5.0 out of 5 stars Fab mice!
Published on March 16, 2007 by Just trying to help

2.0 out of 5 stars Yellow? Really? Disappointing.
Published on June 24, 2012 by Gentle Reader Jill

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab mice!, March 16, 2007
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
Folkmanis makes great looking puppets, and these mice are no exception. Plush products often have fairly inconsistent quality, but the four mice I ordered were all perfect. And these mice are just beautiful - among the nicest finger puppets I've ever seen. Being finger puppets, they are not very movable (these ones don't even bend very well), so all the action must come from gross movement. Most Folkmanis puppets are sufficiently stuffed that they could serve as traditional stuffed toys, with the added benefit of being puppets. I'm sure many children (and a fair number of adults) would greatly enjoy these mice even if they never once put them on a finger!

5.0 out of 5 stars Realistic, furry and fabulous, April 22, 2010
D. Harper (Bergen County, NJ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
I have added this terrific little mouse to my collection of Folkmanis animal puppets, and could not be happier. This little guy is yet another example of the realistic style that Folkmanis invests into many of their puppets, and also demonstrates the fine attention to detail and durability that I've come to expect. I bought the Folkmanis hooded rat when my first grandchild was born five years ago, and "he" has become a highly requested part of our live and and video visits. In fact, there have been times over the years when my grandson wanted nothing to do with me, but would talk to the rat with the bright eyes and quivering nose. With the arrival last week of a new baby, I thought it highly appropriate that "Ratsky" get a little brother as well. We'll see how "Baby Squeakers" goes over when I make the cross-country trip this weekend to visit in person. As this mouse is a finger puppet, his body is naturally not as expressive as the larger puppets, but his realism makes up for that shortcoming. As far as I'm concerned, he's already a winner, and another welcome addition to the family.

UPDATE - 18 MONTHS LATER: Still five stars. I wrote the original review a year and a half ago, and since then have taken the mouse (and rat "big brother" puppet across country multiple times. They're holding up very well. The older grandson was very taken with "Baby Squeakers," although as he's turned 7, he's requesting the puppets less frequently. Luckily,grandson #2 is getting old enough to interact with the puppets, and thinks they're a blast.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yellow? Really? Disappointing., June 24, 2012
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
I have other Folkmanis finger puppets (weasel, flying pig, toad, hedgehog, and others). They're all lovely, despite often arriving rather squished and needing their fur fluffed up a bit, so I was shocked when this one arrived with a problem I can't fix by fluffing: the color. Unlike the photo, the one I received isn't tan or mousy brown; its fur is a slightly-orange yellow with coffee-brown roots. At first glance the effect seemed slightly green in places. A pale-yellow tail reinforces the yellow effect. I tried to convince myself the tail is cream, but it's yellow.

Many things about this mouse are delightful. The texture of the fur, for example, is charming. I want to love this puppet, but the color is so wrong that I can't get accustomed to it. I think I'll have to return it and try the white mouse. :( Pity, because I really liked the mouse shown in the photo.

Mine may just be an odd dye lot, but in case it's not, I thought I'd warn others not to set your hearts on the color of little brown mouse in the photo, which would be easy to do because odd colors aren't characteristic of the realistic Folkmanis puppets. In my experience, they typically use fabric creatively to achieve amazingly realistic effects.

However, if you know what to expect before it arrives, and are willing to be flexible about color, you'd probably find this mouse finger puppet altogether satisfactory.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, April 9, 2008
Aunt Red Eye (PA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
I love Folkmanis puppets! I used them in our church and have bought several "just because." This little guy looks very real and is well made. He can be played with by children or set on a shelf as part of a display. Very good value!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Mouse?, March 8, 2013
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
My 4yo likes brown mice, he even thought this mouse "looked bad".

What I was hoping to get based on the picture: A perky little brown mouse with pink ears and tail and stiff little whiskers. Inquisitive looking little fellow.

What I got: A yellow-and-black mouse with squishy cream ears and a fuzzy yellow braided tail with a poof of loose threads on the end. Thick string whiskers.

Eh.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cuter in the picture, June 21, 2012
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
The color is kinda of mottled... Orange, brown and black color. I think a nice gray with a white belly would be much cuter. The whiskers are flaccid and set too far back giving a ratty appearance. The ears need to be pushed forward to give them a fuller Mickey Mouse look rather than a sleeked back, angry rat look. Tail is literally a piece of beige string. Not horrible and certainly worth the $3 but it looks much cuter in the picture.

2.0 out of 5 stars the tail is a piece of string, people!!, April 7, 2012
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
It's a cute little mouse puppet, but the tail is just a piece of unfinished string. They could at least have used some fake leather or something, but we're talking shoelace material. Looks very cheap. I was very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hillarious Toy, August 20, 2010
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
I play puppet toys with my daughters and we have a stuffed cat and dog, so, the mouse was something that I had to buy for them to complete their collection. The toy is durable (not as a dog toy though), but I think that puppet tricks can be very beneficial to little kids so that they can spark their imagination and tell goofy stories that are different every day. Have fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars VEry nnice little mouse, May 24, 2010
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
Im an adult and collect mice.This is perfect for children to play with,to teach with or just to look at..I was so surprised at how well made this little one is..im going to get more of this collection.EXCELLENT.B.W.

3.0 out of 5 stars Image shows brown fur, I got gold fur., February 23, 2013
This review is from: Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet (Toy)
A bit disappointed with this toy. I thought it would be a lot smaller and it's the size of a rat.
The image shown in Amazon shows nice brown fur, the one I got was mostly gold fur. And the one I got wasn't as mouse looking as this cute little fellow in the sales image. I gave the toy to my cats.

Folkmanis Mini Field Mouse Finger Puppet