5.0 out of 5 stars I feel better now
Published 2 months ago by Weldon Tremble

1.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing for me
I have been looking for something to help with some minor anxiety. Did not want to take any heavy medication, so was looking for something to take the edge off. I tried this and other products, they had no effect on me.

I am posting this review so that others may know that while this works for some, it does not work for all. Each case will be different.
Published 11 months ago by Marty

5.0 out of 5 stars I feel better now, October 13, 2014
This review is from: NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules (Health and Beauty)
I originally purchased this product with the intention of helping me "feel" better, mood-wise; and it definitely did that. Quickly too! I also discovered it helped me a lot to sleep more soundly. So, I now take it right before going to sleep. I not only sleep better, but the "good" feeling lasts all day long! I've been taking 5-HTP for almost 6 months already, and plan to continue to taking it for at least another six months.

I also take a Mood support supp at night called Tranquili which really seems to help too;

#1 Top Rated For Rapid Anxiety and Stress Relief ★ Pharmaceutical Grade Anti-Anxiety Formula for Relaxation and Stress Reduction With Mood Support & Patented AES® Delivery System for Maximum Absorption ★ Try it 100% Risk Free!

I think the best part of taking these products is that they take effect quickly, and you don't need to take it consistently and wait for it to build up in your system. There will be days when I do not take the TranquiliX for example and notice a difference in my mood and then I will take it that night, and feel much better in the morning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly shocked, September 3, 2012
I had spent years managing my anxiety with alcohol and all was going smooth until I started throwing up blood. I scheduled an appointment with a mental health specialist while I had already been taking this product. I didn't feel much for 10 days, I mean I did drink hard liquor almost everyday for 15 years straight which is why I couldn't feel this lol. I really didn't want to get on prescriptions because in my mind they were more dangerous than alcohol. I know this because I remember while I was on Paxil I thought to my self killing my self would be an easy way to get rid of my problems. I knew them thoughts weren't mine so I poured all my pills down the toilet. Long story short, after 5 days of sobriety from alcohol a miracle happened. This product took over me and gave me a since of well being and calmness. Since this feeling felt way better than the alcohol ever did I knew I was never going back to liquor again. Well this product may have helped some of you mildly; it saved my life because my dad and grand dad both died in their sleeps as a result of liver damage from alcohol. I hate the stuff now and can't stand to be around it and I owe it to this product and God. Thanks who ever created this.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for menopause women, January 9, 2013
it's good and lighten your mood swings this is a great price as well compared to other avenues....thanks for having this available

5.0 out of 5 stars true calm is true calm, September 17, 2010
This is the first otc product out of hundreds that I have tried and can honestly say it works. From the very first day true calm has worked great for me. I feel very relaxed and peaceful, without any sleepy effect. I would recommend giving this a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped., December 12, 2012
I am an anxiety suffer. This is a great natural way to help with the panic attacks. When I have severe panic attack I have to take the medication my doctor gave me, ut this product is great for day to day stress.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did nothing for me, January 1, 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, August 13, 2011
For the price the item it is nice. However not strong as a benzo I.E. xanax, clonzepam or the other medications. It does give a level feeling. It takes about 4 capsules to notice this for me. For a full blown panic attack this would not be the best to use. This would be nice for very mild anxiety and daily use.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, January 22, 2013
I tend to get really anxious in social situations. I was starting school soon and wanted to see if these would help calm me down a bit. They did absolutely nothing for me. It was worth the try though. It's different for everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective anti-anxiety supplement, July 31, 2011
This product has really helped my wife overcome feelings of anxiety. She would often feel anxiety during late afternoon/evening, or especially when the weather changed.

Taking 2 doses/day has practically eliminated all unexplained anxiety.

Taking the full dosage, 3/day made her too sleepy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of my morning energy booster routine, March 11, 2013
I had 2 healthy pregnancies + 1 miscarriage in 3 years while working full time and breastfeeding my first. Stress stress stress -- tension, anxiety, worry -- go go go. I was depleted and so so tired and I didn't realize the full extent. I quit my job, which helped. I ended up getting "addicted" to Monster the energy drink, a craving for it every day and coffee wouldn't do it but I wanted to transition away from artificial sweeteners and caffeine. Because I was pretty sure it was the b vitamins I was craving in the drink, I went on the hunt for a replacement. I found true calm while looking for inositol and thought, well that could come in handy and got it. Well, wow! I tried taking this in the evening to wind down, and it perked me up! I repeated the experiment, figured out this stuff was working like Monster for me so now I take this in the morning with a B vitamin complex + methylcobalin B12 + methylfolate (disclosure: I also take cod liver oil, vitamin D in olive oil, sea kelp, a lithium supplement occasionally, and usually MCT or coconut oil which provides ketones and is also an energy booster). And I just feel terrific all day long then I get sleepy at bedtime (I do avoid bluelight after dark too, I have an app running that filters out blue on my pc to assist sleepiness), I fall asleep immediately. I'm finally satisfied with my physical output during the day. I think I'm a nice mommy, even tempered and rolling with the punches while still completing my tasks. I'm happy.

NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules