Industrial Deals Books Holiday Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Adele egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Get Ready for the Winter Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

... and these do!!

Wow! I was really surprised at how good these chips are. These light crisp tortilla chips have a subtle flavor of green olives with just a hint of garlic -- nothing at all overpowering, but you know it's there. The flavor combination -- the brininess of the olives with the garlic -- is just right.

They're not too salty, either -- a major complaint I have with a lot of chips. Seems as if other manufacturers feel that in order to get flavor, you have to go heavy on the salt. Not these. An entire bag has just 80 mg of sodium.

For folks on Weight Watchers, an entire snack-size bag comes to 3 pts. Add some nice fresh salsa (tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, jalapenos, salt/pepper to taste), and you have a filling healthy snack. Or how about some light semi-soft cheese, the kind that comes in the little individually-wrapped wedges? These chips are sturdy enough to serve as light crackers. Yum!!

I'll definitely be purchasing these from Amazon -- I've never seen them in the stores, and I simply must have more of them!
on August 25, 2008
These multrigrain chips taste like restaurant-quality corn tortilla chips, but they come in individual-sized bags. Most importantly, my two-year-old daughter (who is so picky she hardly eats anything) absolutely LOVES these chips.

These chips are technically "multigrain" because they contain yellow corn, brown rice flour, flax seeds, oat fiber, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and soy flour. However, stone ground yellow corn is clearly the main ingredient in these chips and you'll have a hard time picking up the flavor of the other ingredients with your taste buds.

The other thing I really like about these chips is that they're flavored with sea salt, which is lower in sodium and (in my opinion) tastes better than regular table salt. With only 140 calories per bag and 7 grams of fat it's hard not to say yes to this tasty treat.

Overall, I highly recommend these chips!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 16, 2008
I am a label reader - I count fat grams, carbs, proteins and grams of fiber vs. grams of sugar. Most foods that advertise themselves as a "healthy" snack are not really all that good for you. Often they are too high in calories or they use products that you just shouldn't eat. This snack food, FoodShouldTasteGood Multigrain chips really is a good tasting, good for you snack.

The ingredients are listed on this page and you can see that there are no hydrogenated oils, no high fructose corn syrup and no MSG. They contain grains that are visible in the chip and a one ounce serving gives you 3 grams of fiber. (The packaging doesn't specify if it is soluble or insoluble.)

The chips are delicious. They are thicker than what you would expect in a normal corn tortilla chip; more like a cracker in thickness but with the crunch of a chip. The flavor is similar to a popular name brand corn chip (Fritos) only without the added fat. I can see where some people say they have a stale taste - there is a grain that has a mild nutty flavor in the chip that you don't expect to taste in a corn chip. I recommend the multigrain chip if you are hungry for a salty snack that won't blow your diet and that leaves all the unhealthy junk out. I tried the Buffalo flavor this weekend and they have a very mild kick; much milder than I expected. I still like them, but not as much as the plain.
on March 23, 2010
I *love* the Multigrain flavor of these chips/crackers! I especially love the fact that they're only 80 mg of sodium--so I was totally excited to see--under the nutritional info at Amazon--that the olive and jalapeno flavors were also 80 mg of sodium per serving. So I ordered all three. Imagine my total shock and dismay to find out that the olive and jalapeno flavors are truly 210 mg of sodium per serving! Just wanted to warn all future buyers--if you must watch your salt for health reasons--stick to the Multigrain ones!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2008
These have much more flavor and taste than regular tortilla chips. Always a hit when friends come over and we put out the snacks. Top quality ingredients; brown rice, oat fiber, sunflower seeds etc. are what give this product the taste to start a conversation. Serve with fresh veggies and a good dip, always a crowd pleas-er! I certainly would recommend this product to anyone who is trying to eat more healthy food with great flavor.
VINE VOICEon August 23, 2008
These tortilla chips should be renamed to FoodDoesTasteGood! So many times "healthy" or "good for you" snacks are as flavorless as water. Good for you, but absolutely boring to the taste buds. These chips, however break the rules. No Trans Fat, 0.5% staurated fat. 18g carb, 3g dietary fiber, 2g sugars and 3g protein with only 140 calories per 1 ounce bag w/60 of them from non saturated (good)fats. Remember, not all fat is bad. Some fat, like these are needed for digestion and brain function. The flavor is great. They are filled with flax seed, whole grains, wheat, but have a crisp, thick feel without grainy flavor. They have a salty flavor like that of a tortilla, but you don't need a topping or salsa for the flavor. No itchy lips from to much salt like a regular tortilla and no salsa falling on your clothes! I eat these just as a quick snack but have served them along with hummus, cheese and veggie sticks for a crowd. I also toss them into my kids lunch instead of chips or pretzels. Most of the time they take a couple bags because they share them! I like the one oz. bags because they tide me over at that 3:00 snack time without letting me indulge with too many. I've had the Olive and the chocolate, but the multigrain are by far my favorite. Serve these at your next party, but make sure you have quite a few will need them.
VINE VOICEon August 29, 2008
I have order anxiety: so when I go to order something I usually panic and blurt out something I didn't really want, or in this case, click the ORDER THESE button on these Multigrain things.

