5.0 out of 5 stars More convenient than the bags
Published on November 14, 2001 by v

1.0 out of 5 stars They don't work!
These bags/rolls have very good ratings so I ordered a box of 3 to go with my Foodsaver machine. What could be better than the correct bags? I've been using Rival bags that I buy at Wally World up to now with no problems. Half way through sealing up 16 pounds of beef patties and 1 lb blocks, I switched to the Foodsaver bags and they DON'T WORK! It's too late to call...
Published 16 months ago by T. Witman

5.0 out of 5 stars More convenient than the bags, November 14, 2001
I have used both the bags and the rolls with my food saver and much prefer the rolls. It may take you an additional 5 seconds to make it into a bag but the rolls are really more cost effective and convenient. With the rolls you truly only use what you will need. If you've sealed something that will only be opened once you make it exactly that size, if you're going to be opening it multiple times just remember to allow for that in your original sizing. If you go through the trouble of washing and reusing the bags for incrementally smaller things such as from cold cuts down to cheese you will find that these rolls while initially a larger expense than you may like will more than pay for themselves in the end. The 11" rolls are also very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars rolls vs. bags, November 19, 2005
The 8x11.5" quart bags are more convenient to use, but I figured the 8" x 22' rolls would be more cost-effective. As it turns out, the rolls (at $18.69 for 44 bags' worth - assuming a foot per use) are slightly more expensive than the bags (at $18 for 48), so you might as well get the bags. As for being able to use more or less as needed, I've found that I can re-seal or re-use the bags, thus leaving me an assortment of available sizes when I've used their previous contents. It is occasionally useful to have larger sizes, so I would recommend purchasing the bags in the quart size & the rolls in the larger 11" x 18' to give a wide range of useful applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars save BIG, September 3, 2010
Mary Gibbons (Christmas, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk (Kitchen)
The rolls are the same size as quart bagsthat are pre-made. So i counted the amt. of bags i could make with one roll and compared the prices. Could not believe how much cheaper the rolls are. I just make the bags one day and they are ready when i need them and it does not take more time. I also save a roll for unusual sizes i can make mysef.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good value, October 12, 2010
This review is from: FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk (Kitchen)
I was happy to find these on amazon. I prefer this size and so many boxes are the multisize. The price for these were very good; better than I found anywhere else. Recommend them and will be purchasing more.

5.0 out of 5 stars The "Must Have" kitchen gadget, December 8, 2003
This is probably the most used tool in my kitchen. The cost of the machine and bag material are more than repaid in food savings. I like the rolls as opposed to the bags because I can make the size I need without waste. Watch for sales on meat or fish; buy large quantities at reduced cost, and cut your bags to a portion size, vacuum and seal, and freeze. I have taken hamburger, steaks, fish, pork, and chicken out of the freezer after being stored for two years or longer, and they are as fresh as the day I put them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delivers as promised!, January 8, 2001
Amazon fan "cdmack" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I love my Foodsaver product. I use it all the time and it keeps food really fresh for a longer period of time. After opening cheeses, I would have to use them within the week or cut away the unwanted parts. Now I just use my Foodsaver with the special bags and cheese seems to last forever! Really great product. I just hope the motor doesn't burn out with the use I'm getting out of it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got a FoodSaver? Buy these bags!!, March 24, 2007
K. Pollard (North East, MD (on the Chesapeake!)) - See all my reviews
I have had my Food Saver for 3 years, buying the bags from the retailer and using their cupons they send...Until I saw Amazon offering the SAME thing for 1/2 the cost....literially 1/2 price from what FoodSaver charges...and be sure to get the continuous roll...you can make your own size bags and it works just as well!!

P.S. Wal-Mart sells a similar product like these with their own name. They are not the same and will not "air-lock" the items like the food-saver bags do. I tried and got "Freezer-burned" a few times.

5.0 out of 5 stars These Are Okay, But I Like the 11" Better, February 4, 2006
The basic concept appears sound. Smaller foods need smaller width bags. However, in practice we rarely use the 8 inch width. There are a few things that fit better in the 8 inch width, but considering that almost everything that we routinely use in the kitchen will fit in the 11 inch width, we tend to use that width most of the time.

There is also discussion regarding bags versus rolls. I have used the bags and they are fine. The one advantage the rolls have is that you can custom fit them to things that will not fit into the bags. In some cases, the bags we have are too big, and then we either waste space in a smaller bag, or go back to the roll again.

Though we have a small supply of bags, I suspect that once the bags run out we will probably stick with the rolls, and we will probably stay with the 11 inch width. Choice is such a great thing!

Also consider the canisters that are available to go with any FoodSaver that has an accessory port.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile, May 17, 2011
This review is from: FoodSaver 8" Roll (Kitchen)
I've been using a Foodsaver for many years and swear by it. My household is just me and my husband and we don't cook often, so when we buy food for the freezer it tends to stay there longer than most people keep it. The Foodsaver keeps the food from getting freezer burn and it lasts much longer than it would otherwise.

I love these rolls because I can cut them off to the desired length, but I also buy the pre-made bags and use whichever one is best suited to what I'm freezing. With these, you do have to be careful to get a good seal on both ends so they stay air-tight, but the versatility of making them the size you need more than makes up for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, April 2, 2011
This review is from: FoodSaver 8" Roll, 3pk (Kitchen)
Great price and free shipping, good value. These bags are sufficient thickness and quality, they work quite well. I like that you can get all one size, if that works for you, instead of an assortment where you may get a size that you do not need. I have ordered these 8" wide bags and the 11" wide bags and they really meet our needs.
I would recommend them.