Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Size: Pack of 1(16 oz.)|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on December 30, 2013
PLEASE INFORM YOURSELF.
Okay, so I hesitated buying this because of some of the negative reviews I saw about it being thick, not smelling like almonds or even feeling like cooking oil. So being the paranoid and indecisive person (who also suffers from buyers remorse, so sue me) I am I decided to investigate, and this is what I learned; There are two DIFFERENT types of almond oil, sweet almond oil and bitter almond oil. Bitter almond oil is darker, smells more like almonds, and is considered an essential oil. Sweet almond oil is a fixed oil, which is why it feels well- oily! Sweet almond oil will not smell like almonds, even though it comes from the tree that produces the types of almonds that we eat so ravenously. Also, sweet almond oil is considered an ALL PURPOSE face moisturizer (kind of similar to coconut oil where you can cook with it but also put it in your hair, but it doesn't smell like coconuts-thank goodness). Where as bitter almond oil is not a fixed oil but rather an essential oil (repeating myself for clarity) and it isn't used in any way for skin care! It doesn't even have any aromatherapy benefits! It simply smells good, and therefore it goes into things like almond soaps, lotion bars, and lip balms. People just assume that the darker sweeter smelling almond oil therefore has the benefits that sweet almond oil has.
So- for those people questioning themselves buying this and thinking, "I don't want to rub veggie oil on my face! Plus it won't smell like anything!" please, calm down, take a deep breath and buy this. Seriously, do what I say and buy it right now. I use this in my body scrubs all the time, and when I say this I mean this specific brand! It's awesome! Put it on your face, your hair, your feet, your dog (not your dog), your hands, your chicken, everywhere. Because this oil is pure magic, and now that you know the difference between sweet almond oil and bitter almond oil you can now be an informed buyer.

P.S.- this where is where I got all my info (or you can just google it yourself. Whatever, I don't care)

[...]
7171 comments|2,222 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I have lately been intrigued with different oils from an angle of beauty skin-care and hair enhancement remedies. For the last three weeks, I have been using almond oil exclusively for skin, and hair benefits. Almond oil has a multitude of health benefits, but my review will focus on both skin and hair advantages and uses.

General Skin Care : As a skin aid, I use the Almond Oil on my dry skin, after my shower before toweling dry. This has worked very well to keep my dry skin softened in the hot summer desert climate.

Facial Skin Care : I have received the most REMARKABLE results of all as a facial skin remedy. I have used it daily on my face, after an application of face serum, and right before the moisturizer. Almond Oil is a moisturizer, but since I have dry skin, the oil acts as a sealant and used in combination with the moisturizer my face remains hydrated throughout the day. Another frequent use of mine is that I use just a few drops of this pure oil to lubricate my face before my derma roll sessions. In the process of derma rolling, my face stripped of my natural facial oils becomes dry and irritated. Therefore, a little pre-lubricant prevents the irritation, which enables me to extend my sessions without the pain. I also reapply almond oil after my nightly serum, and before my evening moisturizer. This is the area that I have received the most positive results. My facial fine lines are noticeably softer, less pronounced and appear diminished.

Deep Treatment Hair Care:
My Hair condition: Dry, coarse textured, thick, and color treated hair, (frizzy hair in both humid and dry climates) about an inch longer than shoulder length, with a small patch of itchy dry psoriasis in the back of my head.

In this area, I have received some satisfactory results using Almond Oil exclusively as a hair conditioning and moisturizing agent. From the internet, I found a pre-wash almond oil moisturizing technique, which I have outlined below:
1) Comb hair, and wet with water
2) Pour almond oil in the palm of your hand and using finger tips message into scalp, making sure all hair has a thin coating of oil
3) Cover with towel or shower cap and let oil soak for at least 30 minutes, or if possible overnight ( I waited 2 hours)
4) Wash out completely with shampoo to remove all excess oil

I followed this technique and after rinsing, my hair felt as if all natural oils were removed, I did not have the slippery clean feeling that I am accustomed to after a good conditioning, however, I resisted the urge to use a conditioner in order to test the validity of this deep conditioning method. I was surprised that my hair combed out easily, there were no tangles. I proceeded to my usual blow-dry and these are my final results.

My hair dried a little faster than usual. It was soft, and manageable, but not very smooth and it did not have the silky feeling that I received when I used argan oil. There was a little body, but not as much as I like for a `finished' look. The almond oil did not give the moisture retention that my hair requires. Disappointment the next morning, my hair was frizzy.

In conclusion: Almond Oil works remarkably well for me as a skin and facial skin care product. However, the results for a hair remedy solution fell short of my expectations. I am going to continue to experiment using the almond oil, mixed with different oils, as I believe the almond oil does have some essential hair and scalp care benefits, and perhaps working in conjunction with another oil I will receive all the improvements.

