Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Food Album” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 66% off the $7.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Top Customer Reviews
The album opens with "Fat" (an outrageous spoof of Michael Jackson's "Bad), then goes on to "Lasagna" (spoof of "La Bamba") - which is pretty funny, as Al sings about the value of Italian food. There's also "The White Stuff" detailing the joy of cookie filling, "The Rye or the Kaiser (Theme from Rocky XIII)" telling what happened after the last one, and tons of other hilarious songs. Of course, there's also "Eat It" (another Jackson spoof - "Beat It"), which is very funny as well.
What can I say? "Weird Al" is a comedic genius and never fails to make me laugh. "The Food Album" is perfect for beginning Al fans, but die-hard fans will no doubt already have most of the songs.
1. Fat (parody of Michael Jackson's "Bad" from album Even Worse)-5/5
2. Lasagna (parody of Los Lobos' "La Bamba" from album Even Worse)-4.5
3. Addicted to Spuds (parody of Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love from album Polka Party!)-5
4. I Love Rocky Road (parody of Joan Jett's "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" from album "Weird Al" Yankovic)-5
5. Spam (parody of "Stand" by REM from album UHF-Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Other Stuff)-3.5
6. Eat It (parody of Michael Jackson's "Beat It" from album In 3-D)-5
7. The White Stuff (Parody of New Kids on the Block's "The Right Stuff" from album Off The Deep End)-4.5
8. My Bologna (Parody of the Knack's "My Sharona" from album "Wierd Al" Yankovic)-4
9. Taco Grande (Parody of Gerardo's "Rico Suave" from album Off The Deep End)-5
10. Theme From Rocky XIII (Parody of Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger" from album In 3-D)-5
Notably, all these are parodies. Also, if Weird Al made an updated version of the Food album, it would no doubt contain all of these tracks, as well as these additional tracks (in addition to "Girls Just Want To Have Lunch"):
1. Livin' In The Fridge (Parody of Aerosmith's "Living on the Edge" from album Alapalooza)
2. Waffle King (Original from album Alapalooza)
3.Read more ›
cd come in at about #4. It is a good compilation of his food songs which are some of his best songs. After hearing My Bologna
and The White Stuff, My Sharona and The Right Stuff really stink. The songs that get me laughing the most are: Spam, The White Stuff and Taco Grande. But they are all good. If you don't
already have any Weird Al cd's make this the first and if you
have Weird Al cd's but not this one then be sure to buy a copy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The food album is one of the best albums EVER! And it's totally danceable!!!!!Published 18 months ago by Roz
I chose this rating for I laugh when I listen
I would recommend this cd to anyone with humor about food in mind
Although I loved him long before that, saw him already and this was the first album I got when I was 8, though I had listened to it before my allowance... lol. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Alána Lugosi
My mom and I used to listen to this album on cassette twenty years ago... and it is just as good, just as funny now!Published 23 months ago by Tavan Black