5.0 out of 5 stars feeling better with B12
Published on September 29, 2010 by Adam B. Gunn

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes like sin but works like magic!
I abhor the taste of this stuff, but I do love its potency. Was recommended by my doctor so I bought some. I've learned to shoot it without tasting much of it... I find it to be sickly sweet, and it apparently only comes in this one flavor. Buyer beware. I usually chase it with my daily drink of probiotic juice, which gets rid of any residual taste in my mouth...
Published 9 months ago by Speckledfreckle

5.0 out of 5 stars feeling better with B12, September 29, 2010
This review is from: NOW Foods B-12 10,000mcg Shots 0.5 ounce 12 Count Box Mixed Berry (Health and Beauty)
I had been feeling very run down and sort of over whelmed by my busy life and decided to try this product out in the hopes of regaining some energy and general positivity. Well, it worked... for me and my wife. We are both VERY busy and both in our early 40s and don't always eat "healthy". We take one of these in the morning and we have more energy and feel better in general throughout each of our hectic days.. I am finding I don't need to eat as much and I feel more rested in the mornings now also after two weeks of taking this daily. Obviously every body will have a different reaction to taking a supplements, but this has definitely helped our energy levels and and overall sense of well being.

The taste is kind of strong but not bad. It tastes like raw B vitamin to me with some syrup mixed in.. I am very used to it now but it is strong and you'll want to chase it with some water or something.

NOTE: The only thing to be wary of is when you open the little tubes, don't squeeze on the sides of them or else the little bit of dark brown liquid trapped in the top will leak out and make a mess.. you have to twist the top gingerly and once the seal is cracked the little bit in the top will drain back down and then you can pull the top off.

5.0 out of 5 stars A healthier, gentle and effective energy shot that is also allergen-free!, May 6, 2011
These Now Foods B-12 Energy Shots are free of all common allergens, and they work gently and quite well. If you are used to guzzling traditional energy drinks, these may not seem as strong at first because there is no caffeine, sugar, taurine, guarana, etc., but that also means there shouldn't be any jitters, or heart palpitations while you're enjoying the energy rush, and there is definitely no annoying sugar crash later. These shots are sweetened with healthy xylitol, not sugar. Xylitol tastes sweet, like sugar, but has no weird aftertaste, the way stevia can. The rush lasts a good, long time, about 4-6 hours, or maybe longer, which is better than most drinks and on par with competing unhealthy energy shots. The box recommends taking only one shot a day, preferably in the morning. It doesn't say what could happen if you take more than one at once, or more than one per day, so I wouldn't recommend it.

This Mixed Berry flavor actually tastes pretty good, considering (which is to say, it's not great, but okay). You just shake it up, twist off the recyclable plastic tube top and squirt it in your mouth; one or two squeezes gets the job done. I've tried other energy shots like this and they tasted beyond awful and didn't seem to work that good. Normally, all energy drinks, even the tiny 5 Hour Energy or 6 Hour Stacker types, make me sick due to whatever horrible chemical and other junk they stick in them reacting with my food allergies, plus all that sugar, caffeine, and/or carbonation isn't good for me (and I doubt it is for anyone else, either).

What I need is a quick, reliable, cheap energy source that is also allergen-free and gentle on my body. This one has no salt, wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, or shellfish (and is suitable for vegans and vegetarians, if that's your thing), so it fits the bill nicely. There are no artificial colors or flavors, no sugar.

Aside from the "full spectrum of B-vitamins and supporting nutrients" (including Vitamin C, Niacin, Biotin, Riboflavin, Choline, Inositol, Pantothenic Acid, and Folic Acid), the other ingredients are: de-ionized water, vegetable glycerine, xylitol, natural berry and cherry flavors, malic acid, potassium sorbate (as preservative), and natural french vanilla flavor.

You get the 10,000 mcg of B-12, which is 166,667% of the daily value, 500% of B-6, 200% of B-1, 167% of C, and 200-500% of everything else, except the two ingredients that have no daily value established (inositol and choline, each of which are delivered at 5 mg).

Unfortunately, this product is hard to find in stores, even health food ones, but the price here is really good. Now Foods also makes two other energy shots: ChocoEnergy and L-Carnitine 2,000 (neither available on Amazon as of this writing), but I haven't tried those. I use Now Foods vitamins (also allergen-free) and think they are really good.

These B-12 energy shots are the perfect alternative for a healthier energy drink, and just about the only choice for today's "on-the-go" people with food allergies, or chemical sensitivities, or anyone who is sick or scared of hurting themselves with the harsh energy drinks lining supermarket and convenience store shelves.