This concludes my review on Almond Oil, however if you wish to read further I have written about some other ways in which Almond Oil benefits other issues.

Almond Oil is known as a `carrier' oil, which means it can be used alone, with other carrier oils or in conjunction with `essential' oils.
There are two different types of Almond oil; there is the bitter, and then there is the sweet oil, which is responsible for the beneficial effects of health, skin and hair.

Almond can do wonders for the skin, hair and overall health. The almond is rich in antioxidants, high in vitamin E, fat and protein and the usage of this remarkable oil can treat many ailments along with various skin and hair issues.

Almond Oil Benefits for Healthier Skin:
Almond oil is suitable for most skin types, and is so gentle that it is often an ingredient used in many baby skin-care products.
Almond oil is rich in vitamin A, B and E, which are necessary for skin health. The oil helps to sustain moisture levels of the skin and is immediately absorbed without blocking the pores. It moisturizes better by going deeper, nourishing the skin, making it softer and smoother, which improves the complexion. This oil can relieve dry, irritated skin and skin inflammation, chapped lips and body rashes.

Reduces Dark Eye Circles - A natural solution to get rid of dark under eye circles. Apply the oil before going to bed and allow it to work overnight. For optimum results, apply nightly for a couple of weeks. The treatment will help to get rid of dark circles, and reduce dark eyelids and crow's feet.

Delays Signs of Ageing - Almond oil is excellent to reverse and prevent signs of ageing by renewing skin cells and invigorating the skin, ensuring younger, fresher and more radiant skin.

Removes Impurities and Dead Skin Cells - The skin tends to look dull due to dead skin cells that originate from external factors like pollution, dirt, sweat, etc. In order to get rid of dead skin cells and brighten the skin, a scrub can be made using a tbsp. of almond oil and a tsp. of sugar. Massage this scrub on the face in small circular motions to get rid of dead skin cells and blackheads.

Good solution for Psoriasis and Eczema - Almond oil helps to reduce inflammation, itching, and redness of the skin. Make a mixture by adding 2 tbsp. of almond oil, 5 drops of German Chamomile oil, 5 drops of lavender oil and 3 drops of vitamin E oil. Apply the mixture to the skin several times a day, this should help to ease the symptoms, and get rid of cracked skin and other skin problems.

Reduce Tanning - Due to sun exposure, many parts the face and body tend to get darker and tanned. To remove the layer of tan, make a paste of almond oil, honey, lime juice and milk powder. Apply the paste on the affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes before washing with water. This will help get rid of the tan and restore lost moisture of the skin.

Substitute for Hand and Foot Cream - Almond oil is a light and less greasy substitute for hand and foot creams. Due to its lightness, it is absorbed by the skin very quickly, and leaves a sweet fragrance. The rich zinc properties, is known to heal the skin and elimate dry and cracked skin on all parts of the body.

Makeup Remover - Almond oil is a light and less greasy option that acts as a makeup remover. The oil effectively opens the pores and ensures makeup is removed. In addition, it averts the odds of acne and pimple occurrence and works for all skin types.

Treats Chapped Lips - to soften and restore the natural pink make a natural lip balm by mixing almond oil and some honey. Store the mixture in an empty container and use it on the lips whenever they feel dry.

Wrinkles, Fine Lines and Crowfeet - An Almond Oil massage -This will help to improve the blood circulation and tighten up dull, aged skin.
Heat 2 teaspoons of almond oil and add 2 drops of Vitamin E oil. After it comes to a tolerable temperature, apply the mixture on face and massage gently in circular motion with finger tips for about 10-15 minutes. Wipe off face with a soft towel or tissue. Splash with water and pat dry.
This facial massage repairs skin and helps to eliminate wrinkles and fine lines with regular use. It also moisturizes and nourishes the dry skin.

Promotes Healthy and Strong Nails - To get healthy and strong nails, massage them with a few drops of almond oil. The potassium and zinc content leaves the nails stronger and more hydrated, making them less prone to peeling or breakage.

Almond Oil for Hair - Almond oil adds luster and makes hair look and feel healthy.

Long and Healthy Hair - Almond oil is a rich source of magnesium which is used in a variety of hair products. Deficiency of magnesium can result in heavy hair fall. Apply almond oil once or twice a week to moisturize the scalp. This reduces hair fall and improves hair quality. After massaging, soak a towel in hot water and wrap the hair. This ensures better absorption of the oil.

Split Ends - A mixture of almond, castor and olive oil in equal proportions massaged into the hair will get rid of split ends. Apply this once or twice a week to notice a change in a few weeks.

