Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: 200 Vcaps|Change

on January 30, 2014
Prior taking the Milk Thistle my ALT reading was at 148. Doctor assumed I drank too much alcohol (6 pack a week of Michelob Lite), but actually the fatty tissues causing the high readings (should be between 0-60). My diet has not change much. My last lab work, the test came back at 46!
I have bought prior Milk Thistle products with half the MG's, but this seems to keep the Doctor happy.
44 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
This is a must have for fellow booze hounds like myself! Drinking kills the liver. Milk thistle helps to repair that. This product by NOW is a higher dose than usually found and you can trust the brand as they test regularly using outside agencies.
on April 5, 2013
I recommend this product for maintaining clean liver function. I had not tried this one with the two extra ingredients, but I find my digestion is improved. With the amount of work the liver has to do to keep the blood clear of toxins, it can use all the help it can get. I like NOW products for price, efficacy, and efficiency.
on September 23, 2013
I love this product because it has 3 different plants to keep the liver happy.

Milk Thistle, Dandelion and Artichoke are all great for a healthy liver.

I also appreciate that Now labels their products as to whether there is gluten, corn, soy, etc.

Great value too.
on July 16, 2013
I use this product to help keep my liver function normal. It works for me perfect. From elevated liver counts to normal after 30 days. I also used Activated Charcoal while using this product. I recommend.
on January 30, 2012
I have been taking this for my Hypo-thyroid treatment for 6 monthsd now. I can say that I am actually see the side effects from the prescription pills going away. Love this and won't stop taking it!!
on July 31, 2013
I know people who not only have great results with this herb, but one who healed his liver and was taken off the liver transplant list. How about that?
on April 23, 2014
This is my second time ordering this product it is so great. The delievery of this product was in 3 days the fastest I've ever gotten a product before. I was having some problems and the doctor thought it was my gall bladder I had several test done and everything was fine. I decided to do some research and found that cleaning the liver helps everything else. I tried another product that I bought from a local health store and didn't seem to get any results. I tried this product after reading the reviews and I saw a difference right away. The pain is gone, I sleep better and my hair was thinning out and now it's thicker then ever. I'm a salon owner and I would notice something like that. Over all cleaning the liver helps the gall badder, kidneys and pancreas. It keeps the whole system clean and working better. Use it, it works, stay healthy!
on February 24, 2014
Seriously who knows? I use Silymarin products to help protect my liver because of my having RA and the meds being pretty toxic for your liver. My thoughts are Silymarin can't hurt so any added protection can't be bad.
on August 21, 2014
---
All I know is that my liver enzymes went down while taking this product.

My "AST" went from 47 to 16 (normal range is 8-37).

My "ALT" went from 64 to 20 (normal range is 8-35).

This happened in a 21 day period.

Obviously, this was far from "controlled," as there were way too many variables to say that this product "caused" this, but it's enough for me to continue taking it (I took 3/day, in divided doses, with food). It also gives me one more thing to think about when "doctors" tell me "supplements are waste of money."