UPDATE (May 20, 2011): I've been using this product as recommended for almost two weeks now and can happily say it works well (of course, some days seem better than others depending on my sleep schedule and/or motivation). No weird side affects, no allergic reactions. Good stuff!

UPDATE (October 26, 2012): If you prefer a traditional energy drink in a can that's allergen-free, I recommend Opta Energy, Organic Passion Orange Energy Drink, 12/12 Oz which is organic and without the weird, nasty stuff found in regular energy drinks. It comes in two different fruit flavors, both decent tasting, and they certainly do the trick. You get 1.5 servings per can.

5.0 out of 5 stars energy, October 28, 2011
this stuff works great. it gives you energy and seems to make you concentrate better. it last 4 to 5 hours and wont give you the jetters. I have let two of my friends try it and now the use it all the time

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well with my MS, June 9, 2012
Jamie Phelps (Bloomington, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I decided to try the NOW foods B-12 10,000 mcg shots to help combat the fatigue that unfortunately comes with my Multiple Sclerosis (Dxed 1995). I noticed after only two days of use, I was feeling much more alert & for much longer in the day. I did not feel any caffeine like jitters, just a great sense of being alert. I also purchased the Now Foods Instant Energy B12 2000 mcg packets to carry with me during the day & they also work very well. The taste is not bad on either product. I take the shot in the morning when I awaken & I'm good to go for the day. I use the packets when I feel that I need a boost. I just open the package & pour the contents in my mouth & wash it down with a drink. I've noticed that my concentration has greatly improved. I have renewed interest in my hobbies (baseball cards & model making) which really helps with my overall well being. I love to read & I have found that I can read & concentrate much longer. For being a MS patient for 17 years, I feel that the NOW Food B12 products have & are helping me greatly on a daily basis. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blast your Blues, January 28, 2012
D S "uniform_hippie" (Fort Meade, Maryland) - See all my reviews
I have come to swear by this product. Swallowing 10,000mcg of liquid B-12 at the start of the day leaves me energized and perky. Since I am B deficient I take between 2-3 shots per day, a mite above the recommended dose. For those like myself who struggle to maintain a regular balance of B-12, this product is a welcome addition to our daily routine. I've replaced by green tea and coffee with NOW Food B-12 10,000mcg Shots and feel more alert and happier for it. It's a costly buy, but well worth every penny. If you plan to buy in bulk I'd purchase elsewhere as this product can sell for as low as $11.99 per box. If you live near a Supper Supplements store you can order online and have it shipped to the store directly and avoid retail and shipping fees.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tastes like sin but works like magic!, March 23, 2014

Other notes: shake vigorously; the yellow buildup in the tube is the stuff you want. It settles, so, shake it up well.

Be careful when twisting the cap off - juice will splatter, and it stains. I usually flick the top of the neck, after shaking vigorously, to get any droplets out of the way, and THEN I twist the top off while holding it far away from myself.

Good luck, and be well!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad product. Gave me heart palpitations., August 29, 2012
Whales (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This product contains an excessive amount of B-12. It is, I discovered, entirely possible to overdose on B-12. Research this for yourself before you try this item.

I got heavy heart palpitations, lightheadedness, and considerable discomfort lasting about 18 hours from half a dose of this stuff. I took it in the morning but still had trouble falling asleep that night.

I was panicking until I looked up B-12 dosing and overdose symptoms online: heart palpitations, sleeplessness.

I would say this is a dangerous product because of the excessive amount of B-12 it contains. It's like those candy wax bottles with sweet juice inside, it is too easy to take too much. Half of one tiny bottle was overwhelmingly too much for me.

The only way to know if you need B-12 is with a lab test. Dosing yourself with a tremendous amount is risky, at least insofar as very uncomfortable overdose symptoms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, March 8, 2012
I was skeptical to purchase and use this product, but I am so glad I did!! This B-12 "shot" really helps your energy throughout the day and helps keep away the sluggish times of day that have a tendency to appear. I was taking a prescription medication for energy, focus and concentration and have since stopped taking it because I replaced it with the B-12 shot instead. I highly recommend to those who are sluggish and need a pick-me-up in that department. My only complaint is that I wish they had larger sizes to purchase as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Description, January 6, 2014
Needs to clearly state ORAL PRODUCT not SHOTS, very misleading. This form of B12 is destroyed in the GI tract, therefore not absorbed!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Have more energy!, April 3, 2011
I like this product. I noticed that I have more energy. Not sure whether it increased my memory. I probably need to take them for more than 2 weeks to experience that. I don't necessarily like the sweetness and I don't like that they run out so quickly. I would like to conveniently go to a near by store to purchase, instead of constantly having to wait for it to be shipped to me. This way I would be able to feel the full effect and not run out.