Substitute for Shine Enhancers and Leave-In Conditioners - Almond oil is light in texture and makes a great substitute for shine enhancers or leave-in conditioners for hair. For dry hair, almond oil has high moisturizing properties due to the essential fatty acids it contains.

Leaves Hair Shiny and Soft - Make a mixture of mashed avocado and oil mask and apply it to the hair as a hair mask. Leave it on for 30 minutes before washing with shampoo and conditioner. The mask ensures shinier and softer hair.

Treats Dandruff - Almond oil works effectively to cure dandruff on the scalp by removing dead cells. A mixture of mashed gooseberry and almond oil applied on the hair and left for 30 minutes, then followed by a hair wash, will soothe the scalp and ensure shinier hair.

Reduces Scalp Inflammation - The scalp is exposed to dust, heat, pollution, chemical styling products that leads to inflammation. This problem can lead to dandruff, scalp infections, and hair fall. Almond oil regularly used on the scalp will reduce the inflammation. Due to the high content of fatty acids, it moisturizes and softens the scalp tissues and improves the blood circulation, which helps in reducing the inflammation.

There are also some incredible health benefits of Almond. I will not go into these health benefits, but below I have made a list.
1. Prevents Heart Ailments
2. Weight Loss
3. Regulates Blood Pressure and Maintains Cholesterol Levels
4. Boosts Immunity and Aids Digestion
5. Boost Memory and Strengthens Nervous System
6. Enhances Blood Circulation and Baby's Bone Development
7. Relives Pain and Stress of Muscles

The benefits of almond oil are extensive, worthwhile as a natural ingredient to add in your shopping list. A few drops of this wonder oil will work like a magic spell to transform a more beautiful and healthier you.

Thank you for reading my review.
33 comments|358 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2015
This oil works perfectly for body scrub as a carrier oil, which is what I bought it for. I used it in a blend with dead sea salts, rosehip oil, and peppermint essential oil and it works and feels absolutely fantastic! Almond oil is a wonderful nourishing oil for all-over skincare. It helps promote soft and healthy skin by increasing skin's moisture level. This almond oil also works wonderfully for massage - every now and then I can convince my hubby to give me a back massage and the almond oil works so nicely, and feels great on shoulders / backs.
review image review image
0Comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 6, 2011
I began to use almond oil to address a dry scalp and brittle hair issue. Little did I know when I bought my first bottle that I'd stumbled onto a miracle oil that serves as an excellent moisturizer from head to toe. I massage in a small amount after a bath and my skin is supple (it also has the slight glow another reviewer wrote of!). I began pressing a small amount of the oil into my face as the ultimate test. So far, it's softened the few lines I have with no clogged pores or allergic reactions. I may never go back to the expensive creams I'd been using as a nighttime moisturizer. Oh, and as for the dry scalp, my hair is soft and there is markedly reduced breakage. Almond oil is IT.
33 comments|482 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 4, 2012
I am guilty for having being quite cruel to my once healthy, thick and long manageable hair. Permanent straightening, then curling, then colouring, then blow drying and of course hair iron.

None of these anymore.

FOR SCALP & HAIR - Anyways, I recently started researching for recipe's for homemade hair masks to heal, lengthen and strengthen my hair. Majority of the recipe's had Castor oil in it and also as a kid my mother would apply castor oil to my eyebrows, to help thicken them. That got me to think and also to invest in this product along with NOW Sweet Almond oil. Just 2 weeks of using this product I felt my hair strands more thicker and noticeably less brittle. I apply a mixture of (NOW castor oil, NOW Almond Oil and Parachute Coconut Oil) twice a week and keep it overnight. I make the homemade mask with (Avocado, Eggs, Banana, Raw honey, NOW castor oil, NOW Almond Oil and Olive oil) every weekend and leave it on for 2 hours and shampoo and condition normal with COLD preferably or luke warm water. Hot water will cook the egg in your hair and I'd much prefer having scrambled eggs in my tummy than on my hair...lol! After every wash I re-apply (a drop of each-Castor, almond, coconut) just to my roots and ends when my hair is very wet, they work great as a leave-in conditioner and my hair doesn't feel greasy after they air dry. Instead they are nice bouncy and shiny

Its been a month since I have started the above routine and I am so glad to have found these 2 products that I am hooked for good. I prefer to mix castor oil with Almond because its consistency is quite thick and Almond helps to smooth the application as well as moisturize, whereas castor gets the circulation going.

DURING AND AFTER SHAVE - I also add the NOW sweet Almond Oil to my shaving cream or gel to smoothen the shaving process on my legs etc. Apply it after shave as well to avoid dry, itchy skin.

