Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on April 30, 2012
I love this chair. It is great!! Comes in handy in Grocery waiting lines. I had a different kind before and it was a disappointment. The seat on this one is soft where on my old one the seat was hard. Also this one sits on 4 legs in place of 3 which makes it very sturdy. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has troubling standing for long periods of time. Plus it is very light.
22 comments91 of 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 1, 2012
With C.O.P.D. and severe arthritis I usually avoid visiting new locations unless I am assured that there is seating readily available. The Folding Cane Chair is a welcomed relief to my usual dilemma. I use a cane wherever I go, so that's nothing new. The light weight and padded handle won me over instantly. It has given me greater freedom to explore places and events I wouldn't have even considered before.

In addition to a basic three legged stool, a fourth one serves as a cane, protrudes about 3/4" below the others and provides extra stability when used as a chair. The seat capacity is 225 pounds. As a cane it works well on carpeting but has a tendency to "slip" on hard or polished surfaces. Taking a hint from another reviewer I took my cane chair with me to a big-box home store and found a rubber cap that would correct the problem.
11 comment78 of 80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2012
We bought this for my 86 year old mother. She loves it! It has made it easier for her to go more places because she can always take a little rest now. She takes it on her evening walk and can rest in-between. We were concerned it might be difficult to get back up after a rest but she said it is very easy to get back up. It is sturdy and easy to fold up and back down.
0Comment52 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 28, 2013
I liked the cane, purchased through Amazon, used it for a trip overseas as a handy folding seat as well as a cane. It was a little heavy, but the strap to sling it over my shoulder was good. However, I weigh only 115#, and in just over a year of using it only occasionally, the main stem of the cane has bent. I fear it could bend further or break if I use it as a cane, and with the bent main stem, it is no longer a stable 4-legged seat. Since more traveling is on my schedule, I will now have to purchase another. I bought it in July 2012, now it's Sept. 2013 - just 14 months of service. Seems a short life-span for a cane for a light-weight woman using it only occasionally. I'll add that I specifically found the comfortable canvas seat a good point, along with that handy shoulder sling, and am disappointed at being unable to find another with these attributes. It WAS perfect for me; too bad it didn't hold up in such short service.
0Comment67 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 1, 2013
So far it seems like a dependable seat-cane.
Pro: Seems sturdy. Opens and closes easily and is comfortable to sit on.
Con: Handle could be more ergonomic. I suggest ordering a 3/4" rubber cane tip and replacing the hard plastic tip that comes on the cane as soon as possible. The plastic tip slips easily on hard surfaces. The other 3 seat legs have slanted tips which helps the seat remain level.
0Comment59 of 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2012
I bought this so I have a place to sit as I interview patients in nursing homes. It's a must to have a portable and clean place to sit, even for short visits. I place the handle forward so I can rest my clipboard on it if I jot notes. It folds out quickly, and it is easy and light to carry. The hooked handle is perfect for hanging on the edge of my rolling chart rack. I would like an easier way to re-wrap the seat like a bungy cord because I have to use two hands to line up the velcro, etc. It is sturdy enough to hold this heavy nerd comfortably; notice it has four legs instead of three. Overall, a great purchase that has already paid for itself in not having to dry clean pants from sitting on dirty/soiled surfaces. It is awesome when what you envision works out just like you wished!
0Comment40 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 20, 2012
This is a great cane. It is light weight and sturdy product. I like the handle, which makes it easier to get up from the sitting position.
22 comments33 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Good construction, very sturdy, stable if on level surfaces, like pavement, concrete. I am tall, cane function limited as it cannot be adjusted for length. When folded, somewhat bulky, but not heavy.
11 comment24 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 6, 2014
This little gadget was a hit with my husband and his bad back throughout some of our South America trip. The strap attachment and chair seat screw was the first thing to go missing. We had that repaired in the Galapagos with leather and parachute cording to reattach the seat and strap. Then one leg bent and eventually broke and dumped him on his bohiney at Machu Picchu. Unfortunately, this was not repairable and we had to trash it there. My husband is not a huge man (180lbs.) and this chair is rated for much more weight. This cane chair was very easy to travel with by air, sea, car and bus which makes me give it three stars. If based on quality alone I would give it only one star...so very disappointing. I would love to see this item restructured and remarketed with better quality.
on October 19, 2014
The photos of this product fail to show what it looks like when it is collapsed to use as a cane. It's fine as a chair, but as a cane it is bulky and unsightly. My wife and I took this on a trip, thinking we would share the use of it--but we never used it and I doubt that we ever will. It doesn't really look like a cane, and it attracts too much attention--people wonder what it is.