5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Insomnia as well
I tried Valerian, Melatonin, ZMA, you name it for sleep. This is the ONLY product that helped me get some shut-eye.

Highly recommended.
Published on December 1, 2010 by Dano Maxwell

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok
For the price the item it is nice. However not strong as a benzo I.E. xanax, clonzepam or the other medications. It does give a level feeling. It takes about 4 capsules to notice this for me. For a full blown panic attack this would not be the best to use. This would be nice for very mild anxiety and daily use.
Published on August 13, 2011 by P from SC

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Insomnia as well, December 1, 2010
Dano Maxwell "Dano" (Boston, MA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules (Health and Beauty)

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helped., December 12, 2012
I am an anxiety suffer. This is a great natural way to help with the panic attacks. When I have severe panic attack I have to take the medication my doctor gave me, ut this product is great for day to day stress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly shocked, September 3, 2012
I had spent years managing my anxiety with alcohol and all was going smooth until I started throwing up blood. I scheduled an appointment with a mental health specialist while I had already been taking this product. I didn't feel much for 10 days, I mean I did drink hard liquor almost everyday for 15 years straight which is why I couldn't feel this lol. I really didn't want to get on prescriptions because in my mind they were more dangerous than alcohol. I know this because I remember while I was on Paxil I thought to my self killing my self would be an easy way to get rid of my problems. I knew them thoughts weren't mine so I poured all my pills down the toilet. Long story short, after 5 days of sobriety from alcohol a miracle happened. This product took over me and gave me a since of well being and calmness. Since this feeling felt way better than the alcohol ever did I knew I was never going back to liquor again. Well this product may have helped some of you mildly; it saved my life because my dad and grand dad both died in their sleeps as a result of liver damage from alcohol. I hate the stuff now and can't stand to be around it and I owe it to this product and God. Thanks who ever created this.

4.0 out of 5 stars works pretty well, April 28, 2014
I am skeptical about pills and products that are natural and claim to decrease anxiety/depression, help you to lose weight etc. However, this product takes a little bit to build up into your system, but once you take 3 caps every day for about a week r so you can tell the difference. I wasn't tired while taking it and I was still worried about some things but it was easier for me to process that we live in a world where there is always going to be anxieties and worries, but it is how we chose to deal with them that matters. But taking this product helped me to relax a bit and be calm even when in a stressful situation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok, August 13, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Part of my morning energy booster routine, March 11, 2013
I had 2 healthy pregnancies + 1 miscarriage in 3 years while working full time and breastfeeding my first. Stress stress stress -- tension, anxiety, worry -- go go go. I was depleted and so so tired and I didn't realize the full extent. I quit my job, which helped. I ended up getting "addicted" to Monster the energy drink, a craving for it every day and coffee wouldn't do it but I wanted to transition away from artificial sweeteners and caffeine. Because I was pretty sure it was the b vitamins I was craving in the drink, I went on the hunt for a replacement. I found true calm while looking for inositol and thought, well that could come in handy and got it. Well, wow! I tried taking this in the evening to wind down, and it perked me up! I repeated the experiment, figured out this stuff was working like Monster for me so now I take this in the morning with a B vitamin complex + methylcobalin B12 + methylfolate (disclosure: I also take cod liver oil, vitamin D in olive oil, sea kelp, a lithium supplement occasionally, and usually MCT or coconut oil which provides ketones and is also an energy booster). And I just feel terrific all day long then I get sleepy at bedtime (I do avoid bluelight after dark too, I have an app running that filters out blue on my pc to assist sleepiness), I fall asleep immediately. I'm finally satisfied with my physical output during the day. I think I'm a nice mommy, even tempered and rolling with the punches while still completing my tasks. I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, July 2, 2012
I have been on medications for anxiety on and off for years and found the prescription medications to put me on an emotional rollercoaster. I was a cancer patient approximately 3 years ago and wanted something more natural and after researching different products, decided on True Calm. I've been taking them on and off depending on what I have going on for about a month and wanted to give it a good true review. What a difference in my life. I actually take this product in the morning instead of night time, but am thinking more a long the lines of one in the morning and one at night to give me good sleep, considering I only get about 4-5 hours. I don't find myself to have any anxiety or explosive personality while taking True Calm at all. It calms me down and lets me settle into off days and just except them for what they are instead of flying off the wall. I have a job, business, two kids and a horse farm and I seem to pull through a busy day with a "take it for what it is attitude" instead of panicking all day long. I have tried not taking it on certain days just to see if True Calm is what is making hte difference and find it to be the product. Not all products do work for all people and yes some people have side affects, but for the money and the chance it might work for you, it's worth the money and the chance. I love it and am so happy to be off prescription drugs. This is the first product in all my years that I have taken the time to write a review on! Good luck :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me., June 11, 2013
I am bipolar and have been on a mood stabilizer for a few years, which has done wonders for me. In addition to the bipolar disorder I have been trying to manage anxiety by exercising, eating healthy, yoga, essential oils, and relaxation tapes. Even with all of that I still have some trouble occasionally so I talked to my doc about anti-anxiety meds. Since I am a recovering alcoholic, my options are very limited because most of those meds are habit forming. I bought True Calm as a last resort but really did not believe it would work for me. Well I was wrong! It has helped so much. Been taking this for two months now, 1 to 3 times a day, 4 - 5 days a week. I still use all of the other tools to help manage anxiety & bipolar and pop a True Calm if I start to feel like I need something extra, especially when I have PMS. Another one of my favorite tools that I use most evenings for anxiety and back pain from a herniated disc: HemingWeigh® Acupressure Mat (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, March 21, 2011
Corinne (Goshen, IN, US) - See all my reviews
This is great for helping with anxiety or just relaxing. When I started a new job I felt some anxiety and this helped bring it down a couple notches. I hear it is good for muscle relaxing too but have not had to use it for that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me, February 14, 2013
I m not saying this product could work on others, it did not work for me... I did not feel any difference

NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Capsules