5.0 out of 5 stars Most important book you willown!
This man spent 40 years finding out the actual practical uses of Apple cider vinegar, honey and Lugo's Iodine. It can't get any easier or cheaper than this to become and stay healthy.
Published on September 25, 2008 by Chrystal Kay

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
The book was rated as being in good condition, however, it has a large stain on the cover and on some of the beginning pages. I would not have ordered it had I known of the stain
Published 10 months ago by Kirk Barocio

5.0 out of 5 stars Most important book you willown!, September 25, 2008
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
You can argue that people might get better because they believe something willhelp them. You can't say the same for animals! From cows, to chickens, from minks, to hunting dogs and of course for us humans there is nothing easier to do for good health for our selves and our children!
This book and it's sequel: Folk Medicine and Arthritis, give you an insite on the way our bodies work on the inside, in the blood and cells. You will learn more abou how we work and function than most doctors can (or will) tell you!
Great book!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars folk medicine, January 17, 2011
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
Great gift to give to those you love and care for! I make up a "starter gift pak" of 1) a jar of sage honey 2) Bragg's apple cider vinegar (best organic to buy) 3) jar of blackstrap molassses and 4) 3 different types of tea (Mango, Lemon, and green tea) to combine into a wonderfully tasty and nutritional drink for everyday health and, of course, 5) this great book. You can't read this book and not get excited about how the Vermonters and their animals attain and maintain health in such a beautifully simplistic natural manner. We now drink this tea as a ritual every morning and are amazed at the health benefit of well-being.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book I got from Amazon, May 5, 2011
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
This little book saved my life almost 49 years ago. I order a new one every once in a while to make sure I can find it and re read. This book also started me on a 49 year search for everything having to do with natural healing. I do believe it has as much to offer today as it did 49 years ago. I will buy more at a later date. Rev. Bern

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Reading, March 20, 2012
The main reason I picked up this book was because it was by a doctor in Vermont where I have family ancestry and where I spent many summers. It was quite interesting reading the old remedies of natural health care from years gone by. Many of the remedies are still good today. He talks a lot about apple cider vinegar and also discusses honey, honeycomb, lemon, kelp and castor oil and all the different things they are good for. The book was written long ago, but much of it is still relevant today. A must read for anyone interested in historic natural medicine. -- Valerie Lull

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this., March 11, 2014
I borrowed one of these books a year ago and have been following. Wanting my own copy, I naturally went to Amazon. This book has simple and sensible ideas for optimal health and wellness.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be in every household!, March 1, 2014
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
I grew up with this book in our house. It was almost like a bible to my mother. It is full of wisdom and common sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars Old standard, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
My mother had a copy of this book in the 1970's. This vinegar and honey thing has been around for a while. Think I'll try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Folk Medicine, September 23, 2013
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
Very interesting, now overlooked by the medical profession, information on health and healing. Just the section on Iodine is worth the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good common sense info., May 16, 2013
This review is from: Folk Medicine (Paperback)
Lots of good info. Written simply, easy to understand. Common sense stuff that down to earth folks can really use.

5.0 out of 5 stars old book, March 21, 2013
Written by old country doctor more than 50 years ago gives detailed benefit of the use of honey, Apple cider vinegar and other home remedy, that you might find helpful

Folk Medicine
Folk Medicine by D. C. Jarvis (Paperback - 1970)
Used & New from: $2.94