5.0 out of 5 stars The Food of the Philippines
This book help me a lot and it's very encouraging to see a picture of what you'll be cooking so you know how it would look like. It has a substitute ingredients too, if you can't find some oriental ingredients. I recommend this to people who love to cook Asian foods. The best so far with the Filipino recipe books that I've used.
Published on May 15, 2001 by Arlene Steenkolk

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty pictures...
Published on January 8, 2005 by Lucy Stoner

5.0 out of 5 stars The Food of the Philippines, May 15, 2001
This review is from: Food of the Philippines (Food of the World Cookbooks) (Hardcover)

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee Table Cookbook, January 19, 2005
Zaba9901 (Bossier City, LA) - See all my reviews
This book has great food photography, but as another reviewer stated it is mostly a "coffee table" book. My wife is a Filipina, and she says that Alejandro has taken most of his recipes from his older books and "recycled" them into this one. If you want "hands-on" Philippine recipes, this may not be what you are looking for. It is a great book if you only collect cookbooks but don't use them much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply delicious, January 10, 2003
A very good book that not only provides a history on Philippine cuisine, but a surprisingly comprehensive collection of favorite Filipino dishes that is simple to follow.
If you are looking for a book about Filipino dishes, you won't go wrong with this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars pretty pictures..., January 8, 2005
Lucy Stoner "gds." (Chicago suburb, IL) - See all my reviews
I am always looking for good Filipino cookbooks. I was delighted to find this while I was browsing until...I looked through the book. It has pretty pictures, it definitely made me think of the Philippines. But I was hoping for a more substantial cookbook, one with more recipes, one I can actually use as a cookbook. This is more of a coffee table book, made to tantalize and not quite functional. It has pretty pictures...

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it!, July 16, 2013
Most ingredients are easy to find however the flavors are very unique. Give it a try . It is the next great Asian cuisine to enchant America.

Food of the Philippines (Food of the World Cookbooks)
Food of the Philippines (Food of the World Cookbooks) by Reynaldo G. Alejandro (Hardcover - March 15, 1999)
Used & New from: $3.90