5.0 out of 5 stars Great Magazine! And, FAST shipping!
I bought this subscription a couple of weeks ago as a Christmas gift for my Mom and she already received it! And, it's GREAT! She LOVES it. The magazine has everything in it from easy recipes to interviews with stars and chefs. It has little articles on tips and tricks for your home and even "green" cooking and decorating ideas. I was super surprised how great the...
Published on December 26, 2008 by D. Shields

3.0 out of 5 stars Great packaging
This magazine is packaged very well for the casual reader. I would term it more as a Food Network Magazine than a recipe digest as some people might expect it to be. Yes, there are some recipes but its more about cooking tools (pretty expensive ones at that), fancy gear, insight into Food Network chefs, book promotions and then a few recipes.
Don't take me wrong, I...
Published on June 23, 2009 by R. Parthasarathy

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Depends on your Tastes with Below Average Delivery, December 7, 2011
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
I gave this Magazine as a gift to my fiance, she enjoyed the magazine, but felt it was average at best. The recipes were good, but not outstanding and the articles seemed general and did not have a lot of depth considering who was suppose to be representing the magazine. Now being the Food Network and using that brand may be what they are targeting, something to try and cover a little of everything instead of being more focused and in depth. It was not a bad magazine just not a outstanding one in her experience.

I won't be renewing for her, but the main reason isn't the overall magazine as there were nuggets here and there, but because of the delivery. The issue she enjoyed the most, was the Thanksgiving issue...which arrived a month late and to late for her to even try some of the recipes she was interested in...unless we try them next year. Also we received two copies one month and skipped two other months. just very inconsistent and not worth having to follow-up or wonder if you will get a holiday issue in time for the holiday.

Many may enjoy this magazine if you are looking for something a bit more generic with just a few nuggets here and there, but there are other more comprehensive, in depth and interesting magazines out there we are going to try a subscription to this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars A different direction, December 6, 2010
I bought this for my wife but I look at it too. It is not your usual cooking magazine but seems to come from a different direction addressing normal type dishes -no weird stuff. Very informative and varied. A solid publication.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicely Done Food Magazine for The Masses, August 26, 2009
Music Lover (Rhode Island, USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the first issue and have every issue now that I subscribe. This is a very well done food/lifestyle magazine for the everyday guy or gal who loves to cook. I've tried a few of the recipies and all came out great. I wish this publication featured more of Jamie Oliver because I love the way he cooks - - that's my only gripe. If you like to cook and you are not an extremely experienced cook, you'll like this magazine. I hope it's around for a long time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Colorful, fun recipes even if not all are big hits, April 16, 2009
Ellrworld (Tehachapi, CA) - See all my reviews
I've already tried several recipes out of the 133 listed in the new slick Food Network Magazine. My family loved Bobby Flay's veggie meatloaf with balsamic glaze, they liked Paula Deen's white bean chili and Cat Cora's crispy baked "fried" chicken. They also really like Michael Chiarello's quick bolognese even though I didn't make the pasta from scratch. (Just don't have the time for that, people.)

The magazine presents a great opportunity to try out new recipes with some fresh, not-so-common ingredients. Not all recipes have been hits with my family, but they've now been exposed to pine nuts, collard greens, and kosher salt. Just wait until I pop the Moussaka on them! Need to find kefalotiri--salty Greek cheese--first though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, LOVE this magazine!, April 1, 2009
As a working mom of two I always feel like I don't have enough time or energy to get truly inspired in the kitchen. This magazine has revitalized and inspired me! It has a beautiful, useful layout, a great variety of recipes, and seems truly practical and creative at once. Best food magazine out there! Don't waste your time with this others, this magazine has what you need, including quick delivery. I got my first issue just a couple weeks after ordering it. My only beef is that I wish it were a twelve, rather than ten issue a year magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the Recipe Index!, January 21, 2009
Love this magazine!

In addition to all of the beautifully displayed recipes, one of the most useful things about this new magazine is that there is a Recipe Index in the front of each issue.

What's unusual about this recipe index is that there are little thumbnail pictures of each prepared recipe and they are arranged by categories, like "Appetizers and Snacks." This makes it so easy to reference old magazines and easily find favorite recipes. What a great idea!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, January 6, 2009
I'm very pleased with this magazine. It shipped fast and has lots of good recipes for me to try. Food Network is my favorite channel and now I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite magazine too. Try it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome magazine, horrible subscription service., September 23, 2011
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
I am a big Food Network fan and I really love this magazine also. The problem I have is that I kept wondering where my new issues where and why I saaw them at the grocery store several weeks before I recieved them in the mail. Very late arrival and missing issues made me decide to cancell my subscription to a magazine that I really loved. Not sure who is at fault but, they ruined a good thing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Autorenewal harrassment, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (1-year auto-renewal) (Magazine)
Be careful with this company. They have cards for subscribing and claim you commit to auto renewal. They start sending renewal notices early. Then they send notices from their Invoicing Bureau with green stickers printed on them to look like certified mail through the post office. No way to mark "NO" on the invoice. No phone number. I found a phone number on contacthelp.com which gives numbers that are hard to find for companies like Hearst.

The agent on the phone was very insistent she had our autonewal document in front of her. Happy to cancel but did not seem to understand how underhanded their pushy tactics are. Her supervisor later admitted they did not have a copy of agreement to autorenew because I asked her to send me a printout.

Bad company.

Note the magazine is good if you like the type of food content. But dealing with the pressure and difficulty to cancel from HEARST is unnecessary.

Note the warning below the subscription for AMAZON above includes and automatic renewal notice to which you are committing. AMAZON says you can cancel through them. I've found AMAZON to always be honest to their customers. Maybe their cancelling will avoid HEARST magazine's heavy handed techniques.

4.0 out of 5 stars loaded with ads, January 13, 2011
Capon (Columbus, Ohio) - See all my reviews
recipes are ok. Pictures are polished. articles are well presented and organized. However way too many advertisements.

‹ Previous | 1 2 353 | Next ›

Food Network Magazine (1-year auto-renewal)
$45.00 $15.00