EYEBROWS - I have recently tried using mixture of (castor oil and almond oil) on my eyebrows and eyelashes (be careful - avoid your tear ducts area and don't let it go into your eyes). Don't know whether its working on my eyelashes or not cos I am not keeping tabs but definitely noticed new hair growth on my eye brows. I do this before I go to bed. In the morning I take Almond oil on a round cotton ball and swipe over my eye-lids (just like when you attempt to remove eye-makeup) Just to give it a thorough swipe cos of the thickness castor oil contains and then wash your face normally. I suffer from mild to average acne and I feared of breakouts but to my surprise this routine after I washed it off gave a lovely glow around my eyes and forehead. Maybe I'll try just almond oil on face next time when I make my face pack.

I am very happy with NOW products, received them in timely manner, in good condition and above all they are so ridiculously CHEAP. I have vowed NOT to buy expensive shampoos or conditioners or soap cos my hair, my scalp and skin are already getting all the nourishment it requires from the above routine's so why spend any more.

PLEASE NOTE - Whenever trying anything new preferably do a small test to see if it suits you. Cos what works for one person may not work for everybody.
1313 comments|336 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 21, 2015
Rub in few drops on each area of your body after a bath or shower to relieve winter-dry skin. It's pure, inexpensive, and lasts, effectively, all day. It's fragrance-free (unless you want to add a fragranced oil like 100% pure lavender), and you know exactly every ingredient you're putting on your delicate, sensitive skin. That's important to me in this age of hard-to-spell (and harder-to-pronounce!) chemicals. Obviously don't use it if you have an allergy or sensitivity to tree-nuts.
review image
on April 20, 2015
I give this almond oil 4 stars even though it fell from the dresser, the cap popped off and like 75 percent of it poured down on and into the floor. The bottle is not designed to fall from any height at all if it lands on its top. I feel like modern bottle engineers should do better than that, and thus I deducted a star.

As for the product itself... it seems pretty decent to me. I put it on different parts of my body over the winter, to reduce that dry, chafey winter feel. It felt pretty good and was more agreeable than bag balm and maybe better than shea butters. I guess I didn't lube myself up frequently enough to give as good of a review as more experienced self-lubers could. But I'm happy with the product.

I don't know anything about the company. I assume they're probably as good and trustworthy as you'd find anywhere. Never met any of them, but I give them the benifit of the doubt.
review image review image
44 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 8, 2013
Almond oil works great as a nourishing moisturizer for your skin. Though it may feel weird if you haven't tried it, using natural oil as a moisturizer is a great way to keep your skin hydrated, which sends a signal to the pores to stop producing oil and sebum, which causes acne and clogged pores. Most unnatural cream "moisturizers" actually end up clogging pores, thus making your skin more oily, and can contribute to blemishes, even though they do technically hydrate the skin, which is why using oil as a moisturizer is great for oily and acne-prone skin. Like evening primrose oil, almond oil is quickly and easily absorbed into the skin, and won't clog pores, so you won't look or feel oily or "greasy." You will find that your skin is actually less oily and shiny throughout the day when using almond oil as a moisturizer.

Another added benefit of using almond oil is that you can mix it with other oils, such as evening primrose oil, sea buckthorn oil, tea tree oil, or jojoba oil, to name a few, for a custom moisturizer formula. Personally, I like to use a couple drops of almond oil mixed with a couple drops of evening primrose oil as a morning moisturizer, and then a mix of almond oil, evening primrose oil, sea buckthorn oil, and tea tree oil at night before bed.

Natural oils, especially almond oil, are also extremely affordable. A few ounces will last you months since you only need to use 2-3 drops at a time for your entire face. You will find that almond oil makes your skin more soft, supple, and even-toned, and gives it a natural, healthy, radiant "glow." Many people also like to add almond oil to their conditioner for their hair, which makes the hair shiny and soft.

Almonds are naturally very anti-inflammatory due to their healthy fatty acids. Almond oil can also reduce the effects of ultraviolet B rays on the skin. Just put a few drops in your palm and gently rub it on your face. Your skin will obviously appear oily at first, but this will go away within a few minutes once the almond oil has been fully absorbed.

NOW Foods is my favorite source for almond oil. Their sweet almond oil is 100% pure, expeller-pressed, hexane-free, and food grade (edible).
on December 3, 2012
I have tried emu oil, olive oil, castor oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, and jojoba oil. This oil tops them all. I have added it to my arsenal. It is very light, odorless, and sinks right into skin and hair. Because it is so economical, you can use it all over everyday. I use it straight from the bottle after taking a shower and I use it in my homemade hair mixes. I spritz my hair with water and rub a few drops into my hair and it keeps it soft all day. I don't know how I managed to do without this oil for so long. I am a convert and will always purchase sweet almond oil from Amazon.
on August 27, 2012
Almond oil is an oil that I use as a carrier for many homemade recipes, including with essential oils. I really like the NOW brand and continue to support their company.