Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: NOW Foods True Calm Amino Relaxer, 90 Veg Capsules
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 90|Change
Price:$9.59+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 243 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on October 13, 2014
I originally purchased this product with the intention of helping me "feel" better, mood-wise; and it definitely did that. Quickly too! I also discovered it helped me a lot to sleep more soundly. So, I now take it right before going to sleep. I not only sleep better, but the "good" feeling lasts all day long! I've been taking 5-HTP for almost 6 months already, and plan to continue to taking it for at least another six months.

I also take a Mood support supp at night called Tranquili which really seems to help too;

#1 Top Rated For Rapid Anxiety and Stress Relief ★ Pharmaceutical Grade Anti-Anxiety Formula for Relaxation and Stress Reduction With Mood Support & Patented AES® Delivery System for Maximum Absorption ★ Try it 100% Risk Free!

I think the best part of taking these products is that they take effect quickly, and you don't need to take it consistently and wait for it to build up in your system. There will be days when I do not take the TranquiliX for example and notice a difference in my mood and then I will take it that night, and feel much better in the morning.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2016
I have been taking this product as a supplement for about a month now and my results are actually quite surprising. I have dealt with anxiety and was on various medications that seemed to work but also seemed to tone down all of my feelings to the point where I felt apathetic about everything. I decided to try to find a new way to manage my stress and anxiety and get off of the medications I was taking. For starters, I only had occasional anxiety when it came to new situations, or big exams. My anxiety was manageable without medication but it was difficult at times. I also suffered from anxiety induced insomnia which I have struggled with for about half a year. I decided to try to take a more natural approach. I started by taking one of these pills in the morning and one in the evening. I didn't notice huge changes at first except for my sleeping habits. I noticed that I was falling asleep faster and waking up less groggy in the morning that I typically did when taking other medication. After about a month I noticed that I was less stressed and didn't feel apathetic at all. I feel like I have reset my brain and am finally able to be myself again. I would say that if you suffer from mild anxiety like me that these pills are worth a shot. They might not work for everyone but they worked for me.
on August 31, 2015
For the past 30 days I've had the WORST anxiety and panic attacks post lexapro. True Calm worked as well as lexapro but it's all natural. GABA is the most beneficial ingredient in this bottle. Works fast and very well!
on June 12, 2016
I really have noticed a difference in my stress levels after taking this supplement. I never had anxiety until about 6 months ago when I fainted at work and then noticed I was having anxiety over it happening again and subsequently causing me panic attacks. This has really helped calm me down, I don't know if it is a placebo or not but I have really noticed a difference.
on January 21, 2016
I combine this with Holy Basil and 5 htp. This has totally helped calm my anger issues and racing heart rate.
on January 23, 2016
This stuff is calming to me. Sometimes, it makes me feel like taking a nap (but not every time, primarily if I already am short on sleep the previous night).

This is great for taking the edge off when I'm feeling crabby with the kids.

It seems gentle. I haven't noticed any disturbing side effects whatsoever.
on October 25, 2014
This is great stuff. I myself use it, as do several of my children. I like the fact that it contains magnesium also, which is helpful for migraines.
It always works quickly for us.
on March 9, 2016
This stuff is amazing. One of these and I'm out in less than 15 min. it has valerian so if you're not a fan, avoid. Also comes with Gaba, so if you have a few impulse control issues, like shopping or those donuts at work, this will work on your brain and tone that down. At least, that's what I've found.
on May 18, 2016
I really enjoyed this product;it does what it says it does and for just a great price!! Need to purchase some more as I just ran out. Product came quickly. Thanks Amazon----YOU'RE THE BEST!!!! --- Love shopping with Amazon. Have never been disappointed. --- Lynn
on March 1, 2016
It has quickly become a staple in my house.I work a nightshift and sleep during the day. This combined with 3 or 5mg melatonin is the perfect way to induce sleep. Taking this alone will not cause drowsiness , it will make you feel relaxed equal to drinking like one light beer. Unless you are already tired, then it will knock you out, lol. I have no issues with this giving me a "hangover" the next morning like the antihistine based sleep drugs can. Highly recommend.