Football Manager 2011
|Price:||$19.95 + $6.99 shipping|
|You Save:||$20.00 (50%)|
- Match Preparation allows you to train your team in specific areas for each match, including tactics and set pieces.
- Show the world your success by publishing your achievements in the new Manager's Room and on social networks.
- Live contract talks bring negotiations to life. Deal with different types of players and agents, to wrap up the best deals or beat others to signings.
- The most intuitive training in Football Manager ever allows you to focus on individual training with a single instruction in 14 areas.
- Enhanced match experience, including new graphics, new stadiums, new lighting, more player celebrations, on pitch emotions and over 100 new animations.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
So, after a few nudges, I downloaded the trial from Steam. Then I bought the game. And now, like millions of others across the world, I am hopelessly addicted to a football simulator. So much so that I had to write this review simply to clue in more people about the best way to destroy hours of your life.
Introductory points on Football Manager 11:
* You play the role of a football manager in a day to day, turn based system. Pick your team and hit continue and watch the options unfold.
* "Playing" the game primarily consists of several key actions: Buying / selling players, setting training schedules, setting formations, and interacting with the players and press.
* After you pick your Starting 11 + subs and motivate them to play their little hearts out, a match simulator begins with a 3d engine. Each of your players 40 "traits" or "stats" come into play as the match unfolds. From the sideline you can bark orders and at halftime you can encourage, praise, or insult your players, based on performance.
* This "hands off" nature of the game provides great satisfaction. When your 19 year old defender scores 4 goals, all headers from set pieces, you can sit there praising your own foresight in training his heading skill up to 16.
* Almost every league in the world is available to play.Read more ›
To me a sign of a good game is taking something that I may not be normally interested in and turning it into something that I can't get enough of. This games accomplishes that.
I recommend it to anyone that is a sports fan or anyone that is a gamer. If you are a soccer nut there is not much that I can tell you as you probably already know all about this franchise. You don't have to be a soccer nut to like this game and I am a classic example of that.
Year Zero - I come on as coach and fire some of my staff, basically expensive guys who arent that good at there positions. I then create two formations, a 4-2-3-1 and another 4-2-3-1 - huh? One is more aggressive offensively then the other. Anyways, I get my lineup together and start the season.
Year One - I wasnt familiar at this point with all the off-season tasks like new transfers ect. I go through my first season pretty quickly, learning which stats affect certain skills. Like defenders need more than high Tackling and Marking, they also need high Concentration for late in games. Well, Alex Sanchez lead Serie A in scoring. Udinese places 4th, earning Champions League entry. I beat Inter Milan for the Italian Cup, and then later for Super Italian Cup. My board is happy and gives me a raise after my first year. I also win Manger of the Year!
Year Two - I release/loan/transfer TONS of my reserve players giving me some $45 million for transfer budget. I by Giuseppe Rossi from Villareal for $44 million. I also get a decent young Attacking Midfielder named Diego. Season two is off and Im struggling. Sanchez and Rossi are not cooperating. Half way through the season Im sitting in 9th place. I adjust my formation, moving Sanchez from striker to Attack Midfielder. Rossi is now my loan striker. I make sign a few young talents for my under 20 squad in January.Read more ›
something to point out is that it runs perfectly 3D gaming with my integrated video card maybe once in a while it will slow down but not more than 2 seconds and the game keeps going on really good.
I would recommend this purchase
This simulation is also intensely difficult, I generally manage Liverpool and even though they are a great side and financially well-off, you find winning games, managing the books and getting in new players is a difficult process. I can't say I am not experienced at the game because I am, but every season is a new challenge. There are so many angles to this game from tactics, training, negotiating with players, buying and selling players, getting in staff to train your players etc.
One of the key points in the game is not buying in a player who wants too much wages. You may get him on the cheap but if he is getting 150,000 per week then he isn't a good choice because eventually your wage bill will run so high that you won't be able to get in any other players. This happened to me with Yaya Toure of Man City who is a fantastic player. You get offered him for around 5 million but he wants 170,000 per week! Needless to say I did not purchase him.
I find that sticking to the same tactic is the best plan in this game, although you have plenty of choices. My favorite tactic is a customized variant of 4-5-1. So far I have played this game for nearly 2 seasons.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
works well. arrived on time. only problem is that it was a pain to install on a windows 8 computer. eventually figured it out though. i love this game and play everyday. Read morePublished on December 7, 2013 by JWill
I had Football Manager 2010 so I figured I would upgrade to 2011. 2011 has crashed at least 4-5 times on my machine Football Manager 2010 is still working well and I have purchased... Read morePublished on August 13, 2012 by David Norville
I have always enjoyed football simulators. Started with Football Director in the 90s.
This is among the best of them.
A lot of fun to play. Read more
THIS GAME IS GREAT, FOR YEARS I PLAYED CHAMPIONSHIP MANAGER AND AS I WAS GETTING OLDER I STOPED.
I GOT THIS GAME LAST MARCH AND MY WIFE WANT TO KILL ME, BUT I LOVE IT. Read more
This game is so much fun...I love these types of games. The football manager franchise is excellent...Wish they made a another hockey manager.Published on September 21, 2011 by Anthony d
Game doesn't differ that much than the previous version (I only ever buy every other one of this series)
Great, addictive game. Read more