4.0 out of 5 stars very good but room for improvement
I really like these guides. However they should compare their last years forecasts with actual. Its a great book and has an edge. I get it more for the previews than the stats as I don't do fantasy football.
Published on October 5, 2011 by Shaggy Horgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stats and funny, but don't use on draft day
I drafted in my fantasy league 100% based on this book and am now 0-5. For instance, I grabbed Mendenhall as my 2nd round choice. For some reason, they always rank Mendenhall very high (he is ranked the nr. 4 player over all in their book), but every year, M-hall disappoints. They also seem to have the Bears defense / special teams too high.

The book is...
Published on October 12, 2011 by John

4.0 out of 5 stars very good but room for improvement, October 5, 2011
This review is from: Football Outsiders Almanac 2011: The Essential Guide to the 2011 NFL and College Football Seasons (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great work, as always, August 26, 2011
Bull Sheriff (Carrolltown, PA) - See all my reviews
The FOA is a great resource for footballs fans. They go much deeper than traditional stats to give insight on who (teams and individual players) really did play well last year, and how you can expect them to play this year. This is perfect for fantasy geeks. Even on short notice due to the lockout, they put together an up-to-date resource. Great work guys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy Football Feasting, February 26, 2012
If you want to win your fantasy football league in 2012, you had better use this book. I bought it for the first time this year, and thanks to its peerless analysis, I won 2 of the 4 leagues I played in 2011, and finished 2nd in another league. It's not even that the book is geared to fantasy football, but it IS geared towards letting you know what works and why, which you can then apply to fantasy and dominate. I walked into my drafts knowing what players to ignore and which to target. There is no substitute to good information. This is the best. (It will, though, make you scoff at "traditional mainstream football analysts" who show up on the networks to spread disinformation.)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good stats and funny, but don't use on draft day, October 12, 2011

The book is interesting, but I would not use it as my sole source for the draft anymore.

$21.95 $19.76