FoodSaver Vac 300 Vacuum-Sealing Kit, White
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Vacuum packing removes all air, the principal cause of food spoilage
- Keeps food fresh 3-5 times longer than other storage methods
- Save time and money by buying in bulk
- Includes roll for custom-sized bags
- One-year warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
(2) After sealing the bag, there is about an inch of waste bag material on the end you just sealed so take a felt tip marker and write on that end, what it is, the weight, and the date. When you open the bag to use the "meat", cut off the end you wrote on, wash the bag, reuse it and write on the new end when you seal it again. (3) For sanitary purposes even though I wash the bag, when I reuse it for meat, I wrap the meat in plastic wrap before putting it in the bag. (4) If you want to put liquid in a bag for sealing, put the liquid in a zip lock bag and freeze it and when it's frozen, take the contents out of the zip lock and put it in a Tilia FoodSaver Vac bag and seal it as you normally would. If you try to seal a liquid in the bag unfrozen, the vac will pull the liquid into the motor and ruin it. I hope this helps some of you.
P.S. To thaw the meat I run HOT water in the sink and immerse the bag and leave it to thaw quickly. Thinner meats like chops or some steaks thawing will take about 15 minutes and naturally thicker ones take longer.Read more ›
They all rely on the same principle for achieving vacuum inside the bag: a special, patented bag material where one side is lined with tiny channels which keep the food in but allow the built-in pump to suck the air out.
I bought this model on a whim and it stayed in the pantry unused for months until a few weeks ago when I started a diet which involves portion control. Many meals include 4 oz of lean protein such as grilled chicken breast, so I end up buying a large package of chicken breast at Costco, grill it all at once in my T-Fal grill (also purchased from Amazon), cube it, weigh 4 oz portions and vac pack them all into individual servings that go into the freezer. The frozen portions are very convenient to put in a lunch bag and microwave in the office (don't forget to puncture the bag first!)
For this type of usage I found the 6" rolls to be more convenient than the standard roll that comes with the machine because it requires less cutting.
Although the vacuum feature will only work with the patented bag material, you can also use the FoodSaver to reseal most types of plastic bags.
You should know that Tilia offers more expensive models with added bells and whistles you may like, such as built-in bag storage and sliding cutter, and an accessory port, bundled with accessories like special canisters; but if you only need basic vacuum packaging functionality you can't beat the price of the inexpensive Vac 300.
I just did this for my 500 and I am back in sealing business.
2003.VACUUM NOT WORKING AND MELTING SEALER BAGS.
I WILL PROBABLY BUY AN UPGRADE MODEL NEXT TIME.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Inaccurate product description. I gave it two stars because it doesn't have the features that Amazon says it does. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Shankar
The only thing I didnt like about this is it does not vacuum the air out. I thought it did....or would have the drip tray that I could use in the one I already have. Read morePublished on February 7, 2014 by Margaret
Still works perfect after approx 15 years!
I cannot say enough good about this model. I have tried newer vertical models and I gave them away to family. Read more
When my husband & I married in '05 & moved to NC, my mother in law bought us one of these & I put it to use right away! I loved it! Read morePublished on January 31, 2012 by Irizarryt05
This item works by suctioning the air of the bag, sensing when it has suctioned out enough air, then sealing the bag. After about 15 uses, the pressure sensor stopped working. Read morePublished on May 21, 2007 by Brian
The FoodSaver Vac works great and is also fun to use. I love it. I don't throw away as much food any more. Bought one for a friend and he uses it a lot. Read morePublished on May 11, 2007 by CJ
I have owned two of these. The first one was a more expensive model that didn't last long.
This one was far less expensive, and works just as well, and has held up over... Read more
I bought this as a gift for my mom, she loves it. She has her own vegetable garden and is always putting things in the freezer. This helps keep her items fresh.Published on January 11, 2007 by pattyann