5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of good ideas, July 1, 2009
This review is from: Food & Wine 2009 Annual Cookbook (Food & Wine Annual Cookbook) (Hardcover)
I find this particular volume an excellent addition to my cookbook library. Unlike previouse editions where the recipes are divided up into sections according to season, this one is structured along more traditional lines: appetizers, pork, beef, pasta, salads, etc. So finding a desirable recipe is relativelye easy. Best of all, there are a good number of recipes in this book I want to try. The ones I have already attempted have yielded excellent results. I particularly like this book for the number of creative dishes I haven't encountered before. When looking for an interesting recipe, this is now one of the cookbooks I go to first. Another plus: most of the ingredients called for in these recipes can now be found in my local supermarket.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Food and Wine Ever, September 13, 2009
This was a impulse buy I'm glad I bought it because the book is easy to read and the recipes are GREAT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook!!!!, September 17, 2009
Emolf (Buffalo, ny) - See all my reviews
This is a great book! It has everything from great apps to quick dinners. It tells you with icons what is quick, healthy, etc. It's got great pictures too! I would reccommend this book to anyone it great!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Addition to My Cookbook Collection, May 23, 2010
I received Food and Wine's Annual Cookbook 2009 as a gift. And although I am not sure I would have purchased it myself, I find myself cooking from it fairly often. The surprising fact is, all the extra information is what has drawn me to this cookbook. These recipes include ingredients, instructions, helpful chef strategies, active and total cooking times, serving size, and little colored circles indicating if the recipe is healthy, make ahead, vegetarian, and/or a staff favorite. With over 700 recipes (about 1/4 have pictures), even though they all don't appeal to me, I can usually find something I want to make. The next two recipes I have marked to make are both desserts and both sound fabulous-- Cinnamon Cake with Chile-Chocolate Buttercream and Honeyed Goat Cheese Tart with Pistachio Crust.

The cookbook is divided in to sections: starters; salads; soups; pasta; poultry; pork & veal; beef, lamb, & game; fish; shellfish; vegetables; potatoes, grains, & beans; breads, pizzas, & sandwiches; breakfast & brunch; pies & fruit desserts; cakes, cookies, & more; sauces & condiments; and drinks.

I recommend this cookbook (mostly because I think it is a great value for your money).

5.0 out of 5 stars simply great!!, March 2, 2010
Enjoying the recipes from this book, have not cooked in quite a while, starting up again,delicious and selectively quick easy recipes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Food & Wine 2009 Annual Cookbook, November 21, 2009
Well put together collection from 25 chefs - some way out, some really "down home" comfort types

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, July 11, 2010
Tracey M. (MIlwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love to cook and am working on trying to make as much food from scratch as possible. I was sold when I saw this book gives you instructions on how to make ricotta! My sister-in-law had this book before me and said that every recipe she used turned out wonderful. She knows her food, so I bought it too. Very happy with this purchase! I bought it used for significantly less than the new price, and it came in like-new condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars From Wine 2 Roses, December 15, 2011
This cookbook was a great deal. I love the recipes. At the end of each recipe it tells what wine goes great with the entree. I received the book before the arrival date and would buy from this seller again. Once in a while I even get a rose or two from my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, July 20, 2010
This cook book is awesome. Every recipe in here is delicious. I've made several already and they have all been fabulous. I definitly recommend this book to anyone, especially those who want to spice up their weeknight dinners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest cookbook I ever had, June 3, 2013
The recipes were a little complicated, and the ingredients are a little tricky to collect. But if you follow it well, the dishes are world-class restaurant quality.

Food & Wine 2009 Annual Cookbook (Food & Wine Annual Cookbook)
Food & Wine 2009 Annual Cookbook (Food & Wine Annual Cookbook) by Kate Heddings (Hardcover - April 1, 2009)
Used & New from: $0.01