5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, tough laces
Published on May 8, 2008 by W. Miskelly

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Oxford/formal
Based on the reviews and looks from pictures I ordered few pairs in black. Unfortunately these are boot or casual wear laces and NOT fit to be called, at best, the formal or oxford looks. But I am keeping them for my other casual wear boots and as it seems I will run out of boots but these will last longer than shoes itself.

These are much thicker and seem...
Published on December 11, 2010 by Keeper™

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, tough laces, May 8, 2008
I recently purchased a pair of dress shoes that tends to be tough on laces. By that I mean that the laces that came with the shoes were quickly frayed by the friction of passing through they eyes, and broke within a few weeks. I tried to purchase some laces locally, but they too quickly frayed. I decided to purchase these laces - 8 pairs, in fact, to make sure I'd have a plenty of replacements as they too shredded. Big mistake. These laces look good and are top quality. 1 pair of laces will likely last longer than the shoes. No signs of wear at all. Wish the shoe manufacturer would have used these laces in the first place. Certainly would have saved me several shopping trips.

These laces are thicker than what you normally see in dress shoes, but I don't find that they in any way detract from the appearance of my shoes. Most importantly, they're very tough and strong. I no longer worry about too quickly and firmly tightening my laces - these will take any abuse I throw at them and not flinch. If I lose the extra laces I purchased and someday find myself in need of replacement laces, I can only hope to be fortunate enough to again find these laces available for sale on Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Oxford/formal, December 11, 2010
Keeper™ (SFBay Area, CA) - See all my reviews

These are much thicker and seem pretty strong. Another good part about them is that they dont get loose as much as others do, specifically the formal/thin ones do. I do like them but wish I could use them for formal wear which I can not.

My disclaimer, as business requirements and my personal choice, I am little particular about small details that may depend case to case basis but thought one should know before ordering - as my 2c and humble opinion. Hope this helps

Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent laces. They stay tied., October 25, 2010
This review is from: FootGalaxy High Quality Round Laces For Boots And Shoes (Apparel)
Generally, the laces that come with man's casual shoes are some slippery synthetic that comes loose or untied on its own several times a day. In the past, I have usually gone with cotton replacements. Not so durable, but they stay tied. These laces are great. I don't know what they are made of, but they do stay tied all day, and they don't snag on the rough skin of my hands like cotton. I've used them for maybe a month, and they show no signs or wear or fraying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shoelaces For Any Occasion, April 12, 2010
FootGalaxy offers a variety of shoelace styles to fulfill all your shoe-tying needs. These round laces are my favorite shoelaces in the world: they are extremely well made, have extraordinarily tough aglets, and are very reasonably priced. These laces seem slightly larger in diameter than typical laces, and are almost assuredly better than the laces that come with a new pair of shoes. Even though flat laces generally stay more securely tied than round laces in my experience, these round laces exhibit no tendency to come untied without provocation. (If you want flat laces, FootGalaxy also makes those, though I have not personally used them.) These laces always have always outlasted the shoes I have put them in.

The laces are very reasonably priced, but shipping a single pair is pricey; I recommend buying a few pairs at the same time to save on shipping charges. The people at FootGalaxy have come up with a wide variety of colors for you to try, so feel free to experiment.

I highly recommend these shoelaces.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, cheap, easily unravel; do not buy, June 23, 2013
Just got the green and red round laces and am supremely incensed to see how cheap they are. They aren't even good polyester, obviously will unravel quickly, so aren't worthy of using in shoes or boots. I just asked for approval to return both them, and the flat laces. Doubt that I'll get the $5.50 shipping charge back, and will have to pay to ship them back, which will cost me another $3 or so. Thus I paid over $8 just to LOOK AT a terrible product in any category, from Foot Galaxy. Never again will buy from that company. They aren't honest in their depictions.

For these laces are even worse than the polyester laces you'd find in dollar stores or Walmart. Do Not Buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shoe laces just right, April 6, 2010
I was looking for plain round sturdy shoe laces. I never imagined so many choices were available from FootGalaxy. I found just the ones I was looking for in plain white. I only wish there were more choices in local stores because paying $5.50 to put shoe laces in an envelope to send by USPS seems excessive, three times the cost of the laces themselves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, December 8, 2012
A Reader (Clinton Corners) - See all my reviews
I bought these laces based on the reviews that I had read here. They took a while to be shipped and I wish that I had seen the most recent review before I ordered. I agree, the lace thickness is (much) smaller than I thought. The older reviews raved about how thick they are. I already paid too much for shipping so I won't return them. I'll just never order "inexpensive" laces from here again.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong size, January 11, 2012
I ordered 45 inch laces, received 54 inch, too long to be useable.
It wasn't worth shipping back, so I'm just grumbling

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst shoe laces ever!, September 30, 2013
Who makes a shoelace that does not stay tied?

I have to bend and tie my lace every 10 minutes... The material is not good ...it keeps slipping and it keeps getting undone after just a few minutes... its ridiculous!

Do the people who work in the factor making these ever use them?

Too bad I bought 5 pairs of them./ Now I need to go looking for shoe laces

4.0 out of 5 stars Too thick for dress shoes, December 31, 2011
Gabriel Mello (Brownsville, TX, US) - See all my reviews
These are nice looking, high quality laces. Just know that they are a little bit too thick to try and use with dress boots or shoes. Otherwise no complaints.

Rate and Discover Movies