Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

Size: 90|Change

on October 13, 2014
I originally purchased this product with the intention of helping me "feel" better, mood-wise; and it definitely did that. Quickly too! I also discovered it helped me a lot to sleep more soundly. So, I now take it right before going to sleep. I not only sleep better, but the "good" feeling lasts all day long! I've been taking 5-HTP for almost 6 months already, and plan to continue to taking it for at least another six months.

I also take a Mood support supp at night called Tranquili which really seems to help too;

#1 Top Rated For Rapid Anxiety and Stress Relief ★ Pharmaceutical Grade Anti-Anxiety Formula for Relaxation and Stress Reduction With Mood Support & Patented AES® Delivery System for Maximum Absorption ★ Try it 100% Risk Free!

I think the best part of taking these products is that they take effect quickly, and you don't need to take it consistently and wait for it to build up in your system. There will be days when I do not take the TranquiliX for example and notice a difference in my mood and then I will take it that night, and feel much better in the morning.
22 comments| 146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2016
I have been taking this product as a supplement for about a month now and my results are actually quite surprising. I have dealt with anxiety and was on various medications that seemed to work but also seemed to tone down all of my feelings to the point where I felt apathetic about everything. I decided to try to find a new way to manage my stress and anxiety and get off of the medications I was taking. For starters, I only had occasional anxiety when it came to new situations, or big exams. My anxiety was manageable without medication but it was difficult at times. I also suffered from anxiety induced insomnia which I have struggled with for about half a year. I decided to try to take a more natural approach. I started by taking one of these pills in the morning and one in the evening. I didn't notice huge changes at first except for my sleeping habits. I noticed that I was falling asleep faster and waking up less groggy in the morning that I typically did when taking other medication. After about a month I noticed that I was less stressed and didn't feel apathetic at all. I feel like I have reset my brain and am finally able to be myself again. I would say that if you suffer from mild anxiety like me that these pills are worth a shot. They might not work for everyone but they worked for me.
on May 21, 2013
got this product based on reviews i read. it did work for about a week but then started to leave a bad taste i couldn't get rid of no matter what i tried. bumping up dose helped but then the metallic taste became worse as well. so it's a trade off. on one hand it was mildly helpful....on the other it added a new, unwanted after affect i also had to resolve. in the end i found another product that didn't affect me so negatively.
on August 31, 2015
For the past 30 days I've had the WORST anxiety and panic attacks post lexapro. True Calm worked as well as lexapro but it's all natural. GABA is the most beneficial ingredient in this bottle. Works fast and very well!
on June 12, 2016
I really have noticed a difference in my stress levels after taking this supplement. I never had anxiety until about 6 months ago when I fainted at work and then noticed I was having anxiety over it happening again and subsequently causing me panic attacks. This has really helped calm me down, I don't know if it is a placebo or not but I have really noticed a difference.
on September 14, 2015
excellent herbal supplement for stressed out mommas! great for treating PMS and menopausal symptoms.
draw back is the capsule is made from pork gelatin. that's unhealthy and very gross. so I have to empty the contents in my smoothy. it tastes so nasty in tea... so if you get this and eat kosher, vegan or just don't want to consume pig enzymes in your healthy vitamin, I would recommend putting in a smoothy... not tea.
on January 21, 2016
I combine this with Holy Basil and 5 htp. This has totally helped calm my anger issues and racing heart rate.
on July 10, 2016
I used to use Relax-ALL by MRM but thought I'd give True Calm a try. Just didn't work for me. I can tell when I take a Relax All at night as I sleep deeply for six hours, and it also makes me sleepy about 30 mins after taking it. RA also doesn't make me sleepy in the morning (I can't take melatonin for that reason as it takes too long to wear off).

True Calm didn't seem to have much of an effect - no sleepiness after taking it, still restless during the night etc. I think maybe the GABA or Valerian wasn't what was helping me sleep soundly; maybe it was L-Tryptophan that Relax All has, or some other ingredient.
on January 22, 2015
Oh, it works.... a little TOO well. I was hoping it would help me with some anxiety issues I was having. But shortly after taking it, I could barely keep my eyes open! I still take it at bedtime sometimes when my mind is racing and I can't sleep, but can't take it during the day.
on January 23, 2016
This stuff is calming to me. Sometimes, it makes me feel like taking a nap (but not every time, primarily if I already am short on sleep the previous night).

This is great for taking the edge off when I'm feeling crabby with the kids.

It seems gentle. I haven't noticed any disturbing side effects whatsoever.