4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good
Published on July 13, 2011 by Matthew Blighton

2.0 out of 5 stars Burnt
Coffee tastes burnt. Terrible. I love dark roast coffee and I prefer espresso, but this stuff is gross. Used my french press to make and I couldn't add enough milk to cover the taste of burnt coffee. Won't buy again.
Published 20 months ago by NevrDies4gotn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty darn good, July 13, 2011
This review is from: Folgers Gourmet Supreme Ground Coffee, Deep & Full Bodied, Dark Roast, 27.8-Ounce Packages (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
I'll admit that for awhile I had the perception that Folgers was an 'old folks' brand which wouldn't taste nearly as good as the Starbucks blend I was buying. However I was having coffee at a friends house and when he served me this stuff I was pleasantly surprised. It is very rich and smooth with great flavor. I have now started buying this blend just because the price is so good compared to some of the other premium brands on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full flavored coffee with the convenience of delivery, February 18, 2010
Folgers Gourmet Supreme definitely has a bold flavor to it without being bitter. Smooth tasting with a punch. Using Subscribe & Save is the best way to go. I don't have to worry about running out. I pay slightly more than going to the store, but with gas prices as high as they are I am able to justify many of my grocery purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars hard to find in my locale, December 14, 2013
This is my favorite coffee. It is only sold in one store locally. The price there is cost prohibitive. I have found that the Amazon price is my best option for purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars smaller than the classic roast but flavor is better, June 27, 2014
i like folgers classic as its cheap at local market

i was doing the pantry as an experiment a

this is better coffee than the classic roast, richer flavor, stronger, use less to make more

still smaller bottle , would like a bigger amount

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee lover, May 21, 2014
Asked husband if he wanted a lighter flavor and he said no that he likes the dark flavored coffees that are offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always a great coffee., December 5, 2013
The Rao (Centerville, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Folgers' Columbia coffee is not available at the local grocery store, so I decided to use this route. Great price, and always available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, full bodied taste, August 9, 2013
I mix this with the Folgers Classic Decaf to make a perfect pot of half and half coffee! As usual, it is great to be able to find this on Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's better than Folger's in your cup?, February 16, 2012
Tammy Anderson (Spring Branch,TX) - See all my reviews
My husband was deployed to Afghanistan last year, and I sent this in one of his "care" packages. He, as well as the guys in the office loved it. The price was right too.

4.0 out of 5 stars inconsistent flavor, July 20, 2014
not a consistent flavor anymore... not sure it really ever had consistency from pot to pot. Sometimes the smell or taste is different as if there were a layer of different coffee in the can. IDK... I still like coffee, so I still get it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gourmet Taste on Soup Kitchen Budget, November 16, 2010
John N. Schëar "cxxi121" (Roanoke, Virginia United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
In a normal day we will drink two pots of Folgers in the morning and two in the afternoon followed by at least one during and after dinner. Would you say we have a drinking problem? Actually it is not a problem but more a habit of consuming a quality taste. When available those cups are filled with Gourmet Supreme. Sometimes it just is not available. Amazon has filled most of the empty holes for our coffee addition, however. Maybe it is just us but the coffee we have received from Amazon appears to be of a fresher nature and not stale as we have received from other grocers.

Even though we sincerely enjoy drinking this brand, we fault the producer for several matters. There are too many instances of ground stems in the contents. A rep from Folgers assured me that there were no stems in the coffee; however, coffee beans usually are dark brown and not in the shape of a ground light colored stem. Additionally, it seems as if almost all producers of most products are playing with the net weight of it packages. It used to be (dark age era) that a 16 ounce bag of coffee was a pound and no more. If I wanted a larger container I had a choice of buying several one pounders or a three pound bag. Most of the bags came as beans and I had to self grind it or get the clerk to do it for me. Not today. The large container here is 27.8 ounces today and we have no idea what it will be tomorrow other than the price will probably increase. Even the old pounder is now 13 ounces. I recall potato chips coming in a pound bag but today it's 10 ounces or 11.3 or some other amount of ounces. Each time it is with a price increase. My needs are simple: top quality coffee at soup kitchen prices with no fillers or constantly changing packages. If a price increase is needed because of fluctuating international markets then increase the price.

Regardless of my comments in the above paragraph I still find Folgers a quality brand and will continue using it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›