Questions & Answers
FoodSaver V3240 Vacuum Sealing System
by FoodSaver
4.3 out of 5 stars (725)
$119.99
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 136 questions
votes
If you click on watch demo, it shows what comes in the starter kit: Kit Includes 1-11 in. X 10 ft. Heat-Seal Roll 3- Quart Heat-Seal Bags 2-Gallon Heat-Seal Bags Accessory Hose
Dec 5, 2012 by Amazon Customer
votes
12 inches is about the limit on this machine......won't handle anything larger...
Jan 1, 2014 by Terry A. Battle
votes
Is it ok for sous vide Dec 14, 2013
Yes. The bags are safe to boil and since sous vide uses a much cooler temperature, I do not see why there would be a problem.
Dec 21, 2013 by Random
vote
If the item you are going to seal is liquidity it is best to freeze it first. Doesn't have to be a hard freeze just enough to keep the liquid/juices from being vacuumed out.
Apr 18, 2014 by Orange 77
vote
The FoodSaver V3240 does properly seal mylar and ESD bags providing they are not over 2 mil thick. I have tried it on thicker bags and it seals them but the seal seems to come apart easily because it doesn't get the seal hot enough. I have had some success on 4 mil thick bags by resealing them immediately after the first seal. I'm afraid that if you wish to seal the thicker bags you will have difficulty.
Oct 31, 2013 by Ronald P. Brown
vote
We recommend allowing 20 seconds between seals. Under heavy usage the vacuum sealer will shut off automatically and the red light will flash. In this case, you will need to wait 20 minutes for the appliance to cool down before continuing to vacuum and seal.
Aug 25, 2014 by FoodSaver  MANUFACTURER 
vote
There is a cutter with the machine. Lay the roll in the top where indicated in the manual; then lift up a plastic bar before cutting & pull out the roll to how long you need. Fold down the plastic bar & put light pressure on it to hold the sheet where you want it. Slide the cutter across and voila! You have a nice clean cut. The only annoyance I've discovered when doing the vacuum sealing is sometimes if the food inside is a little heavy or bulky, I have to slightly raise up the bag where the food is to get the vacuum to work (there is a cancel button in case you need to cancel). There are very good directions in the manual...with a little practice you'll be a pro in no time.
Dec 29, 2013 by naner0331
vote
Freeze liquids such as sauces, soups and stews in containers, casserole dish or loaf pan. Then vacuum seal and freeze. Stuff stacks nicely this way.
Dec 28, 2013 by Don Jr
vote
The unit comes with the vacuum hose to seal foodsaver jars and containers. The deli meat container comes with an attachment that hooks to the end of the vacuum seal to seal the deli containers. The hand held foodsaver vaccum won't work on the jars.
Oct 5, 2013 by Claudia E. Coleman
votes
Yes. I have put pesto,minced garlic, Spagetti sauce etc. Be sure and watch fullness of drip tray.
Jul 24, 2014 by Snookums "JCB"
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   14   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers