Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 8, 2008
I recently purchased a pair of dress shoes that tends to be tough on laces. By that I mean that the laces that came with the shoes were quickly frayed by the friction of passing through they eyes, and broke within a few weeks. I tried to purchase some laces locally, but they too quickly frayed. I decided to purchase these laces - 8 pairs, in fact, to make sure I'd have a plenty of replacements as they too shredded. Big mistake. These laces look good and are top quality. 1 pair of laces will likely last longer than the shoes. No signs of wear at all. Wish the shoe manufacturer would have used these laces in the first place. Certainly would have saved me several shopping trips.

These laces are thicker than what you normally see in dress shoes, but I don't find that they in any way detract from the appearance of my shoes. Most importantly, they're very tough and strong. I no longer worry about too quickly and firmly tightening my laces - these will take any abuse I throw at them and not flinch. If I lose the extra laces I purchased and someday find myself in need of replacement laces, I can only hope to be fortunate enough to again find these laces available for sale on Amazon.
on December 11, 2010
Based on the reviews and looks from pictures I ordered few pairs in black. Unfortunately these are boot or casual wear laces and NOT fit to be called, at best, the formal or oxford looks. But I am keeping them for my other casual wear boots and as it seems I will run out of boots but these will last longer than shoes itself.

These are much thicker and seem pretty strong. Another good part about them is that they dont get loose as much as others do, specifically the formal/thin ones do. I do like them but wish I could use them for formal wear which I can not.

My disclaimer, as business requirements and my personal choice, I am little particular about small details that may depend case to case basis but thought one should know before ordering - as my 2c and humble opinion. Hope this helps

Thanks
88 comments| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 25, 2010
Generally, the laces that come with man's casual shoes are some slippery synthetic that comes loose or untied on its own several times a day. In the past, I have usually gone with cotton replacements. Not so durable, but they stay tied. These laces are great. I don't know what they are made of, but they do stay tied all day, and they don't snag on the rough skin of my hands like cotton. I've used them for maybe a month, and they show no signs or wear or fraying.
on April 6, 2010
I was looking for plain round sturdy shoe laces. I never imagined so many choices were available from FootGalaxy. I found just the ones I was looking for in plain white. I only wish there were more choices in local stores because paying $5.50 to put shoe laces in an envelope to send by USPS seems excessive, three times the cost of the laces themselves.
on December 8, 2012
I bought these laces based on the reviews that I had read here. They took a while to be shipped and I wish that I had seen the most recent review before I ordered. I agree, the lace thickness is (much) smaller than I thought. The older reviews raved about how thick they are. I already paid too much for shipping so I won't return them. I'll just never order "inexpensive" laces from here again.
on March 17, 2015
I know most people give these 5 (or 4) stars, but here's why I didn't. It's common knowledge, or at least I thought it was, that the way to determine the length needed for laces is to count the number of wholes on one side of your shoe, and mulitply by 6. Therefore, a shoe with 5 holes on one side would require a 30" shoelace. Guess what? These laces don't come in multiples of 6. They don't come in multiples of anything. It just seems to be random numbers. The quality seems good. But for myself, getting the correct size is the highest priority. And they don't even offer the size that I need. So now I'm stuck with laces too short and, the next size larger would be way too large.
on September 30, 2013
Who makes a shoelace that does not stay tied?

I have to bend and tie my lace every 10 minutes... The material is not good ...it keeps slipping and it keeps getting undone after just a few minutes... its ridiculous!

Do the people who work in the factor making these ever use them?

Too bad I bought 5 pairs of them./ Now I need to go looking for shoe laces
on March 17, 2011
With both my timberlands and doc martens, the shoelaces frayed within the first 2-3 months of buying them. These laces were the perfect replacement. The look good, but even more importantly, they are fully woven, waxed, and the tips seem like they will hold up forever. Beware of the metal-tipped version of these, as the tips are too big to fit through most eyelets.
on May 19, 2016
They were a little too long, but I worked around it by taking two passes through the bottom eyelets. They sent a nice sizing chart with the laces, but if it was on Amazon, I missed it. The quality seems really good. I will look for them in the future (as well as hang on to the sizing chart!).
FootGalaxy offers a variety of shoelace styles to fulfill all your shoe-tying needs. These round laces are my favorite shoelaces in the world: they are extremely well made, have extraordinarily tough aglets, and are very reasonably priced. These laces seem slightly larger in diameter than typical laces, and are almost assuredly better than the laces that come with a new pair of shoes. Even though flat laces generally stay more securely tied than round laces in my experience, these round laces exhibit no tendency to come untied without provocation. (If you want flat laces, FootGalaxy also makes those, though I have not personally used them.) These laces always have always outlasted the shoes I have put them in.

The laces are very reasonably priced, but shipping a single pair is pricey; I recommend buying a few pairs at the same time to save on shipping charges. The people at FootGalaxy have come up with a wide variety of colors for you to try, so feel free to experiment.

I highly recommend these shoelaces.