Fast forward to today... I studied the bag with this description:
TORTILLA CHIPS (it's a cracker, too!) MADE WITH
Flax, Sunflower, and Sesame Seeds
Oat Fiber, Brown Rice
Quinoa, Soy

We have pavers that look like the cracker on the front of the bag... and I have no idea what quinoa is, but I tried one. Hmmm kind of like a not so salty corn chip, with a little sesame seed flavor thrown in. Just enough salt. Crunchy, and without the stab-the-roof-of-your mouth shards. Nice mingling of flavors...can't say I know what flax seed tastes like, but I think I like it now! I like them. I really like them!!

The ingredients list is: Stone ground yellow corn, high oleic sunflower oil, brown rice flour, flax seeds, turbinado cane sugar, oat fiber, sesame seeds, quinoa, soy flour, sea salt. Not a bad ingredients list! For one 1 oz bag, 140 calories, 60 from fat. And each cracker feels like you are eating something, not like a bite of air in a salt-laden wafer.

I could seriously go for more of these now. They would be fantastic with a slice of mild cheddar or something really different with a creamy artichoke dip. Lots of possiblities, and still good right out of the bag. They say they are available at your local supermarket or grocer--really, I am going to get more of these, they are that good!
on August 26, 2008
Flavor: OliveSize: 1-Ounce Bags (Pack of 24)Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I had just taken a Freshly made Spinach, Feta, Olive Tomato Quiche out of the oven when these Olive tortilla chips arrived!
Talk about perfect timing....anyways we broke open a bag & I served the quiche with a choice of these & buttered toast crisps...........they ate all the chips & asked for MORE!

As I was serving 2 slightly different variations in the quiches, 1 with parmesan & less spinach & one with more spinach & different tomatoes, I asked which did they like the best........they all said the CHIPS!!! I should have just served the Olive Tortilla Chips & saved myself all the work! LOL

These REALLY are that good! I have never tasted any that come close & Tortilla chips are a staple in our house, as we have them with salsa over cottage cheese, I make an awesome beans, rice, salsa, cheese, & sour cream dish we serve with tortilla chips etc....

As there are only 140 calories per 1 oz bag: 7g fat, 18g carbs & 2g protein, a bag of these with a cup of low fat cottage cheese & salsa is a low carb (ZONE type) meal or snack (depending on your appetite!!

The flavor of the olives is WONDERFUL, with just a hint of garlic.......they are a fabulous combination, I will definitely be buying more, & for the record, the children who had these were all boys, ages 10,12 & 15. They wanted more immediately, but they will have to wait for an Amazon order as you cannot buy these locally here where I live..............:-(
VINE VOICEon August 25, 2008
I have been on a quest for a number of years now to eat foods that provide good nourishment to my body without sacrificing taste and satisfaction. I immediately loved these chips when I tried them -- sometimes "healthy" foods have to grow on you, but not so with these chips. They come in a nice little pentagon shape, and there are about 16 chips in the bag, which is just right for a snack or to combine with a sandwich for lunch. If you are watching your calories and fat, it is great that they list the nutritional information for the whole bag and not for 1/2 bag like some companies do. All the ingredients in these chips are ones that you see on those lists of "healthy foods you should be eating." All the flavors meld together to make a really nice, rich flavor that is ever-so-slightly sweet, and you get a light taste of flax and sesame seeds.

I compared the label with Doritos Toasted Corn Tortilla Chips, and these Multigrain Chips have 3 times the fiber, 2/3 the sodium, 1/2 the saturated fat, and of course the much healthier ingredients, with no trans fats.

These are the best chips of the many I have tried that use healthy ingredients, and I'll be definitely ordering more of them.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
As a weight loss coach, I often talk about quinoa. The Aztecs called this "the food of the Gods" and it truly is...incredibly healthy and full of vitamins, protein, antioxidants and it's extremely filling. I have gotten many people hooked on it using it as a substitute for rice. I got these chips (multigrain and the cheddar flavors) simply because I saw good ol' quinoa in the ingredient list but also tons of other good stuff: Stone Ground Yellow Corn, Non-hydrogenated Canola Oil, Brown Rice Flour, Flax Seeds, Turbinado Cane Sugar, Oat Fiber, Sesame Seeds, Sunflower Seeds, Quinoa, Soy Flour, Sea Salt, real cheese in the cheddar.

But having "good" ingredients doesn't often equate to good taste.

It does here. These are addictive. I typically buy them at Target or Central Market but it's cheaper to get them here with subscribe and save and no taxLove these...and I actually feel GOOD about putting them in my body. A rarity for a snack. Bring on the cheddar and I'll sign up for auto delivery. Try em with hummus.

Alternatives: I am also equally addicted to barbecue PoPChips...they are also an all natural snack that's low in fat and calories but highly addictive in my opinion.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse