4.0 out of 5 stars Not supposed to work with Freshsaver handheld
I bought this along with the Freshsaver handheld and widemouth jar attachment so that I could start sealing and storing my dry goods on the cheap, in nice looking glass jars. I came to find that this hose attachment is intended for the larger Foodsaver vacuum sealers, and not the inexpensive Freshsaver handheld.

The problem is that both ends of the hose have a...
Published on November 3, 2011 by Michael M.

2.0 out of 5 stars works... until it broke
This product worked fine for me until it broke after 9 months of use. I use it in conjunction with the FoodSaver jar sealers. The plastic tip on one of the ends broke off. The silver lining is that I should be able to repair it from parts available at our local hardware store. 2 stars because of the breakage, and the design that puts too much wear on a weak point in the...
Published 11 months ago by a food saver

4.0 out of 5 stars Not supposed to work with Freshsaver handheld, November 3, 2011
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)

The problem is that both ends of the hose have a plastic attachment that isn't compatible with the Freshsaver. I resolved this by cutting one of the hose attachment's ends and fashioning a nipple that would go into the Freshsaver vacuum receptacle. The cut hose end now fits snugly into my Freshsaver and allows me to easily use the Freshsaver to seal jars with the jar lid attachment. It's always a nice personal victory when you can hack/mickey mouse a less expensive something into doing the work of a more expensive something.

Note, the handheld Freshsaver WILL seal jars with the jar attachment without the hose, but it is a bit of an art to get it to seal properly, as you have to have it positioned perfectly, with the right amount of pressure. Much easier now with the hose.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, August 19, 2012
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
What can be said about this hose? Without it, one can't use the jar sealer accessory for the Foodsaver. In the opinion of many of us, the jar sealer is the best reason to own a Foodsaver. After all, the bags aren't suitable for long-term storage; they lose their vacuum seal. Done properly, the jar sealer will hold indefinitely. The hose looks like standard aquarium-type hose in case one had to replace it, but the adapters are necessary to do the jar sealing also. And by the way, Amazon sells a hand vacuum pump made for auto work that can easily be adapted to do jar sealing by hand without the Foodsaver--see my reviews for the link to it. Works perfectly for that also!

5.0 out of 5 stars Foodsaver Accessory Hose, October 14, 2011
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
Easy to use. Goes on and off the Foodsaver quickly. Gives excellent suction. Great price for such a versitile item. I use it to stick inside my zip lock bags and close them with my fingers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits and works, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
Fits and works. I did however, cut the end off the hose because I use a vacuum pump and not a food saver machine. I do not heat seal bags I have mason jars with lids for lots of active things like spices in cupboard and pickled ginger in refrigerator. Please do not get me wrong I do have a bag sealer but I do not drag it out every time I need a teaspoon of rosemary or baking soda. The vacuum pump has a permanent place in the cupboard (takes up less space than 9" square baking pan) and all I have to do is set the sealer on top of the jar. Stick the dangling hose on to the jar sealer and flip a switch until the gauge reads 24 isobars. Shut it off remove tube lift sealer and my mason jar partially full of spice is now in a food grade vacuum. This action takes less than thirty seconds and allows me to buy spices in bulk through Amazon.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Weston 2300, December 28, 2012
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
I have used this product for over a year with both the foodsaver T03-0006-01 Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer and T03-0023-01 Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer. It fits perfectly in the port on the Weston 2300 and I use it to vacuum seal jars with dehydrated food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as-advertised and then some!, January 29, 2013
R. Lopez (Indiana, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
I was able to use the hose by itself to remove air from large mylar bags prior to sealing. I had not thought about that when I ordered it but I tried it and it worked well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose, September 3, 2011
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
When the hose arrived I couldn't wait to see if it would fit my machine and it was a perfect fit. The length made it easy to use with my machine and all the attachments I owned. This was just what I needed to put up our fresh garden veggies.

Thanks
Dan

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dry Goods Canning Tool I've Purchased Yet!, December 26, 2012
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
Combined with the Actron CP7830 Hand Vacuum Pump and the FoodSaver Regular-Mouth Jar Sealer & Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer canning jar adapters, this is what I use to vacuum all the air from jars I've filled with fruits, veggies, venison jerky, grains, flour, rice, everything you want to keep fresh & dry in a canning jar!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hose made for food saver jar sealer, July 20, 2012
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
I purchased the hose for the jar sealer. It has a hard plastic connecter that attaches to the jar sealer. I cut one end to be able to attach the hose to the hand vacume pump. You will need to buy a hand pump unless you have the food saver system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly with my Food Saver!, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose (Kitchen)
This Works perfectly with my Food Saver! I have no problems with it at all. If you need a hose, look no further!

Tilia Foodsaver Accessory Hose