5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Digital Delivery App For My Favorite Magazine
Published on February 3, 2012 by SpoiledMom

1.0 out of 5 stars Food Network Magazine kindle and paper subscriptions
Published 19 months ago by app fan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Digital Delivery App For My Favorite Magazine, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Food Network Magazine is one of my favorite recipe magazines. Every issue is loaded with step by step recipes, colorful photos, chef bio's, their tips, and fave dishes. That is just a sampling of this magazine's extensive content. While the printed issue is delicious to peruse and a lovely addition to any recipe / cookbook collection, the digital version is just as excellent. After my monthly delivery, if I want the "print" edition for my collection I simply purchase it at my local grocer. --the only two I have so far were the November and December 2011 editions, for obvious holiday recipes.-- Also, through wi-fi, I can easily print any desired recipe and/or article.

Some reviewers have complained about the extra cost of the digital issue in addition to the yearly subscription. Myself, I prefer this option on several of my subscriptions. Being an avid and multiple magazine subscriber, the best benefit of Amazon's pay per month or issue option, is that I no longer have magazine clutter. This option is best utilzed for those magazines you do not currently have a yearly subscription. I have yearly subscriptions that offer the "free digital editions" and honestly, it seems redundant. The advantage being all of my magazines are on my Kindle Fire, ready and available at a moments notice. Also great for those long doctor's office waits, kids' track training, etc.. Convenience is about the only pro to "paid print/free digital" in my opinion. Two examples would be Entertainment Weekly and People Magazine. The previous "extra content" available on the digital editions has become almost non-existent. I received my subscriptions to each magazine several years ago at an amazingly reduced price through auto-renewal, before digital apps became available. I would never consider cancelling either subscription due to the price alone. However, I now have two exact copies of each magazine. Some weeks I share my print issues with friends.

One magazine I enjoy the print along with digital issue is All You. I use the print version for the monthly coupons which leaves some of the articles/recipes destroyed after clipping the coupons. By having the digital copy, problem solved.

While I will always prefer an acutal magazine, and book, in my hands, I thoroughly enjoy Amazon's digital delivery and the monthly or current issue option. The monthly option, even on weekly magazines, is less expensive than purchasing the print edition weekly, monthly, or even yearly, without a subscription.

Some readers are also confused as to how long an issue remains on your Kindle Fire. While Amazon states older issues will be deleted for your convenience, with the 7 most recent issues being saved, these settings can easily be changed:
From the carousel, touch and hold magazine of choice, an option box will appear with settings: add to favorites, remove from carousel, delete, and keep. Touch "keep" to ensure magazine of choice will not be deleted. Afterwards, you will notice the magazine you chose to "save" will have a digital "earmark" at the top right hand corner of the magazine denoting your "save".

To view past weekly/monthly digital deliveries, touch and hold until the option box appears, choose "show all issues" to view previous issues.

I hope these tips are useful and allow you to enjoy your digital deliveries even more.

1.0 out of 5 stars Food Network Magazine kindle and paper subscriptions, January 12, 2013
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I have many subscriptions to magazines and find it ridiculous that you have to pay twice to view Food Network magazine and that the kindle edition is two weeks behind the paper edition.My other magazines are available the same day as they are issued at the newsstand.It is a no brainer in our digital world that paying once should be adequate. If I can watch Netflix on my desktop,laptop,phone or kindle for the same fee why shouldn't' I also be able to view a magazine the same way? I will most likely cancel my paper subscription because I feel like we are being ripped off by the Hearst Company.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in kindle delivery, June 18, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I loved being able to read this magazine on my kindle, but cancelled my subscription after 2 months because new issues would come out in the stores weeks before it would ever download to my kindle. If I'm paying for a digital subscription, I expect to get my copy no later than the first day it is available in stores.

1.0 out of 5 stars E issue delay, May 13, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
The kindle issue takes 2 weeks longer to download then the paper issue. Hope its corrected soon. I am about to cancel my subscription.

2.0 out of 5 stars Are magazine companies are greedy?, April 7, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I have 2 magazines that I read, This old House and Food Network. I would love to get both on my Kindle. This Old House allows you to download an electronic copy to the Kindle as part of the subscription price.... Food Network does NOT! If a good food mag comes along and includes a digital version included in the price, I'm jumping ship. Food Network mag is not THAT good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Horrible on Kindle Fire, May 9, 2012
Jeni "Jeni" (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Got this and cancelled in 1 day. Was unable to read in the standard way. When trying to enlarge screen, you then couldn't easily read the page. Then some pages were turned on the side and then unable to rotate to read it.

I would not recommend this to anyone with ereader. Can't wait to get it in hardback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful magazine on my Kindle Fire HD, December 6, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I've been subscribing to this magazine for a few years now. But they seen to pile up when they come in the mail. I finally realized that I'm so reliant on my Kindle Fire, that I wasn't getting around to reading the paper mag. So I decided to give it a try on my Kindle instead.

THIS IS FANTASTIC.

I can't believe how easy it is to navigate through the pages and the articles. And the photos look fantastic on the Kindle Fire HD screen. I might not be as happy if I had the smaller Kindle, but on the 8.9" screen, it's really nice.

One feature that surprised me was that I could double-tap an article and have the plain-text version display on the screen for reading. That makes it even simpler to read.

If you have a Kindle Fire and you love the Food Network Magazine, I highly recommend trying the digital version.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does what it says!, January 24, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Bad reviews because the app is not what's expected is unfair. This is supposed to be an app independent of a previous print subscription ...while the amazon app store does have some that are for magazines that you already have print subscriptions to this is not. Please review apps as they are for. Also you get a 15 day free trial anyway so what's the issue?
Unrelated to my review is the fact that the amazon app store does not offer both types of apps for each magazine. That would really be helpful. Some magazines I would rather just have a kindle subscription and no print one at all and unfortunately this is not an option.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stop Charging Extra for Digital Version, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
I have a subscription to the Magazine and I am sorely dissappointed that they are charging me for digital delivery. I like having the option to read either the print version or the digital version. Many reputable magazines (People, Time...) include the digital version with your print subscription, but Food Network does not. I refuse to pay twice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't do it!, November 5, 2012
This review is from: Food Network Magazine (Kindle Edition)
Do not waste your time or money on this magazine, especially if you plan on reading it on a Kindle! The formatting is horrible. It doesn't read well, a bunch of the pages are sideways and can't be turned to correct it, and the pages don't even fill the screen!

I don't think I've ever seen a magazine with so many ads, takes up 75% of the content!

I'm so glad this was a 30 day FREE trial, I would never pay actual money for this! Stay away!!!

Food Network Magazine