5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Cane Chair

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory life span for product
Published 10 months ago by Beatrice Keeber

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Cane Chair, April 30, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
I love this chair. It is great!! Comes in handy in Grocery waiting lines. I had a different kind before and it was a disappointment. The seat on this one is soft where on my old one the seat was hard. Also this one sits on 4 legs in place of 3 which makes it very sturdy. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has troubling standing for long periods of time. Plus it is very light.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY BEST "NEW FRIEND", December 1, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
With C.O.P.D. and severe arthritis I usually avoid visiting new locations unless I am assured that there is seating readily available. The Folding Cane Chair is a welcomed relief to my usual dilemma. I use a cane wherever I go, so that's nothing new. The light weight and padded handle won me over instantly. It has given me greater freedom to explore places and events I wouldn't have even considered before.

In addition to a basic three legged stool, a fourth one serves as a cane, protrudes about 3/4" below the others and provides extra stability when used as a chair. The seat capacity is 225 pounds. As a cane it works well on carpeting but has a tendency to "slip" on hard or polished surfaces. Taking a hint from another reviewer I took my cane chair with me to a big-box home store and found a rubber cap that would correct the problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for seniors!, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
We bought this for my 86 year old mother. She loves it! It has made it easier for her to go more places because she can always take a little rest now. She takes it on her evening walk and can rest in-between. We were concerned it might be difficult to get back up after a rest but she said it is very easy to get back up. It is sturdy and easy to fold up and back down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy a Rubber Cane Tip, March 1, 2013
VoronNY (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
So far it seems like a dependable seat-cane.
Pro: Seems sturdy. Opens and closes easily and is comfortable to sit on.
Con: Handle could be more ergonomic. I suggest ordering a 3/4" rubber cane tip and replacing the hard plastic tip that comes on the cane as soon as possible. The plastic tip slips easily on hard surfaces. The other 3 seat legs have slanted tips which helps the seat remain level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great folding chair cane, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
This is a great cane. It is light weight and sturdy product. I like the handle, which makes it easier to get up from the sitting position.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sturdy Cane but a Sturdier Seat, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
I'd like to recommend this product, its a cane with an attachment that turns into a seat. I thought it'd be pretty uncomfortable but it seems to be quite stable for something so small. The cane is a good height and the legs don't seem to conflict with using the cane. The also really like the handle for the cane, its not like one of those cheap types its a strong rubber and feels good to hold. The only complaint I had was that I paid shipping for this, go to their official site and there may be free shipping at times or a discount.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase., December 28, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
Good construction, very sturdy, stable if on level surfaces, like pavement, concrete. I am tall, cane function limited as it cannot be adjusted for length. When folded, somewhat bulky, but not heavy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great portable clinical stool, October 18, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
I bought this so I have a place to sit as I interview patients in nursing homes. It's a must to have a portable and clean place to sit, even for short visits. I place the handle forward so I can rest my clipboard on it if I jot notes. It folds out quickly, and it is easy and light to carry. The hooked handle is perfect for hanging on the edge of my rolling chart rack. I would like an easier way to re-wrap the seat like a bungy cord because I have to use two hands to line up the velcro, etc. It is sturdy enough to hold this heavy nerd comfortably; notice it has four legs instead of three. Overall, a great purchase that has already paid for itself in not having to dry clean pants from sitting on dirty/soiled surfaces. It is awesome when what you envision works out just like you wished!

3.0 out of 5 stars Unsatisfactory life span for product, September 28, 2013
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
I liked the cane, purchased through Amazon, used it for a trip overseas as a handy folding seat as well as a cane. It was a little heavy, but the strap to sling it over my shoulder was good. However, I weigh only 115#, and in just over a year of using it only occasionally, the main stem of the cane has bent. I fear it could bend further or break if I use it as a cane, and with the bent main stem, it is no longer a stable 4-legged seat. Since more traveling is on my schedule, I will now have to purchase another. I bought it in July 2012, now it's Sept. 2013 - just 14 months of service. Seems a short life-span for a cane for a light-weight woman using it only occasionally. I'll add that I specifically found the comfortable canvas seat a good point, along with that handy shoulder sling, and am disappointed at being unable to find another with these attributes. It WAS perfect for me; too bad it didn't hold up in such short service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Darn good chair, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Folding cane chair - Walking stick with tripod stool
I recently had back surgery and am walking for exercise. I find I can walk much further if I can rest for a few minutes. The 4 legs make it very sturdy. Do wish it was a little taller.

Rate and Discover Movies