5.0 out of 5 stars Advancing Food Safety, January 11, 2011
This review is from: Food Safety Culture: Creating a Behavior-Based Food Safety Management System (Food Microbiology and Food Safety) (Hardcover)
Frank Yiannas is the "courageous pioneer that helps to lead the way" to a more advanced, improved Global Food Safety. "Food Safety culture" offers an innovative outlook on the subject, and underlines the importance of understanding numerous factors (personal, organizational, environmental) that will affect food safety culture and behavior. In an easy-to-read manner, the author successfully introduces concepts from various fields, including organizational behavior, management, and communication, to traditional Food Safety management systems. The book can be used as a great tool not only by food safety professionals, but by leaders who want to advance organizational culture by focusing on people besides programs.
I greatly recommend this book to anyone who wants to change organizational culture and make food safety an integral part of business operation.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have for ALL Food Safety Professionals, November 14, 2012
As a food safety professional for the last 10 years, it has always been my duty to educate and prevent. So many times I have became irritated from the repetitive discrepancies food/production facilities continue to attain, when I know very well that they know what is acceptable and what is not. Reading Mr. Frank Yiannas's book (3 times now) really lays out the issue at hand. Even though technically it is not a "how to" book....if one can read in between the lines and apply an innovative mind, you will see that it is a "how to" guide. This book has helped me design process recommendations for a project I worked on in my Master's program. It awed my professors (in which I had attained the best process recommendations they had seen in the program) and it has changed the way I saw things as a food scientist. We must find a way to change the consumer's behavior if we want to see a positive change in universal food safety. In the future I hope that social science and food science can be linked....it needs to be! Thanks Frank for an impacting, yet easy-read. For sure will remain part of my book collection for years to come. This is a must have for all food safety professionals!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Inspiring Book, January 11, 2011
An inspiring book on the human dimensions of food safety.One of the most important challenges in food safety may be implementing an effective behavior-based food safety management system. This book is an impressive summary of what really matters and which we usually learn mainly through experience. I strongly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Behavior-based, October 19, 2010
An excellent primer blending the hard science and soft behavior aspects of creating a holistic approach to food safety. Certainly not a detailed "how-to", but the author gives good references of where to start and why.

The author's experience in this arena certainly shines through the text, and lends inspiration from a variety of recognized sources and quotable icons.

I especially appreciated the emphasis on leadership at all levels, but especially the focus on the uppermost levels and the need to "be" the desired behavior.

I found it to be an excellent reminder for all aspects of leadership - not only in the area food safety.

4.0 out of 5 stars met my expectations, March 31, 2014
Met the original expectation based on need. The information in the text will be helpful in the future as company moves forward.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, October 5, 2012
the book was deleivered fast and as expected, good work thanks, why so many words, is this tweenty words yet?

Rate and Discover Movies