5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tiger Woods book yet
Published on November 13, 2008 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars About golf, major disappointment
Be warned: "Tailing Tiger for All 604 Holes" is about golf. The review "Tiger Woods and his swinging club" was very misleading.

I'm giving this a 3 and not a 1 because the book itself is actually well written, albeit on a subject I'm not interested in at all.
Published on December 23, 2009 by W. Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tiger Woods book yet, November 13, 2008
Jon (Lexington, KY) - See all my reviews
I am a golf book collector with over three hundred golf books in my home and many of those are about Tiger Woods. I can honestly say Follow The Roar is the best book i have ever read on the man and gives you a great perspective of the fans that love and admire Tiger Woods so much. It also recaps one of the greatest seasons Tiger Woods has ever had including his unbelievable victory at the US Open from a fans stand point inside the ropes. From Torrey Pines, to Dubai, to Arizona, to Florida, to Georgia and ending at Torrey Pines this book takes you along for Tigers entire 2008 season which included 5 worldwide wins. Great book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book, December 27, 2008
Matt Owens (Chiang Mai, Thailand) - See all my reviews
When I first heard of this book I was afraid that it would be a shot by shot account of Tiger Woods year. After purchasing this book I was quickly delighted to find that it wasn't.

To me, the book is as much about Mr. Smiley as it is Tiger Woods. Its going to the tournaments that Tiger is playing in, and the people that he meets along the way rather than just the 185 yard 6 iron in Dubai. This, along with a witty narrative keeps this book going wonderfully all the way to the finish.

This is a wonderful book and I would recommend it for people that 1. Love golf, and/or 2. Love and/or admire Tiger Woods, and/or 3. Have a sense of humor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining Read, November 16, 2008
This review is from: Follow the Roar (Kindle Edition)
This book is a must for the golf fan - or any dedicated sports fan for that matter. Yes, the book is about Tiger's season, but the real story is the entertaining, season long adventures of the ultimate golf fan - Bob Smiley! Read this and prepare to laugh. The book is entertaining, educational, and a keeper.

3.0 out of 5 stars About golf, major disappointment, December 23, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Book; Great Gift, November 24, 2008
I was first drawn to Follow the Roar because it was written by a classmate of my daughter. Oddly, I found that Bob Smiley had many of the same feelings about Tiger that I have had. In an effort to root for the underdog, I looked for every reason to dislike Tiger. As I read this book, it brought to the forefront the subtle change in my feelings about Tiger. Yeah, we all want to see the average Joe have his day, but Tiger is so darn good it is hard to not be won over by him. Bob makes this an easy and enjoyable read, while sometimes making fun of himself for things we have all thought or done. A fun book that will be a great gift for your golfer friends.
Eleanor Renshaw, Ventura, Ca

5.0 out of 5 stars Three equal parts: Incredible Season, Intriguing Athlete, Adventurous Travelogue, November 18, 2008
M. Forrest (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
As a nominal golf fan, I picked up this book with skepticism: could 300 pages of hole-by-hole coverage capture my attention? To my surprise Bob Smiley's international escapades not only kept me reading, but Follow the Roar is quite the page turner. The story is not just Tiger but a traveling memoir in celebration of fandom. At the centerpiece of this great story is one of the greatest seasons of the best golfer ever. Smiley's perspective and Tiger's greatness through adversity create a great read for any sports fan. I've already purchased copies as gifts for my dad and the president of the organization I work for, both avid golfers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing read, December 3, 2008
What a trip! Though I am not a golfer, I have long held an admiration for Tiger Woods' finesse with his chosen sport. To be able to walk his 2008 journey with him. and laugh all the while at Bob Smiley's adventures makes this book a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 21, 2008
D. Smolarek (Chicago, IL USA) - See all my reviews
Follow the Roar chronicles Tiger's every move and gives the reader a unique perspective on golf's most famous current player, Tiger Woods. Easy to read and full of details, this is a great book to add to your golf collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun inviting read, February 27, 2009
My wife and I visited her family out of state this past Christmas, and as a gift my wife bought me this book. From Christmas morning on, my wife and her family did not really get to talk to me very much, as my nose was buried in this enjoyable book.

Bob Smiley's everyman tone and the inviting nature he displayed during his escapades, make this book one that is easy to embrace and identify with. I felt like I walked the courses with him, except without the uncomfortable side effect of soreness.

Although I enjoy both, I am neither an avid reader nor golf fan. However, this book easily held my interest. One can go through this book as quickly or as slowly as desired and get a satisfying experience either way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, very well written., June 17, 2009
When I first bought the book, I bought it online, so I had no idea what the background was of the book. I had heard of the author from various articles on ESPN.com, so I thought what the heck. Now, I'm a little bias, as I'm a huge Tiger fan, but I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed it because it wasn't a shot by shot detail book, I really liked the travel stories and what it was like to follow Tiger for the entire season. A very great read for any golf enthusiast and I think even a non-Tiger fan can appreciate this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›