bikes with tiny 20" wheels. This was nice compromise. It's really easy to fold up and store up and out of the way. As for the performance, it's been great so far! I've probably done about 60-70 miles of riding around the city and I haven't had a problem. It even performs well going up hills. My only complaint is it's just a little small for me (because I'm tall, about 6'2") but there's no way I can own a full size bike and keep it inside without creating space issues. I bought a longer seat post and that makes a big difference, and now I can almost fully extend my legs. Also, I had to buy some tools after it arrived (about $20 total) to put it together, but assembly was easy. I also bought some new grips that are a little more comfortable ($10). Like other people mentioned, I probably wouldn't take this on a serious off-road trail. If you're looking for something to ride on a paved road that's easy to store and you don't want to spend a lot of money, then I highly recommend this bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very handy form of transport!, July 15, 2011
I got this bike about two months back and have used it at least a few times a week since for errands and commuting places both near and far. So far, so good! Let me start with one aside: the other reviews which state the bike seat is low are not kidding. This bike is for short people! (only reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5) I am a 5'8" lady and sometimes wish I had an extra few inches of seat post to work with, so I wouldn't recommend this bike if you are super tall. But because the bike comes ready to be assembled, you could probably find a longer seat post elsewhere and just install the seat on that instead.

Other than that, this bike is really everything advertised and more. I take it out on super-potholed streets and it doesn't flinch, and the folding mechanism is convenient, sturdy and allows for fast folding. Handling is great, really nice to have the larger wheels than most folding bikes. The other reviews which state things come loose over time must not have installed them correctly, as it's up to you to install everything when it arrives. If you know nothing about bikes, install everything and then ride to your local bike shop for a once-over tightening to be safe. (note: you will need a hex key set and adjustable wrench) The handlebars to have a certain looseness to them which allows the bar to be folded up for tight storage, but it does not get in the way of riding the bike at all, it just takes a second to get used to. For durability's sake, you would do well to find a storage spot for the bike which does not press up against the bike chain, as the chain guard is plastic and therefore slightly malleable.

Bonus, I ordered a black bike, as the matte blue was more expensive for some unknown reason, but they sent me a blue one anyway, must have read my mind! Also, it shipped far faster than promised. Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and would recommend it to anyone, especially for the excellent price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the amount of money you spend., February 5, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Ugh..., October 12, 2011
I will keep this review short and simple. I purchased the bike in July. I road it lightly to and from work (I work part-time). In October I was riding and the pedal broke off. I contacted the seller and they couldn't help me, as I had purchased it more than 30 days ago. So if you want a bike that lasts about 3 months, buy this bike!

3.0 out of 5 stars Train Rider, March 8, 2012
Diamond Dave (WATERVLIET, MI, US) - See all my reviews
I purchased the bike 2 weeks ago. I replaced the seat post because the one on the bike is too short for me. I'm nearly 6 feet tall. My bike didn't come with folding pedals. It came with regular pedals. The regular pedals are fine because they do not get in the way when you fold the bike. Unfortuneately, after the second time I road the bike, the right side pedal broke. I will have to replace both pedals now. I will be putting new handlebars on the bike. The original handlbars are too low for me. I have to lean over too much while I'm riding. My bike came with chrome rims and hardware. The bike in the picture has black rims and hardware. I would have preferred black. I had to work hard to adjust the brakes. The gears shift OK. Overall, it's not a bad bike for the money. It's a 26 inch bike. It folds and that's the main reason I bought it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, July 14, 2012
I live in the heart of NYC MIDTOWN and I just purchased this bike off of Craiglist for $210.00 (completley assembled w/ tools for miner adjustments) it was advertised for $330.00. When I rode it, I noticeed that the seat is very uncomfortable but I'm 6ft 375+ just joined a gym lost 28lbs and still losing...ummmm I was like dammm okay okay I know I need too loss weight but the handle bars are short also the seller heighten the seat to the MAX I need too reposition the seat for much needed comfort lets just say I'm not on the committee of little BUTTS... LOL the pedals are that hard industrial PLASTIC, I know that I will need Metal pedals... The frame is amazing it's STEEL.... furthermore the shock absorbors are great especially for pot holes love it.... So I'm taking it to my neighhood bike shop for adjustments.. Over all I am very very happy with my purchase.... Omg did I say it FOLDS UP....

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Customer Service, January 2, 2012
I bought this bike so I can get on the subway during rush hour. The bike came very fast, the back tire went flat after the first use and the pedal went bad. The seller provided super great customer service and replaced those items. I am very happy about this purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money..., March 10, 2012
I spent some time and effort trying to find an inexpensive folding bike to keep at work in case of an emergency. I thought this one would fill the bill. I was wrong. First, I am 6'4", 250 lbs. No way I can even ride it. The frame is so short and the seat post isn't close to being tall enough. The bike is barely even big enough for my wife (who is 5'5"). Second, the bike is full of easily broken, cheap plastic or cheap pot metal parts. The handle bars look like they will break the first time on the trail. The seat is essentially just a piece of plastic. The pedals are plastic. Even the crank is plastic! You get more value out of buying a bike at Wal-Mart for half the money. It gets two stars from me instead of one due to the decent Shimano shifter and decent aluminum rims. Bottom line, spend the extra money and get a Montague if you want a decent folding bike.

3.0 out of 5 stars It could be better., January 7, 2014
It works fine, but could be more well designed. The seat is lose and always goes down when we seat on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with upgrades, January 8, 2013
Bought this bike almost a year ago. I've made some adjustments and repairs, but stuck with it. It didn't come with a stem cap, so I added this one:

[...]
As other reviewers note, it is not large, so I added an extra long seat stem, which solved the problem:

[...]

The pedals do fold if you pull them out and then push them up. I didn't figure this out for months. I don't use them day to day because the pedals are quite low to the ground and sometimes will scrape when leaning in to a turn. I got some metal ones instead:

[...]

The piece of metal that serves as an axle for the pedals broke about 9 months in, and I also had it replaced.

Since this is a folding bike, it has an oval frame, and doesn't come with any braze ons for places you can affix water bottles and such. It's large and sturdy enough that I can pretty much forget that it is a folding bike most of the time. I just barely got it into the trunk of a camry, but wouldn't want to do that regularly. The problem with trunks is its thickness when folded. It will get into most back seats.

It has v-brakes (basically a kind of cantilever brake) which I think I also replaced.

Due to the lack of a chain guard, I've had to relubricate after about 6 months. A couple of the weldings looked dubious, but they've held together, so I have no cause to complain yet. I replaced the seat's quick release with a sturdy nut and screw and recommend you do the same for any of your bikes.

Ships unfolded (assembly required).