Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 30, 2011 8:25:37 PM PDT
Brian says:
Did anyone else find it strange how the font size changed half way through the 1st book? Around Chapter 18 it goes a few sizes down.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 7:52:38 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 4, 2011 7:54:31 AM PDT
Page Turner says:
I did notice and am wondering what can be done about it. I thought it was strange the font was so large at first but figured since the books are more for youth, it mimicked the book's actual paper layout. At location 3051-60 There was a drastic change and it is making me angry. I feel that Amazon should fix the file and replace the files to those of us who have bought them.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 4, 2011 8:15:53 AM PDT
Page Turner says:
Oh and then later at the beginning of Part III it goes back to being in the large font. WTH.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 10:35:12 AM PDT
I have the same issue. The font is really large. It is extremely annoying.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 11:08:09 AM PDT
Brian says:
Here is my solution. If the size is not to your liking and you are reading on a Kindle, click the Aa (located to the right of the space bar). It will open up the font options and you can make the size smaller or larger. I didn't know about this until I finished the Hunger Games. Hope this helps until Amazon gets the publisher to fix this.

Posted on Oct 1, 2011 11:10:34 AM PDT
That does help. Thanks

Posted on Dec 2, 2011 9:25:55 AM PST
Has anyone else had problems with whole pages just being blank. I ran into this multiple times in all 3 books of the trilogy. I was able to get the story even without them but it was very annoying especially in the last book when so much was going on.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011 1:04:46 PM PST
Page Turner says:
Part of the issues happen within the same page and I shouldn't have to change my overall font size from what I have set up to be the standard.

Posted on Dec 9, 2011 10:17:54 AM PST
Travis H says:
Have the same problem on the Kindle Touch. Bought the book on 11/27/11. The font changes size. Kind of annoying.

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 7:27:16 PM PST
a7xgemini says:
So is it worth it your guys opinion to buy all 3 books seperate on Kindle or just buy the trilogy and deal with the font issues?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2011 6:22:45 AM PST
Page Turner says:
I was told by customer service that they are waiting in the publisher to correct it and when it happens, I will receive the corrected issue. It will just depend on if you can handle the waiting.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 13, 2012 7:45:42 PM PST
Yes it was very irritating. Sometimes the font was so big, you had to back away from it, ... then the next page was so small, you needed high powered reading glasses.

Posted on Feb 3, 2012 7:22:39 PM PST
Bookworm says:
I had the same issue. I just adjusted the font size as I was reading. I also reported it as a formatting issue by clicking the link at the bottom of the product page. If others do that as well, maybe an updated version will come out. If so, Amazon will email owners with instructions on how to download the newest version (for those who are unaware).

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 7:50:12 PM PST
John Smith says:
Font size seems like it's 2 sizes too big on my Kindle 3. Paging backwards randomly makes the font change to standard size. I can't believe Amazon let me buy an ebook that has been broken since July 2011. Luckily, Amazon lets you return a kindle book within 7 days of purchase.

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 9:05:35 PM PST
Have these issues been taken care of? I would like to buy the trilogy together, as it is a better deal. Any advice?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2012 4:23:15 AM PST
Page Turner says:
I was informed by customer service that a request was given to the publisher for fixing. That those people who had purchased it with the errors would be contacted for the updated version to be downloaded. I have not yet been contacted by anyone. My best guess is it had not been fixed yet.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 8:59:40 PM PDT
Still seeing font size problems on a copy bought on 3/12/2012. I hope they fix this before I finish the trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 22, 2012 6:12:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2012 3:19:45 PM PDT
D. W. Horne says:
Yea, I just started the trilogy and had the same or similar problem. I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone with this.

Posted on Mar 30, 2012 3:45:11 PM PDT
maryfred says:
Bought and read the trilogy within the last week and had no problems with font size, maybe the problem is fixed or I was just very lucky!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 3:12:34 PM PDT
Monkey's Mom says:
Is anyone still experiencing issues with the font and/or blank pages in the trilogy copies? I am interested purchasing it instead of separate issues, but won't if there are still problems. Thanks!

Posted on Apr 18, 2012 9:42:34 PM PDT
@ Monkey's mom, I am still trying to decide if it is worth it. I get mixed comments. Some have problems and some seem to not have any. The price has gone up to 18 vs 13 though! Any advice Amazon? Are you going to get the problem fixed?

Posted on Apr 21, 2012 5:41:19 AM PDT
The sample of the triolo does the same font issue. Even after adjusting the font size to the smallest when I normally read on the 3rd or 4th size if finally felt right. After just going from page to page it would change again. Ill her this after I read a few other books but will advlod this version unless its fixes.

Posted on Aug 13, 2012 9:24:58 PM PDT
The same problem here, it's annoying!!! Somebody know where can I contact support service to make other request for fix it?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 24, 2012 5:22:44 PM PDT
Can't believe that you did not know about this. That's why you get a manual and all that. However, that is really beside the point. The key is that one should not be chasing the Aa button at all. We spent our money expecting that the "Kindle / Publisher" people deliver a professional product. I imagine that the nook version also vacuums.

Posted on Sep 20, 2012 6:54:14 AM PDT
S. McNulty says:
I don't know when it came out, but CS just told me this book has been updated. You can go to http://amazon.com/manageyourkindle to get it. Just change the "View" filter at the top of the page from "All Items" to show only the books that have updates available and from there you can download the new version.

On the plus side, the magical font size problem seems to be fixed and each chapter header now includes the little graphics from the print edition. On the down side, the entire ebook is now double spaced much like the print edition, which looks pretty goofy on a kindle and means you'll need to advance the page roughly every 7 seconds. Sometimes you just can't win.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Jul 30, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Hunger Games Trilogy
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
4.7 out of 5 stars   (8,130)