NOW Foods L-Glutamine Pure Powder, 1-Pound
Size Name: 1 LbChange
Price:$25.00 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on October 4, 2011
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
I suffered from Leaky Gut Syndrome for years. I finally stumbled upon a combination treatment of Fivelac, Udo' 8 probiotics, and L-Glutamine. I am cured! It took about 6 months to work, but after 20 years of suffering, I can now eat just about anything I want. I was off of corn, wheat, chocolate, cane sugar, coffee, and so much more. I was not a good dinner guest. Anyway I started with 5 lac and the probiotic. It was working, but soooo slow and I was dependent on the 5 lac. If I missed even a day, the symptoms would come back. After a couple of years, I read about the L-Glutamine and it made the difference. After about 6 months, I was able to let go of the five lac. I still take the L-Glutamine and the probiotics but if I miss a few days there seems to be not backlash. I will always take the probiotics because it is just a good practice for health, especially at my age - 63. Also, I recommend Source Naturals Digestive enzymes. So, when all my older friends are complaining that they can't eat spicy Mexican or Thai foods, or that they have developed lactose intolerance, etc, etc., I munch away. The combo of L-Glutamine (and I LOVE Now Brand anything), Udo's 8 probiotics, and Source Natural's Digestive enzymes is a small price to pay for having the digestion of a much younger woman.
4141 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 11, 2011
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
Got it for my mother currently undergoing chemo and radiation, since l-Glutamine is recommended to help against chemo induced neuropathy. This is the second trip around on chemo, and the neuropathy was bad the first time. Much of the feeling still hasn't come back in her feet, and she lost a bit in her hands. Got this to slow the neuropathy down, just to hold it in check, but it looks like this is helping to reverse it since her hands are getting better while she is undergoing chemo. I didn't expect it to work so well, but it has well exceeded my expectations. The other big (unexpected) plus is the improvement in her esophagus which is allowing her to eat without taking numbing medication. I didn't realize this also helps repair digestive system damage, but I found that on further research. Great stuff for cancer patients undergoing chemo!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 21, 2014
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
I have perioral dermatitis, not to mention other auto-immune disorders which is thought to be aggravated by a leaky gut. I take a T of this, kosher gelatin, and aloe vera gel in a smoothie very morning. Has definitely lessened my itchiness and outbreaks. It will take time to heal the gut, but so far so good!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 24, 2012
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
great for memory boost, mental alertness, and even some energy which we can all you - right? I highly recommend this product if you are foggy and cannot remember or having a hard time remembering things.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 8, 2015
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
I started having stomach problems about 3 years ago. Every morning I would wake up and feel nauseated and always have to have a bowel movement at least 3 times before I even left work. Slowly over time, I figured out that I was experiencing a form of IBS. So I started trying different remedies and treatments I found online to treat what I had.

I tried:
Cutting Energy Drinks
Starving Myself
Apple Cider Vinegar
Allergy Medicine

After 3 years I pretty much figured I'd have to live with the cramps all day and the constant need to go to the bathroom. I found an article from a forum from a woman that said she had cured her IBS and several people's IBS that she knew by using:

10-30 Grams L-Glutamine
15 Million Count Probiotics

I bought Now Foods Glutamine, and probiotics here on Amazon called "Pro-15"

I drank 15 grams of Glutamine, twice a day. And took 2 capsules of the Pro-15 probiotics. I started to see results within the first day. Slowly over the course of 2 weeks I felt completely healed. It's now been 2 months and I can safely say that I am cured. I'm starting to remember what it's like to have a normal digestive system again. I only have one bowel movement a day and I never have to rush to the bathroom, no matter WHAT I eat.

I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually normal again. I have my life back. I can finally go on trips, go out with friends, make plans to leave the house first thing when I wake up, and all without having to worry about whether or not there will be a bathroom nearby. I just want to say thank you to Now Foods for making a high quality Glutamine source. It literally changed my life
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 21, 2012
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
As usual NOW and Amazon delivers a great product at a great price I take this with L-carnitine tartrate in a little bit of water 20 minutes before my workout and what a difference it makes in terms of helping create more lean muscle mass, and yes I am a woman and not a body builder, just old broad who has very lithe youthful figure.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 3, 2013
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
I've only been using this along with Great Lakes Gelatin and some Colostrum, to healing my leaky gut. I have changed my diet and am also doing a varitation of the GAPS diet, but started drinking this before starting GAPS and have noticed my stomach getting better. I will continue to use this in my healing efforts along with the diet.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 21, 2013
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
Please read the whole review if you are struggling with GERD or Acid reflux.
All 3 of the items mentioned were purchased on Amazon.

I was struggling with digestive problems caused by PPI's for night time Acid Reflux.
I tried everything prior to that (Apple Cider Vinegar, DGL, Marshmallow etc.) and nothing stopped
the throat burning. Eventually I gave up and went the PPI route (after using H2 Blockers for over a year
with no good results).
After a month of the PPI's I was as sick as a dog (bloating, feeling full all the time, stomach making weird
noises etc).
I found out about Source Naturals Alka Balance after hundreds of hours online researching GERD.
It has been nothing short of a life saver. I am now on my second 240 tablet bottle.
I take it at 10 pm at night (an hour before I go to bed) with a protein/colostrum shake (half a cup of water
with a tablespoon of protein powder and a tablespoon of colostrum) which heals the esophagus.

First thing in the morning I have a half glass of water with a full teaspoon of L-Glutamine powder
and then don't eat or drink anything for half an hour.
If you get any heartburn during the day. Then have another full teaspoon of L-Glutamine with half a glass of water.
This L-Glutamine, Colostrum, Protein Power routine is something any weight-lifter worth his salt would know
about. I've been taken them for years for muscle gain, but was surprised to find that they helped
heal the damage from Gerd and Acid Reflux.
The ALKA Balance tablets made the difference though. It was like a miracle. No more sore throat. No more
burning chest in the morning. And no more PPI's. And I'm seeing good muscle tone.
FANTASTIC.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 22, 2013
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
Healed my ailing stomach.
After taking medication for RA my stomach was a wreck. I had Pain & ran to bathroom after eating a meal.
One month taking one heaping tsp. twice daily in a little water has my gut in order.
I stopped taking it regularly but I have it on hand and use it when necessary.

I don't understand people complaining about taste of product, it's not desert it's medicine and when one has pain taste is the least of concern.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 14, 2013
Size Name: 1 LbVerified Purchase
It has helped me to move my bowels every day! I bought it for my husband but it gives him gas.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...