Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NOW Foods L- Carnitine Tartrate 1000mg, 100 Tablets
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: 100|Change

on January 26, 2015
I really like this stuff. Im on the Atkins diet and this in one of the supplements suggested on the Atkins website so I bought it. So far Ive lost 30# in less than 2 months with this diet. I take the NOW Foods L-Cartinine twice a day, two in the morning before breakfast and two at night before bed. I was very curious as to rather or not the supplement was working and contributing to my weight loss or if It was solely the diet that was making the difference so I went without taking the L-Cartine for a few days and sure enough you could tell the difference on the scale! This stuff definitely works for me.
on December 18, 2014
I'm using this as part of a fat burner/weight loss stack. Its supposed to increase my metabolism and rate of fat loss. Current stack consists of this, CLA, and Green Tea Extract. Best price I could find for L- Carnitine is right here. Swanson has best price on green tea caps by far; Green Tea 500 mg 100 Caps and lowest CLA price I could find Pure CLA 1250 Supplement - Super Hi-Potency Softgels - GMO-Free - Try it 100% Risk Free!. Why there are comparable brands with the same ingredient profile out there that are almost double the cost is beyond me but that's amazon for ya.
55 comments| 56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 5, 2014
While I was hospitalized for problems caused by chemo, I asked about how to get rid of the neuropathy that was caused by the chemo. Two of the Drs recommended that I use this to keep the chemo caused neuropathy from getting worse during the course of my treatment. I have to say it hasn't gone away completely, but it sure does help.
on June 19, 2015
I purchase several of Now Foods supplements. This is one I take every AM along with Now L-Tyrosine. Such a great combination, gives me tremendous energy for my workout or house work. I have ran out on various occasions and have tried to go without but always come back to order more. Love the energy and love Now Foods supplements!
on April 24, 2015
use it for many years, now has the best quality l-carnitine . I m taking it in the morning 20 minutes before running
review image
on March 25, 2015
I'm glad I added these to my regimen. L-Arginine along with CLA works well as a fat burning stack, though I don't ingest these before working out. I take them with a fiber free snack twice, daily. I am noticing increased energy throughout the day and a better quicker metabolism. I will definitely continue to purchase this supplement.
on April 6, 2015
I read rave reviews about this on a low-carb Facebook group and thought I'd give it a try. In doing some research, it looks like it has many health benefits. I'm starting slow, only taking one tablet daily. I can't swallow large pills and definitely wouldn't be able to manage these, so I crush them. I broke a weight-loss plateau at about the same time I started taking this supplement, so I'm encouraged.
on December 21, 2015
Been taking NOW Food's L-Carnitine for awhile as a fat-burner. I take it post-workout and while I can't say whether it's directly affecting my weight loss, I feel confident in saying that it's not hurting me! I changed my diet and I'm doing a fair amount of weight lifting + cardio and some b-ball and I've lost close to 40lbs in a year (went from 225-187). I've lost weight before, but I've been in the 190-185 level for about 3 months now and things are looking pretty stable. I'm down about 4 pants sizes and gone from XL to L shirts.

I really like what my diet + exercise + supplements have done for me... L-Carnitine has been a part of my success and I will continue to use this product.
on February 26, 2016
This is a great brand. It was recommended by my DO as part of a Graves Disease protocol. I feel like I have more energy taking it. Always take on an empty stomach for the full effects. This is the first time buying the 1000mg pills and i will say they are the biggest pills I've ever swallowed in my life. If you don't like big pills, buy the 500mg of this brand and take 2. I'll probably go back to doing that on my next go round. L-Carnitine is a great supplement with many benefits.
on November 30, 2015
So, these are okay...but they are GINORMOUS! I wouldn't buy these again based on their size alone. If that doesn't bother you, then buy away. I take these for Graves Disease, hyperthyroidism.

UPDATE-June 2015 - Took these along with PTU. My TSH was stuck but these helped get it to normal range within about 2 months along with PTU.

UPDATE- April 2016I stopped taking. My TSH is abnormal again. I don't want to to radioactive iodine for Graves Disease so I'm trying it again. I am also taking vegetarian acetyl-l carnitine as well. we will see how it goes.