Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Price:$96.89+ Free shipping

on August 26, 2014
Does exactly what its says it will do. I read several reviews before buying about how it was temperamental when sealing, wasteful with bag making, etc. I've found none of this to be true in my case.
What I have noticed (after watching others use it) was it's very temperamental when the bag is made incorrectly, aligned for sealing incorrectly or upside down, or when there is too little space between the food and the sealer.
When they said three inches, they meant three inches.
Basically, if you read and follow the instructions it should work for you as well as it does for me (and the others I showed the correct way)
on April 15, 2014
It really sucks - lol. Seriously, it does an fantastic job. The biggest issue I have is the 20 second cooling time between bags to ensure best performance. I have done 2,000 lbs of meat and 500 lbs of veg and many other items and it does great every time.
on May 1, 2013
Foodsaver v3230 and Jar Sealers
The main reason I purchased a Foodsaver vacuum sealer was to be able to store my cats' (my Boys') dry food to help maintain freshness, since I spend extra money to buy a high quality food that loses its freshness and spoils quickly when not stored properly - and yes, it is dry food. Plus, I wanted to be able to store this food in glass containers. I found the Ball 1/2 gallon canning jars and am able to store the contents of an 18 pound bag of food in 8 of these jars using the Foodsaver wide-mouth jar sealer. It's great! I wish I had known about all these contraptions before now - would have saved a lot of wasted food/money. I also store human food but started out buying it for my Boys' food.
I am so thankful for the reviews; many of the comments were very helpful! One person wrote that she thought she would have to use one jar sealer for each jar she used. That's exactly what I thought. That would have been quite expensive and didn't seem worth it to me - given that the wide mouth jar sealers are approx $10 and for some reason the regular mouth jar sealers I've found have been more than that. so, one jar sealer can be used over & over & over again along with the flat part of the lid of the canning jar. After vacuuming the air out and removing the jar sealer, I put on the screw-on band. Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.
When I 1st started using this machine, I was using it wrong and every time I tried to seal a 1/2 gallon jar using the wide mouth jar sealer, the machine would run for 2 minutes - every time. I just thought the 1/2 gallon required more vacuuming due to the amount of air in that size. Nope; it would also run two minutes on the smaller jars. Also, when I would try to take the jar sealer off, I had to be extremely careful so the lid of the canning jar didn't come off with it - which it did in many cases using the wide mouth jar sealer and which it did every time when I used the regular mouth jar sealer. It was very aggravating. I was ready to return everything. On top of that, when I used the bags, no air was being vacuumed out, but it would seal. I knew something was wrong. That's when I found the TurboedMX6 YouTube video.

If you search the internet for Foodsaver v3230, one of the first links that I found that is listed is a YouTube video by TurboedMX6. This guy did a very nice job and went a long way to helping me use this machine properly. I highly recommend it. He didn't talk about the jar sealers; he only talked about vacuum-sealing plastic bags, but the video helped me with both.
In the video, when he turned the locking handle, it made a definitive sound, and I remembered that mine didn't make that sound, because I didn't turn it all the way; it kinda snaps into place. It's amazing how everything finally worked after that. Air gets sucked out of the plastic bags now, and the jar sealer is absolutely fantastic. It vacuums the jars for 10-15 seconds. When it's done making a lot of noise vacuuming, the "seal" light comes on, so I press cancel, because I'm not using the heat portion of the sealing process which is used to seal the plastic bags.
I take the hose connection out of the jar sealer, and it makes a brief whoosh sound releasing any leftover air from the hose (something I also learned in another review). I never got any whooshing sounds before when the machine would run for 2 minutes. Now I can take the jar sealer off the jar without being hesitant or extra careful. that lid is on there so tight, it's sometimes difficult to break the seal to open it again. That's okay. I'd rather have that than to have to be extra gentle with it so I didn't break the seal.
I have bought several cases of many different sizes of the canning jars, and I have purchased extra food for my Boys to keep on hand. I also store food to take to work. I'm so happy with this investment of all these foodsaving products!
on August 17, 2013
Should have gotten a Foodsaver years ago. It is easy to use. I like to leave it on my counter so its always ready to use. I now can take advantage of sales at our supermarket. I also am stocking my freezer with fresh peaches, strawberries and blueberries to have for the winter months.
on July 16, 2014
I recently purchased this product for prepping, and home use. Just vacuumed sealed over a 150 lbs. of meat, and it performed perfectly. Very easy to use. If you have meats that have allot of juices like stakes, pork chops, sausage in patty form and etc. its best to get some wax paper, separate the portions you want sealed, put them in the freezer over night, then you will be able to vacuum seal it with no problems, because all of the juices will be frozen. If the meat is to juicy, in the vacuum process of the sealing, all of the juices will be pulled toward the heating element that seals the bag after the vacuuming process is completed, not allowing it to seal properly. It explains this in the directions. Other than that, this performs as described. If you are prepping, this unit is perfect for vacuum sealing prepping supplies for your (SHTF Bag).... Again I love this unit. Vacuum sealing a roll of TP for our SHFT bags was something to see!! LOL!
on April 6, 2016
I'm extremely pleased with how this performs and would definitely purchase again.
on April 24, 2016
Features very different from the last couple I owned. I hope it last longer as seems they don't last nearly as long as the cost is expensive.
on July 9, 2016
Great product.
on September 4, 2012
hello awesome machine ordered 3 weeks ago froze all my meats i have 5 kids!!! This machine has kept everything fresh no freezer burn at all this one was les expensive and does the job as the expensive model! fast shipping and customer service was excellent highly reccomend!
on September 21, 2013
I owned this for just a few months now, and so far it has performed as expected. I bought it as a replacement for an older FoodSaver model which was a lot smaller and easier to store. The advantage of this one is that it stores a roll inside, and it has the cutting blade. It beats using my guillotine paper-trimmer, or scissors.
I took out two stars because I don't expect it to last very long. The previous model failed due to the vacuum pump made of plastic, a classic case of planned obsolescence.
1717 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse